2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think this is where Marc D really helps…he’s got all the social media and Corp connections
And wait till the Holyoke St. Patrick's Parade Committee gets involved and gets him commercials for Aer Lingus, for his first flight to the old sod where he can legally have his first Guinness and have it served in a Waterford crystal beer glass.........

Reaction Score
I know it means absolutely nothing but there’s a McNeeley thread on Rupp Rafters (UK board) and 90% of the comments on it are saying this is UConn’s battle to lose. We can’t let him leave campus without a commitment.
Reel him in!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I know it means absolutely nothing but there’s a McNeeley thread on Rupp Rafters (UK board) and 90% of the comments on it are saying this is UConn’s battle to lose. We can’t let him leave campus without a commitment.
This is probably true, given the lack of other planned visits.

Reaction Score
No matter who starts, a true 20/20 center rotation is tremendously unlikely.
Yes, it is highly likely that one is better than the other, even infinitesimally, and that guy will get the starter's 25-30 mpg, with the other guy getting 10-15 mpg, pending foul trouble, etc.

Reaction Score
Hoss's. Dude's going to be amazing for us.
Salivating Fish Tacos GIF by BuzzFeed

Reaction Score
I mean there was a solid stretch of the season where that was absolutely the correct assessment. He was getting worked over on defense and was getting shut down offensively. He definitely picked up his game quite a bit the last stretch of the season, though there are still absolutely valid concerns regarding his ability to defend the post and rebound well enough to be a starter.

There is a camp that won’t acknowledge he improved tremendously from his low point and a camp that won’t acknowledge he had a low point or still has a huge way to go to be a solid starter. To be honest, they’re both equally dumb positions to take at this point.
The problem with Johnson is that the things he does well are so strongly dependent on what's going on around him -- guards effectively using ball-screens, getting a defender on their back and another in front that has to commit to stopping the dribble, and freeing up Johnson for the alley-oop. Yeah, there's a good chance we'll still have some of that ability, but if not, his assets go way down in value and his liabilities are highly pronounced.

Reaction Score
I just think (imo) that the Hawkins comp is tough because Hawkins was an incredible shooter with seemingly boundless energy and little else. McNeeley already appears to be much better around the rim and much better at all the standard basketball skills like passing and dribbling.

"Hawkins without the faults" is a rather high bar for a kid who has yet to set foot on campus.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I mean there was a solid stretch of the season where that was absolutely the correct assessment. He was getting worked over on defense and was getting shut down offensively. He definitely picked up his game quite a bit the last stretch of the season, though there are still absolutely valid concerns regarding his ability to defend the post and rebound well enough to be a starter.

There is a camp that won’t acknowledge he improved tremendously from his low point and a camp that won’t acknowledge he had a low point or still has a huge way to go to be a solid starter. To be honest, they’re both equally dumb positions to take at this point.
And there is a point this season where Clingan was out and Johnson was the starter and pretty much single handedly won the St John’s game before Xmas coming off Seton Hall loss. We were undefeated in the BigEast with Johnson as a starter.

People have short memories.

Reaction Score
And there is a point this season where Clingan was out and Johnson was the starter and pretty much single handedly won the St John’s game before Xmas coming off Seton Hall loss. We were undefeated in the BigEast with Johnson as a starter.

People have short memories.

I don’t think there’s anyone is doubting how valuable he was off the bench and how important his improvement was to this seasons success. But he still has a ways to go to be that guy because he was mostly inconsistent. Perfect back up although I wasn’t happy the many times DC got 2 in the first half and he got his 2 fouls soon thereafter. He needs to get away from the reaching, the highly visible inability to box out and get rebounds as well.

If he improves yet again Reed may be backing him up, we will see. No matter his minutes will increase he’s a great back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom