Liam McNeeley COMMITS to UConn (Merged threads) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Liam McNeeley COMMITS to UConn (Merged threads)

Reaction Score
We will find out as Karaban has some great ups. We will see when the NBA draft combines happen. Still Liam isn't at Castle level of athlete. He is good athlete but his shooting is what separates him. I just love how people start go crazy how good players are when they commit to us. I'm sure if Liam didn't commit here the BY would be saying he isn't good of enough athlete to play here. Have to love the BY bump. Pretty soon we will be comparing Liam to MJ. LOL!
Yea no one would be saying that. McNeeley is an objectively better all around athlete than Karaban. At the same size he’s a legitimate wing. While Karaban is solidly a 4. Karabans edge comes from his other worldly basketball IQ. But make no mistake McNeeley was a better overall prospect no matter where he went. Lottery pick type potential. No knock on Karaban

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Castle wasn't known to be a great defender. Ended up being the best.

Liam has really nice hops as well. Really smart paying skills like Cam. Dude is a stud.
Liam will be a great defender at the college level. His size will suffocate guys on the perimeter. Might struggle as a pro though.

Reaction Score
Could McNeeley be the blueprint for future stars? Wait until the second half of your senior year so you can see which programs have a stable coaching staff, national championship cache, and an awareness of the chemistry of the team you are about to join and where you might fit in. Not to mention you have more time to solidify your NIL options.

Reaction Score
Yea no one would be saying that. McNeeley is an objectively better all around athlete than Karaban. At the same size he’s a legitimate wing. While Karaban is solidly a 4. Karabans edge comes from his other worldly basketball IQ. But make no mistake McNeeley was a better overall prospect no matter where he went. Lottery pick type potential. No knock on Karaban
Yeah, I was never doubting that. I was just talking about athletic talent Karaban is pretty decent athlete especially vertically. Where he suffers is lateral. The one thing Karaban has over McNeely is his body. Karban was pretty stacked phycially this year and definitely improved his strength. Karaban just isn't as smooth or good of a shooter as McNeely or have the same handle as him. If he was we would be talking about Karaban in the first round.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I was never doubting that. I was just talking about athletic talent Karaban is pretty decent athlete especially vertically. Where he suffers is lateral. The one thing Karaban has over McNeely is his body. Karban was pretty stacked phycially this year and definitely improved his strength. Karaban just isn't as smooth or good of a shooter as McNeely or have the same handle as him. If he was we would be talking about Karaban in the first round.
We may still be this time next year

Reaction Score
Great get! No, a fantastic get!

McNeely is as close to being the perfect UConn recruit as is humanly possible. Tough, great passer, sees the court, and lights out shooter.

All the pieces are ALMOST in place to make a run at a third. For that to happen, AK and HD must return. Need both of them here and starting to show the others how it’s done.

If they don’t return this team will be talented, but be in no better position at making a Final 4 than a host of other talented teams.

Reaction Score
You are underselling Castle comparing him to Liam. No way is Liam as athletic as Castle. Castle just is so smooth when he jumps that he surprised you but if you look at his hang time it is really good. He is also jumping very efffotlessly when he goes up. Liam is more of Karaban athlete with better lateral quickness. No shame in that since Liam also is the best shooter out of the bunch by a lot.
Does "smooth" translate to higher points per game? If you jump 6" higher, are you more athletic? This talk about Joe being a better athlete than Bob is absurd. Anybody with an IQ over 3.5 realizes Liam is every bit as athletic as Stephon. Liam has superb ball control while dribbling at a high rate of speed. Fabulous ball control, great leaper, notice how his set shot really resembles the one from Larry Legend? Admit it, this kid looks just like a One and Done........

Reaction Score
Does "smooth" translate to higher points per game? If you jump 6" higher, are you more athletic? This talk about Joe being a better athlete than Bob is absurd. Anybody with an IQ over 3.5 realizes Liam is every bit as athletic as Stephon. Liam has superb ball control while dribbling at a high rate of speed. Fabulous ball control, great leaper, notice how his set shot really resembles the one from Larry Legend? Admit it, this kid looks just like a One and Done........
Huh who is this everyone? I think it is obvious to me that Stephon is a better jumper and has better lateral quickness than Liam. Now Liam is a better shooter obviously and that is his main strength. Not saying he is a bad athlete but to compare him to Stephon is a little silly especially since we never seen him play for UConn yet. I don't see Liam doing a lot of alley oop dunks or blocking people in his videos. They are both great players with their own strengths and I'm glad they both will play for UConn.

Reaction Score
Congratulations you have the dumbest post in this thread.

Reaction Score
Steph is an outstanding athlete, size strength, quickness, hops. One of the best athletes in the country.

Liam Def has some really nice hops for sure. But with Liam shooting...if he had Castle athleticism he'd be ranked #1

Reaction Score

Well I guess my IQ is less than 3.5.

But anyone who has met me already knew that, so it's okay.

Reaction Score
We will find out as Karaban has some great ups. We will see when the NBA draft combines happen. Still Liam isn't at Castle level of athlete. He is good athlete but his shooting is what separates him. I just love how people start go crazy how good players are when they commit to us. I'm sure if Liam didn't commit here the BY would be saying he isn't good of enough athlete to play here. Have to love the BY bump. Pretty soon we will be comparing Liam to MJ. LOL!
You mean MJ to Liam. :p

Reaction Score
McNeeley, who only seen maybe once on tv and wasn’t paying attention, looks like an elite modern man wing. He plays like he is designed to plug into the Spencer/castle role on the wing.

I’d expect Jaylin Stewart to take karaban’s spot. Karaban returns, wow, but I think that is unlikely looking at his skill set. Karaban can shoot, has some size, is more mobile driving to the basket than we think, and is in the Andre Jackson draft are. Of late 20s early 30s.

Reaction Score
Liam will be a great defender at the college level. His size will suffocate guys on the perimeter. Might struggle as a pro though.
Then he should stay a couple of years at least at UConn!

Reaction Score
McNeeley, who only seen maybe once on tv and wasn’t paying attention, looks like an elite modern man wing. He plays like he is designed to plug into the Spencer/castle role on the wing.

I’d expect Jaylin Stewart to take karaban’s spot. Karaban returns, wow, but I think that is unlikely looking at his skill set. Karaban can shoot, has some size, is more mobile driving to the basket than we think, and is in the Andre Jackson draft are. Of late 20s early 30s.
Sorry Karaban is not going 1st round under any circumstances, likely 40s best case scenario. Love the kid tho, he's a true champion. The NBA wants athleticism, size, elite shooting.

Reaction Score
Sorry Karaban is not going 1st round under any circumstances, likely 40s best case scenario. Love the kid tho, he's a true champion. The NBA wants athleticism, size, elite shooting.
The NBA is very quickly moving away from valuing athleticism all that highly. When you have guys like Luka and Jokic out there dominating it shows that you don't have to have a shred of athletic ability at all so long as you're tall enough and skilled enough. I do agree though that Alex is not a 1st rounder. He's got average size for the 3 spot and even though he's a great shooter, I definitely wouldn't consider him elite quite yet.

Reaction Score
Luka and Jokic have great game, much like Cam but a lot taller.

Alex was a great shooter freshman year and the 1st half of this year. He lost his stroke which is his calling card. I have no doubt he will get it back next year no matter where he ends up.

Alex will not be able to defend at the NBA level as of right now. His defense improved a lot last year, he will improve even more.

Reaction Score
Steph is number 2 but look who's at number 5 now. Took over Kemba's spot at number 5 all-time recruit rating for UConn.

1000003214.jpg

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I know this is kinda tame but I’m going out for ice cream to celebrate this. I’ll drink tomorrow night, 2 nights in a row doesn’t work anymore at my age.
At the Dairy Bar? ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom