Lester Quinones recruitment update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lester Quinones recruitment update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Kids have to be out of their minds to go to St. John's.

For the second straight year, Chris Mullin has literally not showed up to a single AAU event before late May. It's the most important time of the year to show up, and he hasn't even bothered.

His teams have proven they can beat the best teams in the country like Duke, but yet he can't coach them well enough to consistently beat teams that aren't even top 100 in the country.

I get that Mullin is a HOF player and that can be good for recruiting, but it doesn't help when he half asses that, and also dogs it on the coaching end. St. John's will continue to be a disaster if he's HC. Hopefully, Jalen Adams' old Brewster teammate and buddy Justin Simon will grad transfer next year and Hurley can reel him in, because I'm pretty confident that the Johnnies will disappoint once again and he's wasting a ton of talent there.
We have our own experience either ghst

Reaction Score
No doubt that the 2019 will be huge in determining the future of UConn basketball. I am praying that Hurley can pull off a monster class of local kids in Quinones. Delaire, Akok, Cockburn, and Kenney. We have to get back to getting the kids in our backyard!

Like that class but replace Kenney with Watts and all will be well in Storrs future.

Reaction Score
No doubt that the 2019 will be huge in determining the future of UConn basketball. I am praying that Hurley can pull off a monster class of local kids in Quinones. Delaire, Akok, Cockburn, and Kenney. We have to get back to getting the kids in our backyard!

We're not recruiting Kenney. The kid is a MAC level player right now, imo.

Delaire, quinones are all doable. As are precious. Not sure about cockburn

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Syracuse is reportedly telling him the zone is the future of the NBA because players are becoming impossible to guard man to man. Therefore, why waste your time in college playing man when we can teach you the world's best zone which in turn will allow you to rest on defense and, with your great shooting ability, make you a sure lottery pick.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Hopefully it means nothing because it's an article which makes one think he's not ours that's for damn sure. Heck he's even considering the Cuse despite knowing he's not one of their priorities since they haven't even offered.
No mention in the latest Evans blog either. I'm thinking we are off the board.

"His recruitment has slowly evolved into a high-major recruiting battle between Illinois, St. John’s and Georgetown. However, UCLA has begun to show attention with the top tier shooter, as has Syracuse, a program that puts a premium on shooters as they have begun to pick things up with Quinones of late."

BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Hoop Group Southern: Evans' Saturday Notebook

Reaction Score

"His recruitment has slowly evolved into a high-major recruiting battle between Illinois, St. John’s and Georgetown. However, UCLA has begun to show attention with the top tier shooter, as has Syracuse, a program that puts a premium on shooters as they have begun to pick things up with Quinones of late."

St. Benedict's kid. Not likely that UConn is totally off the board.

C

Chief00

When all else falls, trust in Chief.

Reaction Score

FWIW Evans wrote both pieces on Quinones

C

Chief00

Chief could have just stopped at “IDK”

Materially different. Posters were citing a story that we weren’t mentioned. Reality is the decision has not been made yet, but, we are in the running.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Not sure St. John's, Georgetown or Illinois are high majors though UCLA is. I mean UConn is at least in the same boat as the first three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom