Leak: Maya is MVP | The Boneyard

Leak: Maya is MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Congratulations, Maya!
UConn, the Lynx and the WNBA could not ask for a better person and representative.
I find it fascinating that UConn's (and therefore the world's) best players, DT and Maya, continued to transform their bodies and game at the next level. Thoroughly different personalities similarly focused on greatness.

Reaction Score
Way to go Maya!!! Well done and well deserved!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This is just awesome. She played incredibly well all season and shattered records along the way. How great it is for us to be able to have the debate over who is the best in the world - Diana or Maya. Two transcendent players we were blessed to watch at UCONN for 4 years, and now to be able to think of them as part of our great UCONN family!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
It's official:

http://www.wnba.com/news/maya_wins_2014_mvp.html

http://espn.go.com/wnba/story/_/id/11385835/maya-moore-minnesota-lynx-wins-wnba-mvp-award

MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !!
MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !! MVP !!

:)

Well deserved.

#FearTheMayan

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
maya-mvp_140813.jpg

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
It is not just about performing at a high level, which she always does. It is not about exceeding all expectations and putting up ridiculous numbers this year with two injured starters (24 points, 8.1 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 1.9 steals).

It is about THIS (from the ESPN article that VAMike23 linked):
"Moore has never missed a game in her Lynx career, starting all 136 during the regular season and 24 in the playoffs."

Elite production + great performances + sustained excellence = MVP Maya Moore

HGN

Reaction Score
Its really Awesome when you think that the Top 3 scorers ppg for the season in WNBA history belong to UConn Huskies. DT's 25.3 ; 24.1 ; and MM's 23.9 this season.

Both League MVPs and Finals MVP's......When great talent meets a great coach , we often see this type of result.

Common Denominator............Geno Auriemma

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
CamrnCrz1974 said:
It is not just about performing at a high level, which she always does. It is not about exceeding all expectations and putting up ridiculous numbers this year with two injured starters (24 points, 8.1 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 1.9 steals).

It is about THIS (from the ESPN article that VAMike23 linked):
"Moore has never missed a game in her Lynx career, starting all 136 during the regular season and 24 in the playoffs."

Elite production + great performances + sustained excellence = MVP Maya Moore

As far as I can recall, Maya never missed a game in her UConn career either. That doesn't mean that she was never hurt. Most fans will remember the clobbering she took from Epiphanny Prince in one of those Big East conference games.

But she never missed a start and she never failed to play effectively.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
As far as I can recall, Maya never missed a game in her UConn career either. That doesn't mean that she was never hurt. Most fans will remember the clobbering she took from Epiphanny Prince in one of those Big East conference games.

Eerily similar of another #23, who--aside from the broken foot at the start of his pro career--was virtually indestructible on the court. He may have missed a game or two in his last go-round with the Wizards but with respect to his time in Chicago, he was as durable as they come.

Reaction Score

She took a bigger clobbering when she collided with Tiffany Hayes, with Hayes getting the worse end of the exchange.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Mike, although I would not be able to testify to it in a court of law, you pretty much predicted this at Clyde's prior to the first game of the season against the Mystics on May 16th.

Well, absent testifying, you could give him a cookie...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mike, although I would not be able to testify to it in a court of law, you pretty much predicted this at Clyde's prior to the first game of the season against the Mystics on May 16th.
I think I was in agreement too. We were in the Maya Moore Room at Clyde's. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom