Lauren Cox: game results, recruiting news | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lauren Cox: game results, recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
With Natalie Butler at center and Morgan at power forward, Lauren might not want to wait until her junior year to start. A big lineup of Natalie, Morgan and Lauren would clean the glass against any opponent.
Morgan is perfectly capable of playing the 3. It would be a female version of Phi Slamma Jamma.

Reaction Score
Denver and Dallas are both great cities.
Dallas metroplex is great also in terms of talent. I remember walking in a gym for a tournament and the girls side involved Sims, Moriah, Alexis Jones, and Tiffany Moore all there.

Reaction Score
Katie Lou would be the two and Kia the 1. That would leave a bench better than most teams.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Actually, I was thinking of Natalie, Stewie, Collier, Boykin, KLS, et al as Slamma and Jamma. (Assuming that Cox goes elsewhere, which I hope not.) A big, tough front line.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
An early season warning from Cox that she is special. Also, Geno should be camping outside her home on off days.

First game of her Junior season: 18 points, 22 rebounds, 7 blocks, 6 assists

Second game of her Junior season: 22 points, 18 rebounds, 6 blocks

Reaction Score
I have always thought that Lauren Cox looks like a UT kind of girl, and now with the $10K stipend that UT
is going to doll out, no reason to look anywhere else.
$5,000 of that has to go back to UT for books, fees, etc. But still, a $5000 check is like glue. Sooner or later NCAA will have to regulate that across all universities that so the NCAA has really done NOTHING constructive by allowing it. Somebody just SHOOT the NCAA rules committee. Or let some junior high team somewhere come up with some regulations. Good grief . . . . What will Alabama now offer? $20,000?

Reaction Score
Actually, I was thinking of Natalie, Stewie, Collier, Boykin, KLS, et al as Slamma and Jamma. (Assuming that Cox goes elsewhere, which I hope not.) A big, tough front line.
The lineup looks great, but I wouldn't leave Tuck out of any UCONN lineup.... small or big.

Reaction Score
$5,000 of that has to go back to UT for books, fees, etc. But still, a $5000 check is like glue. Sooner or later NCAA will have to regulate that across all universities that so the NCAA has really done NOTHING constructive by allowing it. Somebody just SHOOT the NCAA rules committee. Or let some junior high team somewhere come up with some regulations. Good grief . . . . What will Alabama now offer? $20,000?

I wonder how much one or more National Championships are worth to Ms Cox ?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/5 update:

Lauren Cox will take the floor for the Flower Mound (Texas) High girls basketball team Friday night as it opens district play at Plano East.
Saturday morning, the 6-foot-4 junior post player and top-ranked recruit in the Class of 2016 will head here to take in the UConn-Notre Dame game as part of an unofficial visit.

UConn coach Geno Auriemma made a trip to Texas to see Cox in action on Nov. 18 after the Huskies wrapped up their west-coast trip to Stanford. According to her father, Dennis, Cox plans to attend the UConn-SMU game at Moody Coliseum on Jan. 11.

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/notebook-uconn-nd-in-2015-jimmy-v-classic/

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Cox had 36 points and 16 rebounds tonight- she might be decent someday

She's also a terrific shot blocker, really good passer, and runs the floor like a gazelle. And she loves to outlet pass like Dolson.

Reaction Score
She's also a terrific shot blocker, really good passer, and runs the floor like a gazelle. And she loves to outlet pass like Dolson.

I don't think she runs the floor like a Gazelle. But she's a beast as a 4/5 that's for certain and a tremendous passer for her size.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Lauren will be at the ND vs UConn game today.

Reaction Score
I can't think of anyone her size I've seen run the floor better.

In the last 20+ years I can't think of anyone with the size that Shaq had that ran the floor better than he did in his prime though that didn't make him a gazelle.

Reaction Score
Well no, Shaq was like Tyranosaurus running the floor.

Shaq was both just as Cox could be. Comapre Shaq to other 300lb former palyers such as
Gheorghe Muresan, Dexter Pittman, Mengke Bateer, Yao Ming, Oliver Miller, Kevin Duckowrth

and he runs both like a TRex and a gazzelle vs these guys.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads