Lester Quinones recruitment update | The Boneyard

Lester Quinones recruitment update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
About his recruitment, Quinones said, “Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Georgetown, St. John’s, Seton Hall, Virginia, Oregon have all been making me a priority.”

Another school that has clearly made Quinones a priority is Connecticut. New Coach Danny Hurley wants to bring the Huskies back by recruiting at a high level in the Northeast, and Quinones is a key priority for them.

“Coach (Kimani) Young was recruiting me at Minnesota, and he has just continued that since he got to Connecticut,” said Quinones of the Huskies. “Also Coach Hurley used to coach at St. Benedict’s, so I have familiarity with them.”
247Sports composite top 100 prospect Lester Quinones talks his top options on the recruiting trail

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
“They’ve just been trying to say how me and Precious (Achiwua), if we came there we could be great,” explained Quinones.

Or they could just both come here instead of St. John's.
Why go to St John's, decide you hate it and have to sit out a year before you can play here? Just cut to the chase and come here. Sid needs to talk to these guys.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
“They’ve just been trying to say how me and Precious (Achiwua), if we came there we could be great,” explained Quinones.

Why go to St John's, decide you hate it and have to sit out a year before you can play here? Just cut to the chase and come here. Sid needs to talk to these guys.

“Syracuse is telling me how I would fit in well with their zone,” noted Quinones.

So basically I'll be a good college player in the zone and then because of that either not make the NBA or stink if I do get there.
What would you do?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I knew I recognized you from the TV.
We've had a running "stupid Dad joke" in our house for years that "Johnquinones" was my middle name because I loved saying his name and actually tried to convince my youngest daughter that it was my middle name, back when we all used to watch the show together.

Reaction Score
We've had a running "stupid Dad joke" in our house for years that "Johnquinones" was my middle name because I loved saying his name and actually tried to convince my youngest daughter that it was my middle name, back when we all used to watch the show together.
It's a great name, just rolls off the tongue.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

I ran in to him at the Cleavlander in Miami Beach a few years and chatted for a couple of minutes as it was a slow afternoon and there were only a few people there. I was buzzed and said “hi Johnquinones” with a stupid accent that I suppose was much like the one you used. Nice guy.

Reaction Score
Promising flow to Lester's remarks. States Connecticut first in the order, nice, and then talks about Kimani Young and Hurley.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
“Syracuse is telling me how I would fit in well with their zone,” noted Quinones.

So basically I'll be a good college player in the zone and then because of that either not make the NBA or stink if I do get there.
And...

"My focus has been to defend and shut my man down, and then the offense will come to me. Obviously my strength is my ability to shoot, but my goal is to be just as good on defense as I am on offense.”

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
And...

"My focus has been to defend and shut my man down, and then the offense will come to me. Obviously my strength is my ability to shoot, but my goal is to be just as good on defense as I am on offense.”

“Don’t do that, just stand there, much easier, see?!?!”
- Jim Boeheim, probably

Reaction Score

Kids have to be out of their minds to go to St. John's.

For the second straight year, Chris Mullin has literally not showed up to a single AAU event before late May. It's the most important time of the year to show up, and he hasn't even bothered.

His teams have proven they can beat the best teams in the country like Duke, but yet he can't coach them well enough to consistently beat teams that aren't even top 100 in the country.

I get that Mullin is a HOF player and that can be good for recruiting, but it doesn't help when he half asses that, and also dogs it on the coaching end. St. John's will continue to be a disaster if he's HC. Hopefully, Jalen Adams' old Brewster teammate and buddy Justin Simon will grad transfer next year and Hurley can reel him in, because I'm pretty confident that the Johnnies will disappoint once again and he's wasting a ton of talent there.

Reaction Score
His teams have proven they can beat the best teams in the country like Duke, but yet he can't coach them well enough to consistently beat teams that aren't even top 100 in the country.
Seriously? That's insane. St. John's fans have to be pretty mad.

Reaction Score

The fact that he brought it up is a negative IMO for Cuse. Imagine how the rest of his quote must have went......

“Syracuse is telling me how I would fit in well with their zone, can you believe that

Reaction Score
Kids have to be out of their minds to go to St. John's.

For the second straight year, Chris Mullin has literally not showed up to a single AAU event before late May. It's the most important time of the year to show up, and he hasn't even bothered.

I get that Mullin is a HOF player and that can be good for recruiting, but it doesn't help when he half asses that, and also dogs it on the coaching end. St. John's will continue to be a disaster if he's HC. Hopefully, Jalen Adams' old Brewster teammate and buddy Justin Simon will grad transfer next year and Hurley can reel him in, because I'm pretty confident that the Johnnies will disappoint once again and he's wasting a ton of talent there.
where have i read this before? Former NBA player that got really lazy on the recruiting trail and driving fans nuts?

Seriously how nice is it to read this and it’s not about us!

Really wanted Simon when he transferred the first time. I have no idea how he did last year but provided not much has changed would love adding him. Who knows how it will all work out.

C

Chief00

The fact that he brought it up is a negative IMO for Cuse. Imagine how the rest of his quote must have went.

“Syracuse is telling me how I would fit in well with their zone, can you believe that
If you have any dream of playing in the NBA - that should be the end of the conversation.

Reaction Score
No doubt that the 2019 will be huge in determining the future of UConn basketball. I am praying that Hurley can pull off a monster class of local kids in Quinones. Delaire, Akok, Cockburn, and Kenney. We have to get back to getting the kids in our backyard!

C

Chief00

No doubt that the 2019 will be huge in determining the future of UConn basketball. I am praying that Hurley can pull off a monster class of local kids in Quinones. Delaire, Akok, Cockburn, and Kenney. We have to get back to getting the kids in our backyard!

I don’t think Kenney is a priory target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom