2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley | Page 15 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If he commits, he’s Klay Thompson but a better shooter & even more 2 way upside than Thompson had.
Guys, puff, puff pass. He is not Klay Thompson, an all NBA defender, and somehow he has even less in common with Castle. He's a nice High School shooting prospect. We're sounding Kentucky right here lol

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
You'll never get a wink out of me again. Even for McNeeley.;)
IMG_7895.gif

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure the wink will ever be deployed in this NIL era. Matrim got (so unfairly) criticized after Timberlake flipped to Kansas at the last moment, and I thought Matrim indicated that "the wink" was going to be mothballed.
Speaking of Timberlake, man that miss was so important for our championship. Without Camm, I don't know about #6.

Reaction Score
Hope we get a visit. Apparently Arkansas and Alabama are pretty solidly in the mix.
2 things scare me here.

1) Tyson chicken man
2) Rylan Griffin just unexpectedly left Bama so now they have a clear opening for McNeeley.

And then theres also Bill Self and Adidas waiting in the dark to drop a bag at the 23rd hour.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
If McNeely doesn’t come to UConn:

View attachment 99547
Nah. No one can ever take that title from Matt Jones of KSR. His whole facade of being a Kentucky insider was smashed 19 separate times the last 3 days. He will never recover. Matrim is
Nostradamus compared to that dolt . ;);)

Reaction Score
2 things scare me here.

1) Tyson chicken man
2) Rylan Griffin just unexpectedly left Bama so now they have a clear opening for McNeeley.

And then theres also Bill Self and Adidas waiting in the dark to drop a bag at the 23rd hour.
if he can be bought then we dont want him. we want guys willing to take less money to come to UConn. like Hurley just did.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
if he can be bought then we dont want him. we want guys willing to take less money to come to UConn. like Hurley just did.
that's exactly right - Hurley has two incredible proof points for his pitch. One is what you just mentioned - he personally took less money for the right reasons. The other is the Stephon Castle example. You can win, become better and reach the next level when you put the team first and not yourself.

Selfish? Want the biggest bag of cash? UConn isn't for you.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
If only he had claimed to be hanging out with Hurley in Lexington…
In all seriousness it was an incredible masterclass in “how you can ruin your career brand in 72 hours” . Even the mentally feeble Kentucky fans who couldn’t spell the word “ Cat” even if you spotted them the C and the T caught on to the fact that he has just been making crap up for a decade.

Reaction Score
2 things scare me here.

1) Tyson chicken man

I'd take Rylan over McNeely if we want a 3peat.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
2 things scare me here.

1) Tyson chicken man

Heard on WFAN this morning that the Tyson chicken man is providing Arkansas with 10 million in NIL and Jerry Jones is chipping in to add to that. That’s diabolical

Reaction Score
Heard on WFAN this morning that the Tyson chicken man is providing Arkansas with 10 million in NIL and Jerry Jones is chipping in to add to that. That’s diabolical
So basically, they want to emulate what Cal did at UK? Spend $$$$ on a team full of 5-stars and maybe get to the Final 4 if not getting bounced early? Whatever, have at it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Speaking of Timberlake, man that miss was so important for our championship. Without Camm, I don't know about #6.
Destiny.

Reaction Score
Just bear in mind things change RAPIDLY in the NIL era. Nothing is done until the kid’s on the campus getting his @$$ kicked in practice.
Preach. Yes, things were fluid before. Add cash to mix and it’s New England weather…can change that fast

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
They also, I believe, literally do not have a roster. So they need to buy an entire team.

What could go wrong?

Oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member