Liam McNeeley COMMITS to UConn (Merged threads) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Liam McNeeley COMMITS to UConn (Merged threads)

Reaction Score
Didn’t McNeeley act as a guard on his team last year? A lot of those highlights he brought the ball up it seemed.

Reaction Score
Wait - Chandler Bing?
1987 6'0" Center of Attention, Buckley HS
1714225558465.jpeg

Reaction Score
I honestly wanted Liam in Husky uni so badly I was very disappointed hearing of another potential visit, not disappointed in him but that he wasn’t sure. Played golf yesterday at the BYCs favorite venue Quarry Ridge and when done saw the news I was so happy we stayed at the bar for quite a while. I feel my round at Quarry had a smidgen of reason he chose the Huskies.:oops:

Couldn’t be happier than this get, this kids a perfect fit to the Huskies system he will flourish immediately like Nowell, Abraham and Reed!

Who’s going to change the lyrics of Stairway to 7?

Reaction Score
He's a very good athlete as is Castle, Flagg is an absurd athlete.
You are underselling Castle comparing him to Liam. No way is Liam as athletic as Castle. Castle just is so smooth when he jumps that he surprised you but if you look at his hang time it is really good. He is also jumping very efffotlessly when he goes up. Liam is more of Karaban athlete with better lateral quickness. No shame in that since Liam also is the best shooter out of the bunch by a lot.

Reaction Score
You are underselling Castle comparing him to Liam. No way is Liam as athletic as Castle. Castle just is so smooth when he jumps that he surprised you but if you look at his hang time it is really good. He is also jumping very efffotlessly when he goes up. Liam is more of Karaban athlete with better lateral quickness. No shame in that since Liam also is the best shooter out of the bunch by a lot.
Liam is a much better athlete than Karaban

Reaction Score
Liam is a much better athlete than Karaban
We will find out as Karaban has some great ups. We will see when the NBA draft combines happen. Still Liam isn't at Castle level of athlete. He is good athlete but his shooting is what separates him. I just love how people start go crazy how good players are when they commit to us. I'm sure if Liam didn't commit here the BY would be saying he isn't good of enough athlete to play here. Have to love the BY bump. Pretty soon we will be comparing Liam to MJ. LOL!

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
When you go back and look at the clips of Castle he pops of the screen more than it seemed during the game. Ultimately he was a way better leaper than the board has given him credit for at least that is my take. Also his defense was elite. The way he used his length to keep the man he was guarding from getting to the spot he wanted was incredible. Perhaps he was not as spectacular as Jackson but if you asked me who was a better defender it would be Castle and that is not any type of diss to Andre. I really think this years team will age better than 2023.

I see Donovan and Castle as players who will be on the court more as rookies than last years duo of Hawkins and Jackson. As for Sanogo I hope there is a way to find him a role in the nba. Hope he is not destined to be an international star but eventually he will need to make more money before he gets too much older.

Reaction Score
Castle was a steel body defender. Liam looks to be offensively much more talented though.

Reaction Score
I see Castle as a Jimmy Butler comparison athletically and McNeeley as a Klay Thompson comparison athletically. Both are good NBA athletes who are very different players but they wow you more with their game than their run and jump ability.

Karaban beats you with smarts and skill but he's not a good NBA athlete. He's one of the smartest players I've seen though. Only player I've maybe seen who is even smarter at the college level recently is Cam.

Reaction Score
I would have loved to see what Castle would have next year as the main ball handler with this team (I think 18 ppg, 7 apg, and 7 rpg) is not unrealistic, but I guess I will just have to tune into the NBA to see that.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I see Castle as a Jimmy Butler comparison athletically and McNeeley as a Klay Thompson comparison athletically. Both are good NBA athletes who are very different players but they wow you more with their game than their run and jump ability.

Karaban beats you with smarts and skill but he's not a good NBA athlete. He's one of the smartest players I've seen though. Only player I've maybe seen who is even smarter at the college level recently is Cam.
Hurley said that himself basically they started winning after AK got there. Hope he returns, but going forward it's clear Hurley understands he need players like him with AK's IQ..... less of some others - you know who.

Reaction Score

Newton's BB IQ is up there, too. After all, he was the PG and running this elaborate and intricate offense and used his great floor vision to get a lot of his assists. How did Newton get so many rebounds? Was it his hustle, speed, and toughness (to mix it up inside)? Sure, but he seemed to have good knowledge anticipation on how the rebounds would caron off the rim and backboard.

Reaction Score
Absolutely do NOT believe Flagg is numero uno. Liam shares the crown with Flagg, anybody that knows BBall realizes that Liam is not superseded by any HS kid this year. NONE.
What separated Flagg as a high schooler is his insane defense. He looks like a young Anthony Davis out there. There's a reason he's a consensus #1.

Super happy to have Liam but Flagg is really an unbelievable player and deserving of his national ranking.

Reaction Score
What separated Flagg as a high schooler is his insane defense. He looks like a young Anthony Davis out there. There's a reason he's a consensus #1.

Super happy to have Liam but Flagg is really an unbelievable player and deserving of his national ranking.
Cooper is more than deserving of the number 1 spot, he’s been incredible, especially given how much hype he’s had his whole career really. Argument to be made he’s the biggest prospect since Anthony Davis. It’s not to say he’ll be that good but going thru the top players since AD, can’t really point to anyone else whose come in with that level of hype since AD.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom