Last Dance | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Last Dance

Reaction Score
Pretty sizable segment dedicated to Jordan and Burrell. Don’t know that Burrell came out smelling like a rose. Jordan looked like an alpha and Burrell looked soft.

Reaction Score
Pretty sizable segment dedicated to Jordan and Burrell. Don’t know that Burrell came out smelling like a rose. Jordan looked like an alpha and Burrell looked soft.

Agreed. Being called a "really nice guy by Jordan" is pretty much an insult. Long way of calling one of the best athletes I have ever known "soft".

Reaction Score
Sure it's a puff piece but tonight's two episodes were absolutely amazing. So entertaining. Hearing the audio from the famous Father's Day locker room scene was uncomfortable yet humanizing.

Reaction Score
I love the swearing in this, sad that next Sunday is the last of this documentary. There has to be a behind the scenes episode or something to pass the time in quarantine.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Being called a "really nice guy by Jordan" is pretty much an insult. Long way of calling one of the best athletes I have ever known "soft".
He was calling him a ho the whole time. Funny but brutal, Jordan is so differently wired than anyone I've ever seen. We'll never see another like him. This was just awesome...

Vendetta Media on Twitter: "The best part of the Doc is watching MJ laugh at Gary Payton #LastDance https://post original url/vAFo90Aken" / Twitter

Reaction Score
Great series. Pretty interesting where Tito was talking about the fact that Jordan would have found a way to make it to the Majors if he had 1500 at bats. Talked about the fact that he hit over .200 and had more than 50 RBI, which is more than many prospects have. He started working on hitting the curve ball when that was all the pitchers starting throwing him. That is a demonstration of deliberate practice which is never fun but necessary to improve. He endured bloody hands and developed a second skin since he worked so hard.

Reaction Score
He was calling him a ho the whole time. Funny but brutal, Jordan is so differently wired than anyone I've ever seen. We'll never see another like him. This was just awesome...

Vendetta Media on Twitter: "The best part of the Doc is watching MJ laugh at Gary Payton #LastDance https://post original url/vAFo90Aken" / Twitter

This part was telling as well as the fact that he wanted to beat George Karl so bad since Karl had ignored him at dinner. Jordan would use any edge that he could and manufactured the edge if it wasn't there. A very unique individual.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This part was telling as well as the fact that he wanted to beat George Karl so bad since Karl had ignored him at dinner. Jordan would use any edge that he could and manufactured the edge if it wasn't there. A very unique individual.

Admitting he made up a story about LaBradford Smith after the first game of a back to back is all you need to know about how he is wired. He would make up stories and slights against him to stay motivated and to build his aura around his teammates.

On a side note, got a kick out of the LaBradford Smith story. Smith was a huge, big time athlete and powerful shooting guard coming out of Texas and everyone wanted him. Ended up going to Louisville but never fully made transition from powerful athlete to smooth ball player. He was Rodney Purvis 25 years before Rodney Purvis.

OldBosd

BBQ Beer Freedom!!!
Reaction Score
Admitting he made up a story about LaBradford Smith after the first game of a back to back is all you need to know about how he is wired. He would make up stories and slights against him to stay motivated and to build his aura around his teammates.

On a side note, got a kick out of the LaBradford Smith story. Smith was a huge, big time athlete and powerful shooting guard coming out of Texas and everyone wanted him. Ended up going to Louisville but never fully made transition from powerful athlete to smooth ball player. He was Rodney Purvis 25 years before Rodney Purvis.

I had heard a part II to the LaBradford Smith story.

Apparently, Jordan said he would get 37 in the first half but only got 36 & told a LaBradford Smith teammate from UNC to tell LaBradford that he still "owed him"

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Uconn everywhere tonight. Burrell, Emt, and a Uconn women’s shout out from MJ.

The UConn women's shoutout wasn't said as a compliment. It was said meaning men's team hadn't accomplished jack yet.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
The UConn women's shoutout wasn't said as a compliment. It was said meaning men's team hadn't accomplished jack yet.
Yes, I surmised that much. A mention is a mention. Whatever.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
MJ just couldn't get in his head, he went through 4 years of Calhoun. At that point in his career Burrell knew what he was signing up for.

I think Burrell got a square hand shake. He certainly had plenty of on air time to show his perspective and attitude.

Overall takeaway from me was Jordan had plenty of journeymen NBA players filling out roster spots during his time on the Bulls. Jordan was going to make sure he knew the mettle of each of those players and wanted a certain level of confidence of how they will handle the stress of playing alongside MJ.

They wrapped up showing Burrell with the big playoff game to wrap up the Nets series. Fair enough.

Reaction Score
I think Burrell got a square hand shake. He certainly had plenty of on air time to show his perspective and attitude.

Overall takeaway from me was Jordan had plenty of journeymen NBA players filling out roster spots during his time on the Bulls. Jordan was going to make sure he knew the mettle of each of those players and wanted a certain level of confidence of how they will handle the stress of playing alongside MJ.

They wrapped up showing Burrell with the big playoff game to wrap up the Nets series. Fair enough.
The Director discussed it in better detail on Jalen & Jacoby. He said Scott was literally the first teammate Jordan offered in discussion and how the two play golf every summer.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

but he knew it at least.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
He sure did. He also mentioned Nykesha Sales in the first week. He didn't like her last points at UConn.

MJ is brillant as a player, other things not so ......

Reaction Score
I think you guys are being a little too sensitive about this. I think he just made the UConn Women comment to dig at Burrell, nothing more than that.

Reaction Score
I think Burrell was treated fairly...he got to explain the video a bit. Jordan was clearly hard in him, but he was hard on everybody.

More importantly, watching Pippen refuse to go on the floor at the end of game 3 against the Knicks in '94 still drives me crazy. What a whiny b***h. 26 years have gone by and my entire memory of him is tarnished by that assholery.

OldBosd

BBQ Beer Freedom!!!
Reaction Score
I think Burrell was treated fairly...he got to explain the video a bit. Jordan was clearly hard in him, but he was hard on everybody.

More importantly, watching Pippen refuse to go on the floor at the end of game 3 against the Knicks in '94 still drives me crazy. What a whiny b***h. 26 years have gone by and my entire memory of him is tarnished by that assholery.

Phil Jackson is a great coach and his intuition proved correct. Kukoc got a great shot off and nailed it.

Reaction Score
Phil Jackson is a great coach and his intuition proved correct. Kukoc got a great shot off and nailed it.

I remember watching unfold on TV. I'm a Knick fan so I hated it, but I remember being so shocked at Pippen's pouting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom