Liam McNeeley COMMITS to UConn (Merged threads) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Liam McNeeley COMMITS to UConn (Merged threads)

Reaction Score
He's just not ready yet for the NBA.
Agreed. This was AKs sophomore season. Hes a good player but with all due respect hes not on the level of a 2 and done sure fire first rounder which is the only reason to leave. He should go test the waters and see what he needs to work on while learning from the experience but he should come back. If he comes back and we land Brea this team is a serious threat for a 3peat.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
shooting over our shorter guards, but no team is outshooting mahaney / ball / brea / mcneeley / karaban / stew anyways.
love it

Reaction Score
Flagg is the number one recruit for all kinds of reasons. That debate is a non starter. I'm from Maine so obviously i think he made a mistake going to Duke but there really isn't much question that he will be one and done.
Mcneeley is my idea of one of the best blue collar players to come out since Bird. He is one talented tough kid who gets it. This is a huge get for Uconn today and going forward. I really feel that this commitment puts Uconn in a very unique position. Castle one year, McNeeley this year. 2 recruitment classes that are top of the food chain. The best thing about Hurley and staff is that not only can they recruit - they can also coach.
What is our class ranking now?

Reaction Score
Agreed. This was AKs sophomore season. Hes a good player but with all due respect hes not on the level of a 2 and done sure fire first rounder which is the only reason to leave. He should go test the waters and see what he needs to work on while learning from the experience but he should come back. If he comes back and we land Brea this team is a serious threat for a 3peat.
If gets feedback that he's def a second rounder in a weak draft, and that any perceived shortcomings (athleticism/agility, being a tweener defensively) can't be overcome to be rated as a first rounder in a deeper draft next year, then he has reason to stay in the draft.

He's in the same spot that AJax and Sanogo were when making a decision. It worked out for one and not there other as far as an immediate path towards playing time in the NBA.

I selfishly hope AK comes back, but understand the reasons above for leaving.

Reaction Score
Bill Murray Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome Liam McNeeley

Reaction Score
You can all thank me. I had given up hope and went to dinner with a bunch of other couples and my old roommate texted me. Had I been hitting refresh on the Boneyard this may have never happened.

You're welcome by the way.

Reaction Score
Don’t think we’ve ever been as doomed as we are right now, but with that being said, I’m feeling a little deja vu to the memories of Kemba (Jennings) and Napier (Knight) among others

caw

Reaction Score

THIRD leading scorer on his HIGH SCHOOL team! Basically Montverde had three players that were top 10 in the country. No wonder they didn't lose. Regardless of him being third on that team, there is no doubt he is the number one fit for us!

They had Flagg (1, PF/SF, Duke), Newell (11, SF/PF, Georgia), Queen (14, C, Maryland), McNeeley (16, SF/SG, UConn), Wright (28, PG, Baylor), Givens (63, PG, LSU). Well constructed team with high major talent at all starting five positions and from whoever the sixth man was for the night. Some college teams could learn to construct a roster like theirs in terms of getting fit positionally and skill.

Reaction Score
if we get all three of our remaining targets( Karaban coming back and mahaney and brea) we are the best team in the country

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom