Let's go Temple | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Let's go Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am in Thailand right now and checked the board and Quse losing - well - it just is sweeter now.

They can bite me.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The New New New Maybe Big East has one top program in UConn, one good program in Cincy, a pair of decent programs and then an as-yet-unknown group of rancid crapweasels.

UCF and USF are pure s***.

No one should try to talk themselves into liking this shipwreck.

That aside, good for Temple. Bad karma duck*ed Syracuse - MCW should have been shut down for a few games, but that ain't how they roll.

I did think they were gonna steal the game but in the end, they were robe'd.

Get it? See what I did? Steal? Robe'd? Get it? No? *sigh*

Reaction Score
For those who don't know "cto" she was seen a few times right behind the Cuse bench with good seats......who is it from here who she p'd off?? Hopefully he was sitting with dad right near them with an Owls shirt on!! LOL

Here's what I saw from the Orange.........their trap is long and Temple had big guards and some bigs who were athletic and could pass, have to have that........(UConn will have trouble to say the least)......they come out top so there are many openings but you need quick strong finishers or guys who can get to the lane and kick out for open jumpers while the zone is shifting back.......MCW whines all the time, not a likable dude at all and now they are saying he tried to trip a referee on purpose after the game which is unacceptable, if true JB will be put on the spot again........I can't imagine if his being a thief doesn't warrant a suspension then tripping someone is jus a pumky move so maybe he'll be rewarded with more minutes!! ;)........hated them before the game, dislike them even more with guys like that and fans like they have........bad news is they are a nightmare match up for us this year so we'll meed to wait!!

One more thing, nice job by JB down the stretch having Southerland in the game with 4 on defense after a TO and also getting MCW to get the ball to Fair who was having a career game down the stretch.....how did he get 900 wins?? Must be the zone!!

Reaction Score
Good call Fishy on the MCW karma..........cute too........His game wasn't anything like Kyle "Macy's" either today.....sigh again:oops:

Reaction Score
[quote="mauconnfan, post: 446180, member: 489"
I get a kick out of the love shared by so many on MCW as he is totally overrated. Nice player for his size but Cuse fans have him as a lottery[/quote]

I get a kick out of people calling a kid totally overrated because the first time they watched him play he had a bad game.

I can't stand Syracuse, it aggravates me to no end that Boeheim runs as lax a ship as he does and never hears about it, but it's not just Syracuse fans who have Carter-Williams in the lottery. It's the guys who draft the players too.

Everyone's hero Jay Bilas says he's the best point guard in the country.

Reaction Score
For those who don't know "cto" she was seen a few times right behind the Cuse bench with good seats......who is it from here who she p'd off?? Hopefully he was sitting with dad right near them with an Owls shirt on!! LOL

Here's what I saw from the Orange.........their trap is long and Temple had big guards and some bigs who were athletic and could pass, have to have that........(UConn will have trouble to say the least)......they come out top so there are many openings but you need quick strong finishers or guys who can get to the lane and kick out for open jumpers while the zone is shifting back.......MCW whines all the time, not a likable dude at all and now they are saying he tried to trip a referee on purpose after the game which is unacceptable, if true JB will be put on the spot again........I can't imagine if his being a thief doesn't warrant a suspension then tripping someone is jus a pumky move so maybe he'll be rewarded with more minutes!! ;)........hated them before the game, dislike them even more with guys like that and fans like they have........bad news is they are a nightmare match up for us this year so we'll meed to wait!!

One more thing, nice job by JB down the stretch having Southerland in the game with 4 on defense after a TO and also getting MCW to get the ball to Fair who was having a career game down the stretch.....how did he get 900 wins?? Must be the zone!!

Doris Burke kept saying Cuse was getting bad calls at the end, and the other stooge went along with it. The foul for moving screen on Keita was bad, but what do you want the refs to do with the other calls in which Cuse was grabbing hands and arms in the last minute. Up until that point the refs were one-sided against Temple, with ticky-tack calls, no over the backs on Cuse, etc.

caw

Reaction Score
I get a kick out of people calling a kid totally overrated because the first time they watched him play he had a bad game.

I can't stand Syracuse, it aggravates me to no end that Boeheim runs as lax a ship as he does and never hears about it, but it's not just Syracuse fans who have Carter-Williams in the lottery. It's the guys who draft the players too.

Everyone's hero Jay Bilas says he's the best point guard in the country.

Second best IMO, but he's a great PG. Not a great shooter but usually better than today. Their whole team has been iffy since MCW got away with thievery.

Reaction Score
I did think they were gonna steal the game but in the end, they were robe'd.

Get it? See what I did? Steal? Robe'd? Get it? No? *sigh*

The refs stopped treating him with kid gloves.

Reaction Score
Wow crackman at it again.....yeah that's the first time I watched 'n kid just got cable today?? :confused:

Watch as the season goes on, then we'll talk. Some of the passes they go crazy over you and I can throw vs those teams they play especially with bigs who can finish....like I said big guard, ton of potential, can handle it and can pass it, let's see a little bit more than 10 games against the teams they've played huh? If I'm wrong I'll be sure to let you know because I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying what people say they believe on these type of boards. Some day i will be like you though!!;)

Reaction Score
Thread from Cuse fan looks like he intentionally tried to trip the ref, nice kid easy to root for:

Just went back and looked at it.

MCW was fighting for a rebound at the end of the game. The final whistle blew and Temple was running to their bench to celebrate and the ref was jogging over to the scorers table from nearly directly under the basket. As the camera was panning left to follow the Temple team you can see MCW's left foot hit the outside of the ref's left foot as he passes by. Looked like the ref's foot was already planted so nothing came from it. With the TV frame you can't really see what he did, you just see a part of his left leg so it's hard to tell his intentions -- but it sounds like people at the game saw it too and thought it was dirty.

I'm definitely not liking the extracurriculars from No. 1 these past two weeks...

Reactions: caw

caw

Reaction Score
Thread from Cuse fan looks like he intentionally tried to trip the ref, nice kid easy to root for:

Just went back and looked at it.
MCW was fighting for a rebound at the end of the game. The final whistle blew and Temple was running to their bench to celebrate and the ref was jogging over to the scorers table from nearly directly under the basket. As the camera was panning left to follow the Temple team you can see MCW's left foot hit the outside of the ref's left foot as he passes by. Looked like the ref's foot was already planted so nothing came from it. With the TV frame you can't really see what he did, you just see a part of his left leg so it's hard to tell his intentions -- but it sounds like people at the game saw it too and thought it was dirty.
I'm definitely not liking the extracurriculars from No. 1 these past two weeks...

Role-model right there.

Reaction Score
Looks intentional to me. Smart the way he does it. Plausible deniability if the ref falls. Nothing will come from this particular episode but he could end up with a problem in the future.

No brainer, he had the sweep going with the foot ....... almost wished, w/o injury, the ref took a huge flop to see what JB would do!! Probably the same as MCW's Lord & Taylor's "mishap", nothing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom