2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The problem with Johnson is that the things he does well are so strongly dependent on what's going on around him -- guards effectively using ball-screens, getting a defender on their back and another in front that has to commit to stopping the dribble, and freeing up Johnson for the alley-oop. Yeah, there's a good chance we'll still have some of that ability, but if not, his assets go way down in value and his liabilities are highly pronounced.
For all intensive purposes he was a freshman last. Year. I would be surprised if he does not make a huge leap this year and show a much broader skillser

Reaction Score
how about who stays out of foul trouble the longest gets the most minutes..SJ has to cut down on his fouls!
Yea this is what I keep coming back to with Samson. Doesn't matter how much certain skills improve or weight is added if he is as prone to foul trouble as he has been. The minutes issue is going to work itself out more often than not due to this factor alone, I suspect.

Reaction Score
Cracking Up Lol GIF by NBA on TNT
Call technical support

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
We have another Eurotrip this summer?
I remembered Nova going on trips after their 2 championships. I assumed champions went on trips. I’m just learning I guess it’s only every few years?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We get him, I'm opening champagne... to go with my other cocktails
My wife told me to get a bottle of champagne from the basement to celebrate if we won the BE tournament. I kept on forgetting to do it. When I finally did remember I realized it was the sixth time she asked me.

Needless to say I told her we have to save that bottle for when we win #6 and the rest as they say is history.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Isnt this supposed to be about McNeeley? How did this get to be a Johnson thread ? As someone who hopes we do land McNeeley I was hoping to see info about him. It be time to take our meds if we cannot stay on topic
Visit set up for Monday and Tuesday. I imagine there’s a lot of nerves surrounding this recruitment. People distract themselves by discussing other things.

We got Reed. We hopefully keep Samson with that get. So the distraction game is to predict the five position next season.

Reaction Score
For all intents and purposes he was a freshman last. Year. I would be surprised if he does not make a huge leap this year and show a much broader skillser
Intensive purposes!!!! I didn’t know Doug heffernan was on the boneyard!!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Is McNeeley allowed to play pickup with the team? Will Donovan and Steph be on campus?

Reaction Score
Huge difference in flaming and honesty and I don’t see much flaming at all.
Are you a journalist or are you trying to support the team. Your "honesty" benefits nothing.

Reaction Score
Haha whether that’s real or facetious, good response.

But really, that’s why I was saying “or Hawkins, or…” because I think he’s very much his own player but can fill multiple roles.

I think the easiest things to translate are the Cam and Hawkins qualities, so to speak: high IQ plays and outside shooting. Even frosh year he should be plug and play there, or close to it.

We definitely agree overall.
Do you think he is a 1 and done type of guy?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Do you think he is a 1 and done type of guy?

That will depend on a ton of things I don’t know or can’t know yet, but he definitely has the potential. He’s projected first round 2025, he’s got league size and can shoot at a really high level. A good season could easily have him upper first round. Don’t know his priorities though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom