Lexi Gordon signs WWE NIL Deal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lexi Gordon signs WWE NIL Deal

Reaction Score
I don't think some of these athletes will end up having little to do with wrestling. It may be about representation. Just my guess. It's like Jay Z now representing baseball players and basketball players, rather than just musicians. They have the infrastructure and they are very entrepreneurial in an emerging field. Many of these players represent marketing bargains right now.

Reaction Score
Yikes! From Duke basketball to being the next Fabuous Moolah?

Uhh...has she learned how to flop without harm?
HaHaHaHaHa
Now THAT’S what I recognize as a high sports I.Q.
Props!

Reaction Score
Many of their top stars were ncaa athletes

The rock
Roman reigns
Kurt angle
Kevin Nash

Wwe is a worse product than back when some of those guys were out there, but there’s no question about the level of athleticism and how it has increased.
and John Cena, who played football at my alma mater, little old Springfield College.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Big E played football at Iowa.

There's a guy named Omos who played a bit of college basketball.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Big E played football at Iowa.

There's a guy named Omos who played a bit of college basketball.

South Florida

the Q

Reaction Score
and John Cena, who played football at my alma mater, little old Springfield College.

Its a shame there’s no photographic evidence of his existence

Reaction Score
I remember the "Million Dollar Man", Ted DiBiase, when he was the cleanest wrestler I ever saw, back in the day.

the Q

Reaction Score
His tag line is "You can't see me." People have been pretending like he is invisible for years.

It’s an amazing joke. I’m so glad that hasn’t died

the Q

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
His tag line is "You can't see me." People have been pretending like he is invisible for years.,
Oh, ok, not a WWE fan, but when he was inducted into my college's Hall of Fame I looked to see who he was.

Reaction Score
Well... I saw Bruno Sammartino wrestle Gorilla Monsoon 2/3 for the
World Wide Wrestling Federation Heavywright Championship Belt.
Live- was there
Cowboy Bill Watts on the undercard.

Reaction Score
Can't give the WWE props without recognizing the WWF (World Wildlife Fund can relax, this is just a historical reference).

The evolution from the days of Hogan, the Hart Family/Foundation, Superfly, Steamboat, etc. to the WWE Attitude era was something to behold. Some were able to adjust and make themselves into bigger household names because of it.

This should be an interesting partnership, especially on the women's side of things. The WWE's investment in women has been inconsistent in my opinion, but this seems to be changing lately (fingers crossed).

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Anyone following AEW? A lot of familiar faces that used to be in the WWE. From what I gather it's an organization of wrestlers, for wrestlers. No raging egomaniac McMahon family involved.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It might be an interesting partnership but unfortunately the WWWF/WWF/WCW/WWE is also known for treating their contractor employees quite poorly. If Vince decides to make you a star, then it may work out otherwise they let you go and with it a hefty non-compete clause.
Hopefully these athletes are going to be able to get some good money from Vince and family.

the Q

Reaction Score
Can't give the WWE props without recognizing the WWF (World Wildlife Fund can relax, this is just a historical reference).

The evolution from the days of Hogan, the Hart Family/Foundation, Superfly, Steamboat, etc. to the WWE Attitude era was something to behold. Some were able to adjust and make themselves into bigger household names because of it.

This should be an interesting partnership, especially on the women's side of things. The WWE's investment in women has been inconsistent in my opinion, but this seems to be changing lately (fingers crossed).

For a reason.

When your top stars are someone like Lynch or belaire, you lack serious talent

They’re awful

Charlotte flair is the goddess of womens wrestling. Absolutely incredible

Rhea ripley and Raquel Gonzalez are the future

the Q

Reaction Score
Anyone following AEW? A lot of familiar faces that used to be in the WWE. From what I gather it's an organization of wrestlers, for wrestlers. No raging egomaniac McMahon family involved.

I do.

This hangman story is the single best long term story wrestling has seen since sting and hogan in 96/97.

They’re pushing the overrated ones like Bryan Danielson and Adam Cole. Which is disappointing

I’m still hoping they get bray Wyatt.

Reaction Score
For a reason.

When your top stars are someone like Lynch or belaire, you lack serious talent

They’re awful

Charlotte flair is the goddess of womens wrestling. Absolutely incredible

Rhea ripley and Raquel Gonzalez are the future
I was thinking more of the era when Stratus and Lita were around. Love Flair 100% from what I've seen. Haven't been watching WWE as much as I used to though. Thanks for the tip on Rpley and Gonzalez.

the Q

Reaction Score
I was thinking more of the era when Stratus and Lita were around. Love Flair 100% from what I've seen. Haven't been watching WWE as much as I used to though. Thanks for the tip on Rpley and Gonzalez.

Charlotte flair vs asuka is arguably the greatest womens match in wwe history. It was excellent.

If it’s not that, it’s probsbly flair/ripley from this July’s ppv. That is fantastic if you want to see rhea. Rhea/flair at wm36 was also a pretty good match.

Ripley/Raquel at New Years evil 2021 was last woman standing and fantastically brutal.

That’s probably most of my favorite womens matches of all time right there.

Throw in flair/ripley/io shiri triple threat at nxt takeover in your house 2020 (the timing was fantastic in the match) and you have some fun stuff to work with.

the Q

Reaction Score

Let’s be real.

Being hot makes it easy to get over, wwe has to really screw up your booking for you to not have fans (and they did with Trish clone Mandy rose).

See Sasha banks army of simps who support her despite her being a botch machine.

Reaction Score
The Fabulous Moolah was from here in Columbia.
Her old compound, where she housed and trained many female wrestlers, burned to the ground a few weeks ago. I think the building was being used as some sort of care facility when it happened.

Moolah was almost certainly not an angel, but she was definitely a towering figure in women's wrestling for ages.

Reaction Score
Many of their top stars were ncaa athletes

The rock
Roman reigns
Kurt angle
Kevin Nash

Wwe is a worse product than back when some of those guys were out there, but there’s no question about the level of athleticism and how it has increased.

There's always been plenty of former athletes, with football and "amateur wrestling" being a particularly common source of talent. Steve Austin's football heritage being an obvious example.

Difference is, most of those guys found their own way to wrestling. Rock and Roman come from pro wrestling families, Nash gave it a shot after his ball career was finished. Kurt's an exception - he actually was recruited. He was also a freak who took to it amazingly well.

Basically these days, WWE views ex-athletes, fitness trainers, etc. with no prior pro wrestling interest as its primary talent pool. Whereas in the past the talent pool came out of other wrestling territories or pro wrestling schools. They want to have absolute control of their product, down to assembling their wrestlers from the beginning and optimizing them specifically for their style.

Reaction Score
By the way, in case any of the WCBB fans in this thread want a chuckle, here's Anriel Howard ("Lash Legend") doing her first actual match. She's very green, but that's to be expected for anyone at that level of experience.

It amuses me how basketball players scale differently on a court compared to in the public at large. Howard was basically MSU's version of Gabby Williams back when her team played against UConn*, and as such looked small, as guards tend to do. Next to normal human beings, she looks huge:

*Yes, I'm aware I got the timeline wrong and she never played against UConn while at MSU - leaving the original text in just to own up to my mistake :p

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom