OT: Legal question. | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Legal question.

Reaction Score
So I got a call from the Deputy DA. She wants me to scan and email the letter from her doctor. Then we a phone conference Monday or Wednesday next week. We'll see how that turns out.
The news story just ran on Fox31 Denver-so they usually post the video after the news.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
i Just checked, and it is not up yet. 8:30 et.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
You can find it on the live stream - you just have to play with the slider until you see the time on the TV broadcast in the lower left hand corner read about 5:31 to 5:32. Live Streaming

edit: I imagine if you don't watch it this evening, you probably won't be able to find it tomorrow unless they post the story in the news links.

Last edited:

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
On a completely different note, it's really cool to see her face light up every time she walks up to you. My dad has Alzheimers and no longer recognizes who I am. I hope it gives you some solace that even in her diminished condition, you are obviously her rock. You must have been very good to her.

Reaction Score
Madmann , I’m sure you will be hearing from a large number of locals after they saw the newscast who will be offering their help,compasssion and more importantly, expressing their outrage towards your neighbor. I’m guessing they will let the DA know how asinine the charge is and the DA will want this to go away asap.
It’s amazing how uncompassionate people can be even when he new of your wife’s condition. Good people know the difference between right and wrong. Your neighbor is not a good person and he deserves the wrath of bad attention he is getting. Best of luck to you and your wife.

Reaction Score

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Stay strong and it will hopefully all be over soon. Feel free to reach out if you need any additional legal advice. Of course, you know what they say about free legal advice: it's worth what you pay for it...nothing!

Seriously, feel free to PM me if I can answer any questions you may have. Good luck and God bless your poor wife and your misfortunes. Better days are soon ahead!

Reaction Score
The news team did a nice job with this. I wish you the best of luck with it. Keep us informed.

It was a really nice piece, but I wish they had used your neighbor's name (it's part of the public record) to give him the full shaming he deserved.

Madmann...u guys are WAY too young to be be dealing with these issues....you are both in my thoughts

Reaction Score
This is ridiculous. I am so sorry to hear about it. The officers were wrong to file a complaint, in my opinion, if they know the issues surrounding it.
So I got a call from the Deputy DA. She wants me to scan and email the letter from her doctor. Then we a phone conference Monday or Wednesday next week. We'll see how that turns out.
The news story just ran on Fox31 Denver-so they usually post the video after the news.

Good for you. This is why we need media and newspapers. This person is not nice. That's the end of the story. I am sure your life is as difficult, and instead of helping, your neighbor made it worse.

I hope things get better, in some way, for you. God bless.

Reaction Score
Just odd. Never really realized how social media works. Between the 2 links on the KDVR facebook page, there are 83 shares of this story all over the place. Not sure if it qualifies as viral...BUT? Feel free to go on their page and share the link.

Reaction Score
Madmann , I’m sure you will be hearing from a large number of locals after they saw the newscast who will be offering their help,compasssion and more importantly, expressing their outrage towards your neighbor. I’m guessing they will let the DA know how asinine the charge is and the DA will want this to go away asap.
It’s amazing how uncompassionate people can be even when he new of your wife’s condition. Good people know the difference between right and wrong. Your neighbor is not a good person and he deserves the wrath of bad attention he is getting. Best of luck to you and your wife.
FYI. someone on the Nextdoor sight posted the story with the title "I hope whoever you are that reported this feels ashamed of yourself as a human and neighbor".
So then, many of my neighbors that I have never met have offered to bring meals, walk with my wife, pay any fines and have a community BBQ in honor of my wife".
Many more have commented on what a jerk the guys is.

Here is one comment-Interesting.
So I googled the address, and discovered that on one of my walks, I had happened to stop there to take a cellphone pic of a magnificent sunset. Someone came out of that house and wanted to know what I was doing. (? wasn't it obvious?) I forget the rest of the conversation except that I felt I had to make excuses for having stopped there. ps I am a walking-impaired, great-grandma aged senior.

so some good is coming from this.

Reaction Score
So I spoke with the DA on Monday. She was talking about mediation. Frankly if I was in the same room as the guy I don't know what I would do. I finally e mailed her and said no to mediation, but feel free to put her on trial. she called tonight and said she would dismiss the case. she also agreed to go to the judge on my behalf so I wouldn't need to lose time at work for another court date. she said if I was interested in mediation, they would pay for it. Common sense and justice prevailed in this one. Thanks to everyone for your support.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Great news! The DA knows the case is a loser for her. It seems a little weird that she suggested mediation after she agreed to dismiss the case, but no matter.

You have another career as an attorney in your future. Best of luck and prayers to you and your wife.

Reaction Score
Great news! The DA knows the case is a loser for her. It seems a little weird that she suggested mediation after she agreed to dismiss the case, but no matter.

You have another career as an attorney in your future. Best of luck and prayers to you and your wife.

So she initially offered mediation on Monday. I told her I would think about it. Then I emailed her and said, no thanks...but feel free to prosecute her. I added she is not capable of entering a plea. (She signed her understanding of her rights and dated it 12/24/86). So I said I was done and explained she has months to live and I was not going to spend any more time on this. She said she would still offer mediation and they would pay. I said no, I had no desire to negotiate with a bully.

Reaction Score
So I spoke with the DA on Monday. She was talking about mediation. Frankly if I was in the same room as the guy I don't know what I would do. I finally e mailed her and said no to mediation, but feel free to put her on trial. she called tonight and said she would dismiss the case. she also agreed to go to the judge on my behalf so I wouldn't need to lose time at work for another court date. she said if I was interested in mediation, they would pay for it. Common sense and justice prevailed in this one. Thanks to everyone for your support.
Sometimes common sense and logic win out and this was one of those times. So glad this worked out for you and your wife.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom