Lexi Gordon signs WWE NIL Deal | The Boneyard

Lexi Gordon signs WWE NIL Deal

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

Lexi Gordon signs WWE NIL Deal

Former UConn player and current Duke player Lexi Gordon signs a name, image, and likeness deal with the WWE.

1638983829184.png

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Good for Lexi and congrats. I'm glad she is flourishing there. I always wonder, when players leave and have good success elsewhere, "what if they stayed"... but for the most part I believe they made the right decision. Lexi certainly did and look at her now!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I was thinking Lexi Gordon sounded familiar... Then I remembered who she plays for :oops:. Old age is something else :oops::oops:
:eek: Do you remember Lexie Brown- I think she suited up for Maryland in BTB FF.;)

Reaction Score
I think this is great! I've always liked her and cheered her on and here is why. Shortly before she transferred we played a game at ND. She was in a warm-up suit, with an "injury," which was probably a sign of, "I told the team I was transferring so I can't be in uniform" and she was the biggest cheerleader on the bench. She probably very much enjoyed UCONN but knew that she probably wouldn't get much PT and has carved out a very nice career for herself.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This is not a singular deal for her alone. Based on this article, she is 1 of 15 student athletes. nd the Cavinder Twins (Thei WWE act should not be hard to figure) seem to be the only other WCBB recipients

1638995212128.png

Reaction Score
As a frequent, longtime watcher of the male soap opera that is professional wrestling, this is part of a number of changes of philosophy over talent at WWE. Rant about wrestling, which most of you won't care about, to follow:

For most of its history, the wrestling world has been an unusual business that attracted unusual people. At its height it was incredibly popular, drawing nationwide attendance figures that were on a scale with professional sports, but scattered among numerous wrestling business territories, in everything from large urban arenas to tiny rural towns.

But to actually break into the business, you had to be dedicated to it. The breaking-in process for a budding wrestler was anything but comfortable, and the early earning potential was not anything worth writing home about. Becoming a real superstar in wrestling requires a very broad set of skills - you are both reading and communicating with your audience in athletic, non-verbal, and verbal ways simultaneously...on top of having the right "look."

Over the years, the territories consolidated into just a few companies - most notably WWE. And now WWE wants to make sure that the company itself is the star, not the actual wrestlers. They've attempted to pursue this in a variety of different ways, leading to this most recent effort. They've tried to turn away from people who specifically wanted to enter the wrestling business (often with significant experience in other companies or the independent wrestling world). Now they're trying to woo athletes who otherwise wouldn't have considered wrestling with generous pay and/or accommodations.

Most of this NIL class won't work out for them and WWE knows it, but a few might. Actually, the female basketball player who interests me the most is former MSU Bulldog Anriel Howard, who is in WWE's developmental program and has been seen on TV a few times doing non-wrestling stuff. Will she work out? Who knows.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
As a frequent, longtime watcher of the male soap opera that is professional wrestling, this is part of a number of changes of philosophy over talent at WWE. Rant about wrestling, which most of you won't care about, to follow:

For most of its history, the wrestling world has been an unusual business that attracted unusual people. At its height it was incredibly popular, drawing nationwide attendance figures that were on a scale with professional sports, but scattered among numerous wrestling business territories, in everything from large urban arenas to tiny rural towns.

But to actually break into the business, you had to be dedicated to it. The breaking-in process for a budding wrestler was anything but comfortable, and the early earning potential was not anything worth writing home about. Becoming a real superstar in wrestling requires a very broad set of skills - you are both reading and communicating with your audience in athletic, non-verbal, and verbal ways simultaneously...on top of having the right "look."

Over the years, the territories consolidated into just a few companies - most notably WWE. And now WWE wants to make sure that the company itself is the star, not the actual wrestlers. They've attempted to pursue this in a variety of different ways, leading to this most recent effort. They've tried to turn away from people who specifically wanted to enter the wrestling business (often with significant experience in other companies or the independent wrestling world). Now they're trying to woo athletes who otherwise wouldn't have considered wrestling with generous pay and/or accommodations.

Most of this NIL class won't work out for them and WWE knows it, but a few might. Actually, the female basketball player who interests me the most is former MSU Bulldog Anriel Howard, who is in WWE's developmental program and has been seen on TV a few times doing non-wrestling stuff. Will she work out? Who knows.

Many of their top stars were ncaa athletes

The rock
Roman reigns
Kurt angle
Kevin Nash

Wwe is a worse product than back when some of those guys were out there, but there’s no question about the level of athleticism and how it has increased.

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
Many of their top stars were ncaa athletes

The rock
Roman reigns
Kurt angle
Kevin Nash

Wwe is a worse product than back when some of those guys were out there, but there’s no question about the level of athleticism and how it has increased.
The old WWE was amazing.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
but there’s no question about the level of athleticism and how it has increased.
I'm kind of off and on paying attention to it, but yeah I'm dumbfounded by some of the things they can do.

the Q

Reaction Score
I'm kind of off and on paying attention to it, but yeah I'm dumbfounded by some of the things they can do.

Yeah the physical talent is amazing. Guys like ricochet are just impossible athletes.

It’s the other stuff that’s really the issue

Most of the characters are either boring or ridiculous.

And most of the mic work is delusional rather than grounded in even small bits of reality

Reaction Score
the Olympic wrestler Gable Stevenson is gonna be a star. He finished his collegiate wrestling and I'm sure they want him at Wrestlemania. Closest thing to Brock Lesnar.

the Q

Reaction Score
the Olympic wrestler Gable Stevenson is gonna be a star. He finished his collegiate wrestling and I'm sure they want him at Wrestlemania. Closest thing to Brock Lesnar.

Yeah he’s gonna get every chance

Rex Steiner is going to beat him to being a mega star. But similar set up.

But the thing is, you can be bad in the ring and still be a star.

Especially on the womens side, where most of the biggest stars are not strong in the ring

But if you can handle the stick, you can be a star. Everything else can be booked around

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Actually he took advantage of the covid-year and came back to school.

Reaction Score
In the WNBA to get these deals you actually have to be one of the best players. In college looks like all you need are clean clothes, brushed teeth and no pimples. I have no idea who these kids are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom