LB Eli Thomas Hospitalized... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

LB Eli Thomas Hospitalized...

Reaction Score
I can't verify for sure, but I heard a frightening rumor from a reliable source tonight that the "injury" may have been a stroke.
Again, not verified...rumor...but from a pretty reliable source.

I really hope I'm wrong here.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The silence is pretty scary on this, but have to respect the kids right to privacy here. All we can do is hope and pray, if you are so inclined.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Yes, this is consistent with what I was told. And I was told it was rather severe with typical 1/2 body paralysis (left brain/right brain). I have no information on his recovery just yet.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Get well soon. I hope isn’t related to his recent neck injury?

Reaction Score
Fron Weekly Press Conference:

Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe 32 seconds ago
Edsall received word about Thomas while on a recruiting trip.

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 24 seconds ago
Randy Edsall cut his recruiting trip short last week to see Eli Thomas in the hospital.

Ed Daigneault @EdDaigneault 42 seconds ago
Omar Fortt wore Eli Thomas' No. 22 jersey in practice today. Santana Sterling will wear it in games going forward.

Jim Fuller @NHRJimFuller 1 minute ago
#UConn's Randy Edsall on the work on athletic trainers in situation with Eli Thomas: "They did an absolutely phenomenal job."

Patrick Eaton-Robb @peatonrobb 48 seconds ago
#UConn coach Randy Edsall praises the job his trainers did in responding to Eli Thomas' stroke, says the surgeon told them it was fastest anyone had recognized the problem and gotten someone to him.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Get well soon. I hope isn’t related to his recent neck injury?
To your point, I found this info on line

"Up to 25 percent of stroke under age 45 is caused by a dissecting blood vessel in the neck. This is a small tear in a big blood vessel that causes a clot to form and travel to the brain.”

Full article here Think You're Too Young for a Stroke? Think Again

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Definitely scary @ times for a healthcare professional to watch a progressing stroke - had to be very tough on his teammates to witness:

I watched my grandmother have two consecutive strokes. Can't imagine seeing a young guy experience this.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Wishing a speedy recovery to Eli and strength to his family as they work through this challenge. He will overcome.

Reaction Score
Fuller: UConn teammates stepping up to support linebacker Eli Thomas

>>“That thing that happened Wednesday was really terrifying and everybody on the defense that was out here at that time, when we saw that happen, that’s something that you never want to see out there in a 22-year-old,” said UConn sophomore linebacker Eddie Hahn, who wears the No. 6 uniform that Howard wore during his time with the Huskies. “This week we have a little extra motivation to honor one of our brothers. I know the linebackers have a lot of motivation to come out to really play for Eli, do everything we can to get a (win).

“I’m trying to do what Coach (Edsall) says, play every play like it’s the last play. It stinks that something has to happen to one of my brothers in Eli, somebody I’m really good friends with and close on the team. It definitely makes you feel grateful that you’re able to come out here every day, be able to live out some dream you’ve had since you were 5 or 6 years old.”<<

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Fron Weekly Press Conference:

Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe 32 seconds ago
Edsall received word about Thomas while on a recruiting trip.

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 24 seconds ago
Randy Edsall cut his recruiting trip short last week to see Eli Thomas in the hospital.

Ed Daigneault @EdDaigneault 42 seconds ago
Omar Fortt wore Eli Thomas' No. 22 jersey in practice today. Santana Sterling will wear it in games going forward.

Jim Fuller @NHRJimFuller 1 minute ago
#UConn's Randy Edsall on the work on athletic trainers in situation with Eli Thomas: "They did an absolutely phenomenal job."

Patrick Eaton-Robb @peatonrobb 48 seconds ago
#UConn coach Randy Edsall praises the job his trainers did in responding to Eli Thomas' stroke, says the surgeon told them it was fastest anyone had recognized the problem and gotten someone to him.

Early recognition in regards to strokes is so important, well done by the training staff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom