Lauren Cox: game results, recruiting news | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Lauren Cox: game results, recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No way Cox sits two years, I don't care who is on the roster of the team she ends up on.

I agree: no way Cox sits and no way KLS sits this year. Best starting roster right now: Mo, Kia, Bre, Morgan, and KLS. W/out Bre next year, look for Cox to start. Much as I like and appreciate Gabby, she has a very limited game. Soniya has proven invaluable as a sub. For this season expect Collier and DJ to come off the bench (after Chong). If Geno plays to keep playing up-tempo, Butler could hope to be the next Stokes, w/out the foot speed. Personally, I expect Collier to become a superstar before she leaves Storrs.

Reaction Score
I agree: no way Cox sits and no way KLS sits this year. Best starting roster right now: Mo, Kia, Bre, Morgan, and KLS. W/out Bre next year, look for Cox to start. Much as I like and appreciate Gabby, she has a very limited game. Soniya has proven invaluable as a sub. For this season expect Collier and DJ to come off the bench (after Chong). If Geno plays to keep playing up-tempo, Butler could hope to be the next Stokes, w/out the foot speed. Personally, I expect Collier to become a superstar before she leaves Storrs.
Its already said that Butler will start and I think that will be the best to keep more scoring coming off the bench

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You don't mean by the coaching staff, because that decision hasn't been made yet.
Slu, I don't understand what you saying. To determine the 5th starter the Boneyard conducted a scientific poll, certified the results with a reputable accounting firm, sealed and hand delivered the results to Geno & on the 15th of September we still don't know who the 5th starter is going to be? Where did we go wrong? Did Myers not deliver the results of the poll to Geno? :eek:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Slu, I don't understand what you saying. To determine the 5th starter the Boneyard conducted a scientific poll, certified the results with a reputable accounting firm, sealed and hand delivered the results to Geno & on the 15th of September we still don't know who the 5th starter is going to be? Where did we go wrong? Did Myers not deliver the results of the poll to Geno? :eek:

Ahem.

Meyers. ;)

(Sorry - I just couldn't resist.)

Reaction Score
I can't think of anyone her size I've seen run the floor better.

Stokes wasn't bad, and Lou is far smoother at this point than Cox. Check out the extended workout videos at Google of both Lou and Cox. Having seen Cox play, however, I think she's terrific. Her comment about the cold weather in Russia (compared to TX) recently made me wonder if Storrs is that appealing. Well, maybe nc's will compensate; you can always get a warm coat but not visit the WH every year.

Reaction Score

Polls aside, both Lou and Lauren will play from day one. Both are more than ready for college, and there's no better way to replace KML than with Lou. Kia, Mo, Bre, Tuck, and Lou=your starting five this season. Chong and Collier first off the bench. Hopefully Butler can become something like Stokes. Gabby and DJ are great reserves. Need to tell Geno.

Reaction Score
I thought Cox had eliminated South Carolina, perhaps related to her relationship with the coach in the FIBA games. I might be wrong on this.

BTW, somewhere back on Boneyard there was a mention of the Briahanna Jackson player who previously played up through 14 games of her sophomore year at Central Florida before being dismissed for what reason I'm uncertain. Maybe she quit. Regardless, there are strong rumors at Louisville she's enrolled at Louisville, yet, there's been no statement from Coach Walz. He has only one scholarship left available and that is being held up I would assume for Cox. If Cox does not come to Louisville, I'm suspect we'll then hear something on Jackson. She may walk on, rather shocking, but why would she be enrolled if she did not have intentions of playing either on scholarship or as a walk on? Nothing earth shattering, but she did get 28 against a UConn team, putting any player on the map for such an accomplishment.

Coach Walz was in the home of Lauren Cox last weekend and she is due on the Louisville campus the weekend of September 25th, with two other visits scheduled elsewhere after the Louisville visit is the information we're getting.

We're awfully excited about Tylee Shook, the 6'5" lady from Colorado Springs. I think she has a rating in the low 40s from one of the rankings, but from videos we've seen I cannot imagine there's anything close to that many high schoolers better than her in the 2016 class. Coach Walz is slowly building up our talent level. Shook or Cox could be the remaining spot he needs to go with all the guard and wing talent on the upcoming teams. Of course we all dream of being UConn someday. Maybe, but in my opinion no one will keep Stewart from getting the title in her senior year and I'm not sure if anyone will ever catch UConn as long as Aurieamma is there. If I spelled his name right, it was an accident.

You guys are great fans. I sneak over onto Boneyard to the women's board quite often.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Polls aside, both Lou and Lauren will play from day one. Both are more than ready for college, and there's no better way to replace KML than with Lou. Kia, Mo, Bre, Tuck, and Lou=your starting five this season. Chong and Collier first off the bench. Hopefully Butler can become something like Stokes. Gabby and DJ are great reserves. Need to tell Geno.

Okay I bit. Welcome newbie. Some of that fine stuff you're smoking or snorting... save it for the day after you find your confident prediction is wrong. BTW, you have a starting 6 - loving Lou too much I think.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Stokes wasn't bad, and Lou is far smoother at this point than Cox. Check out the extended workout videos at Google of both Lou and Cox. Having seen Cox play, however, I think she's terrific. Her comment about the cold weather in Russia (compared to TX) recently made me wonder if Storrs is that appealing. Well, maybe nc's will compensate; you can always get a warm coat but not visit the WH every year.

Wow took us a whole spring and summer to muster the courage to "suggest" to Geno who the starters should be and you are just gonna jump in and "tell" Geno- good luck with that! Can you provide a link to this Cox comment about cold weather. It has been aluded to here before but we have her father saying the opposite. that he did not know if cold/weather would be a factor in Lauren's decision .

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Wow took us a whole spring and summer to muster the courage to "suggest" to Geno who the starters should be and you are just gonna jump in and "tell" Geno- good luck with that! Can you provide a link to this Cox comment about cold weather. It has been aluded to here before but we have her father saying the opposite. that he did not know if cold/weather would be a factor in Lauren's decision .

Not a direct quote but mentioned in this ESPNW article - "Cox isn't thrilled about the temperature drop she would experience going from Texas to the Moscow region for the U19 tournament this summer, but the chance to be surrounded by great coaches and great players, plus to keep herself in the mix for a potential spot on the Olympic team down the line, was too good to pass up."

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

The belief persists that cold weather, especially in Storrs, is a major deterrent for Cox to leave Texas. I categorize this as yet another message board legend, like most "leans" we read about that eventually become debunked on or before signing day.

Reaction Score
No worries........Stay calm and time will work everything out..........Father Geno has control of this team........

Reaction Score
Okay I bit. Welcome newbie. Some of that fine stuff you're smoking or snorting... save it for the day after you find your confident prediction is wrong. BTW, you have a starting 6 - loving Lou too much I think.
There was a period after the first Lou so the poster had it right. I did a doubletake as well.

Reaction Score
I've lived in Denver (twice), and in Houston. Born & raised in OK, graduated from OU, etc. Good place to be from, but I wouldn't want to live there. Much of Texas is a step up, but....well... Austin is a nice oasis.

Lived in Yukon OKla right off Mustang and Rt 66--loved it, loved the people. Spent lots of time in Big D and FW--same is true there. Austin with the Hookem Horns is a great place. Texas and Okla have place in them I wouldn't live (midland) as there are in NJ,Cal, NY, CT, Ark, La, Fla and 42 more states. Utah, Tx, Okla have very nice people for neighbors. Cox may be impressed with some travel, but Texans get to see it all.
Denver is ok, spent a lot of time on Rt 25 and in Boulder--the new Airport fixes a lot of problems.

Reaction Score
The belief persists that cold weather, especially in Storrs, is a major deterrent for Cox to leave Texas. I categorize this as yet another message board legend, like most "leans" we read about that eventually become debunked on or before signing day.

Have you sat out a winter in Texas? Fort Worth had its water mains burst because of freezing. With a tiny bit of snow and the winds across the open plains--it's bone chilling. Driving from OKLA past Amarillo (Tx) I had to drive my pickup in "crab" fashion the wind was blowing me sideways so my front wheels went right and my rear went left and I stayed straight on rt 40. Spent time in Houston and Galveston but no winters there. Shreveport La was milder in the winter--

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Hey, isn't this a place to float opinions--or is there a handbook I need to read before offering one? I've been watching the Huskies from the time of Geno's advent; I can't get enough of them. As for making suggestions to the coach: that was a joke, bro. The cold weather comment I read; where I don't remember, but I certainly didn't make it up. If it's a problem for Lauren, I'll buy her the winter coat of her choice. Anything for the blue.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Hey, isn't this a place to float opinions--or is there a handbook I need to read before offering one? I've been watching the Huskies from the time of Geno's advent; I can't get enough of them. As for making suggestions to the coach: that was a joke, bro. The cold weather comment I read; where I don't remember, but I certainly didn't make it up. If it's a problem for Lauren, I'll buy her the winter coat of her choice. Anything for the blue.

There is no handbook, but given the Boneyard's love of grammar, I would keep a copy of Strunk & White nearby at all times. ;)

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

I agree. I think people are giving it too much thought. Weather/climate may be a small factor but I don't think it'll be any kind of determining factor. Cox is going to go wherever she feels she has the best opportunity to develop and be coached up. I think UCONN and Notre Dame (especially ND) has as good a shot as any of her other finalists, no other schools (besides Tennessee) can match the pedigree of those two.

I obviously wish SC was still a finalist for Cox, but we're still in it for McCoy so hopefully that one falls in our favor.

Reaction Score
I will appreciate if someone can write about Cox's visit to Louisville, Tennessee, and ND.
Thanks in advance.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Her parents really enjoyed the Tennessee visit, and we very complimentary of the coaching staff and atmosphere on campus. Their comments on the facilities were very gracious.

That being said, I'm sure the same was said about the previous schools while visiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom