Lauren Cox: game results, recruiting news | The Boneyard

Lauren Cox: game results, recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
You know the message board talk that Lauren — a 6-foot-4 forward/center from Flower Mound, Texas — is a lock to pick Baylor? Or that there’s no way she’ll leave Texas?

“Baylor is an hour-and-a-half away and it’s a drive,” Dennis Cox said Wednesday. “Yeah, we’ve been to football games there. We’ve visited some schools that we can drive to. Don’t read anything to it. I don’t think (distance) is a priority for her. Lauren keeps pretty much to herself so I don’t know if she’s going to go near or far, east or west, north or south, or hot or cold.”

Right now, recruiting is on the back burner as Lauren Cox tries to lead the Flower Mound High volleyball team to a district title. The Lady Jags share first place with two matches to play before they head into the state playoffs.

But even with volleyball the recruiting process is moving slowly because, simply, she is no rush. Her college list remains lengthy at 20 schools.

“We talked late in the summer about trying to get some kind of list out of her,” Dennis Cox said. “We started out at 29 schools and 19 came to see her at her high school. We knew everyone could not make it and that was fine. We did no home visits.”

Dennis Cox did not divulge the list but did note, “There are a couple odd teams there but I think everyone can figure out most of who’s on it.”

UConn is one of the 20.

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/cox-taking-her-time-in-recruiting-process/

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Dennis Cox said that she’ll be in South Bend for the Jimmy V Classic when UConn takes on Notre Dame — Yes, the Irish are on her list — on Dec. 6. He did not rule out the possibility of an unofficial visit to UConn during the season.

“I have a calendar and I have UConn’s schedule,” Dennis Cox said. “We’re looking. But Lauren has games on Tuesdays and Fridays so we have to find an open date that they’re at home.”

The South Carolina game would be a great one to attend but it's a Monday night game and Lauren's HS plays the next night. Great work by Carl, btw. I'm sure the ND fans have no idea Lauren Cox plans to visit for the UConn game on Dec 6.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
"I don’t know if she’s going to go near or far, east or west, north or south, or hot or cold.”
“I have a calendar and I have UConn’s schedule,” Dennis Cox said. “We’re looking."

So much for the persistent "inside information" posted frequently on the Boneyard to the effect that Cox will not leave Texas. I guess sources did not include her dad, Dennis.

Now, inquiring minds want to know: Is she one of the players who wants to play for UConn or one who may go elsewhere to beat UConn? (Be sure to tell Dennis Cox when you find out.)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So much for the persistent "inside information" posted frequently on the Boneyard to the effect that Cox will not leave Texas. I guess sources did not include her dad, Dennis.

Now, inquiring minds want to know: Is she one of the players who wants to play for UConn or one who may go elsewhere to beat UConn? (Be sure to tell Dennis Cox when you find out.)
You know that's a good point, and clearly those of us who heard from the experts, or from folks with inside knowledge, maybe what her dad is saying is correct. But it's also possible that originally, she wanted to stay in Texas, but has decided she's open to travel further away. UCONN or ND would be terrific destinations for her - great schools with great hoops programs. Obviously if she leaves Texas, I hope it's to come to UCONN...

Reaction Score
You know that's a good point, and clearly those of us who heard from the experts, or from folks with inside knowledge, maybe what her dad is saying is correct. But it's also possible that originally, she wanted to stay in Texas, but has decided she's open to travel further away. UCONN or ND would be terrific destinations for her - great schools with great hoops programs. Obviously if she leaves Texas, I hope it's to come to UCONN...
Maybe she originally didn't want to leave Texas, but then she actually traveled outside the state and saw what it was like on the outside :D

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Maybe she originally didn't want to leave Texas, but then she actually traveled outside the state and saw what it was like on the outside :D

I moved back to Dallas from Denver about a year ago. Not sure I can stay...

Reaction Score
I moved back to Dallas from Denver about a year ago. Not sure I can stay...
I've lived in Denver (twice), and in Houston. Born & raised in OK, graduated from OU, etc. Good place to be from, but I wouldn't want to live there. Much of Texas is a step up, but....well... Austin is a nice oasis.

Reaction Score
I have always thought that Lauren Cox looks like a UT kind of girl, and now with the $10K stipend that UT
is going to doll out, no reason to look anywhere else.

Reaction Score
I have always thought that Lauren Cox looks like a UT kind of girl, and now with the $10K stipend that UT
is going to doll out, no reason to look anywhere else.
I would think winning championships and being mentored by the best coaching staff in the nation might be a reason to at least look at the basketball capital of the world!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Texas certainly has a lot to offer: great school, exciting city for the young crowd, a program on the rise, $10K a year. Heck, I'd go there! UT is about to be back in the top 5 for a while.

Reaction Score
Living in Austin, I would love to see her At Texas> I'm still hoping UConn is in the mix though.

Reaction Score
With Natalie Butler at center and Morgan at power forward, Lauren might not want to wait until her junior year to start. A big lineup of Natalie, Morgan and Lauren would clean the glass against any opponent.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
With Natalie Butler at center and Morgan at power forward, Lauren might not want to wait until her junior year to start. A big lineup of Natalie, Morgan and Lauren would clean the glass against any opponent.

No way Cox sits two years, I don't care who is on the roster of the team she ends up on.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No way Cox sits two years, I don't care who is on the roster of the team she ends up on.

What if the other two are both first team AAs?

(no idea if she plays wing, but Gabby Williams would have some say I'm sure).

Reaction Score

Which one is KLS coming off the bench to relieve?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Cox, KLS, Collier, Butler, Boykin, Irwin...we call that a logjam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom