Let the Hawk fly now please! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Let the Hawk fly now please!

Reaction Score
Concussion? Hate to see his great game and homecoming be cut short

Reaction Score
Dunk of the year for UConn in my opinion. Not quite on Bouk’s level vs. ECU, but up there.
He's getting some really nice press...

Video: Jordan Hawkins With One Of The Dunks Of The Year

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
You've got to credit Hurley and the staff for helping develop this kid.

Obviously Hawkins has the tools, but Hurley and the staff had him refocus his energy on his man-to-man defense the first half of the season, and it's paid off.

Hawkins has improved so much on D that he's no longer a liability there like he was earlier in the year, so he can stay on the floor more. As a result, his offense has started to blossom.

No longer just a knock down shooter but also driving to the hoop and a nice poster in his homecoming. He's also been pretty decent on the boards and seems more comfortable handling the ball.

Hawkins is such an X factor for this team. If he can consistently contribute double figures nightly, we're going to be really tough to beat.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Hope he’s okay. Looks like possible concussion.
it did? no, it didn't. and za didn't break his wrist. and hurley doesn't need to be on the couch.
seriously, people who go to the hospital when they get a nasty cut, or fall down and go boom, should not post aboot the rest of us who actively engage in life, with the often booboos that come from mixing it up.
and it looks like paige doesn't have osteoporosis, will not need 3 years of therapy for a broken bone and rubberband, and, guess what? tymart has a sore left arm. big deal. it too will heal, someday.
those incessant drug commercials on the tube should be in the hall of fame here. they belong.

freshman hawk is better than any version of tyler, now or five years ago.
blend them for now, cuz tyler does have experience and makes ft's, but as jordan levels out, with his informed defense growing noticeably, he could be a difference maker heading down the backstretch.
we are dangerously close to catching lightning in a bottle. who knows where a spark could come from?

Reaction Score
haven’t seen this posted anywhere but good insight into Hawk’s background. Looks like it should be a multiple episode series

Reaction Score
Doesn't really help your case since he had 25 points on 13 shots that day
It absolutely does help my point. 5 turnovers in a double digit loss was a sub-par performance by Cole. In the rematch against Nova he only had 2 turnovers and UConn won. Cole has well over 2200 points in his career. Everyone knows he can score. All I was saying was that the one game with five turnovers his performance seemed a bit inefficient. I certainly think that's a fair comment. In fact, I think Cole has played well enough this season to either make first Team All Big East or second Team All Big East. He is incredibly important to UConn, one of the most valuable players in the conference.

Reaction Score
It absolutely does help my point. 5 turnovers in a double digit loss was a sub-par performance by Cole. In the rematch against Nova he only had 2 turnovers and UConn won. Cole has well over 2200 points in his career. Everyone knows he can score. All I was saying was that the one game with five turnovers his performance seemed a bit inefficient. I certainly think that's a fair comment. In fact, I think Cole has played well enough this season to either make first Team All Big East or second Team All Big East. He is incredibly important to UConn, one of the most valuable players in the conference.
He’s certainly our most important player. The team seems to be adapting well to stretches without Sanogo, but no Cole would be disastrous. We’re extremely fortunate to have him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom