Lebron could learn something from Messiflo | The Boneyard

Lebron could learn something from Messiflo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
5'7" messi gets hacked, kicked and knocked down a dozen times every game. He gets right up, he doesn't complain, or flop on the ground. He buries a free kick right in your grill. 6'7" Lebron gets breathed on, bumped, knocked to the ground, he flounders around like his arms got broken.

Messi is the epitome of an icon and superstar. Lebron should take notes,

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Until Messi wins something while carrying the entire city of Cleveland on his shoulders as Draymond Green punches him square in the nuts, LeBron James has nothing to learn from that Argentinian waif.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Messi just ate our lunch. I'm not in any mood to give him compliments. Lebron may be the best athlete on the planet, I don't think he needs to learn anything from messi.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
LeBron just played one of the best (and toughest) finals ever. He brought a championship to his hometown and was overcome by emotion.

It's a great story, not time to go off on him

As for Messi, he showed us what the best soccer players in the world look like

Reaction Score
I follow the USA soccer team mainly to have something to talk about with my nephews. But it is still slow, slow, slow and a 2-1 game is a scoring explosion.

As an athlete, Messi comes up to LeBron's jock strap.

Reaction Score
I follow the USA soccer team mainly to have something to talk about with my nephews. But it is still slow, slow, slow and a 2-1 game is a scoring explosion.

As an athlete, Messi comes up to LeBron's jock strap.
Literally.

Reaction Score
LOL.

541547562.jpg

I think he's okay.

Reaction Score
5'7" messi gets hacked, kicked and knocked down a dozen times every game. He gets right up, he doesn't complain, or flop on the ground. He buries a free kick right in your grill. 6'7" Lebron gets breathed on, bumped, knocked to the ground, he flounders around like his arms got broken.

Messi is the epitome of an icon and superstar. Lebron should take notes,
I don't recall a single LeBron flop in the finals or playoffs for that matter.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Messi is insanely good, and while there is too much flopping or selling of calls in the NBA, Soccer/Football takes it to a whole different level. It's embarrassing. I watch Julian Edelman at 5'10" get drilled by guys who weigh 250 pounds running full speed and he pops back up. Soccer players roll around in agony from someone tripping them or grazing their calf.

Messi does it too, but less than most. The reason he does it less isn't about toughness, it's talent. He can retain the ball even while being fouled, and the foul is generally worth less to him than the possession. Almost all NBA players can play through a foul, and the league lets them get the foul and the score. End that practice and see what happens. They'll stop selling the ticky tack stuff.

Reaction Score
Until Messi wins something while carrying the entire city of Cleveland on his shoulders as Draymond Green punches him square in the nuts, LeBron James has nothing to learn from that Argentinian waif.

"Punches him square in the nuts" what a drama queen, nice job LeFishy James

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Until he wins a World Cup, yes. But Messi carries the rabid hopes of an entire country, not just a city, on his back. Argentina haven't lifted a trophy in a relatively long time either, given their status. He faces more pressure than Lebron, and is a bigger face internationally than Lebron.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Messi is insanely good, and while there is too much flopping or selling of calls in the NBA, Soccer/Football takes it to a whole different level. It's embarrassing. I watch Julian Edelman at 5'10" get drilled by guys who weigh 250 pounds running full speed and he pops back up. Soccer players roll around in agony from someone tripping them or grazing their calf.

Messi does it too, but less than most. The reason he does it less isn't about toughness, it's talent. He can retain the ball even while being fouled, and the foul is generally worth less to him than the possession. Almost all NBA players can play through a foul, and the league lets them get the foul and the score. End that practice and see what happens. They'll stop selling the ticky tack stuff.

The reason for this is simple. A foul in soccer is worth so much more than one in basketball. It's better to try and stop the basketball, while in soccer, it's better to draw a foul. Goals are so much more important than a couple of free throws, and free kicks and penalties are some of the most dangerous scoring opportunities you get.

Reaction Score
Until he wins a World Cup, yes. But Messi carries the rabid hopes of an entire country, not just a city,
Cleveland's GDP is roughly 40% that of Argentina, so the whole "country" thing is a bit dramatic. Throw in that Cleveland has fans outside of Cleveland, and you probably have many more people vested in Cleveland sports than in the banana republic of Argentina.

Reaction Score
I don't agree with most of this thread, given what LeBron just did. But for the guy saying LeBron didn't flop this postseason:

Would've thought he got hit by a cannonball. I am sure he realized he was alright when he found out it wasn't Carrolls arm LOL

Reaction Score
Frank Ivy from the clouds with the fake tough guy post. He'd ___ his Depends if Ibrahimovic looked at him twice.

As far as I can tell, Lebron's not going to prison for tax fraud, which I suppose is something. And, incidentally, Messi whines constantly, I can't believe anyone would even say otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom