Larrier | The Boneyard

Larrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Is the season over without him?

Knock on wood, but they said it was a sprain...

Frankly I think it's over either way. Just terrible team we have. Young players and older guys who never developed, and the parts don't seem to fit. Hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel, for this season.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
We looked like with him, so who knows. Season is going to be a long one either way, no scoring talent.

Reaction Score
The initial diagnosis is always as a sprain until an MRI can confirm if it's torn or not.

When a team is a sloppy unfocused mess, injuries are more common. No coincidence that our sloppiest team in years is being decimated.

Reaction Score
Guys a sprain by definition is a tear in a ligament. It usually graded from I to III. IF he sprained the Anterior Cruciate ligament he is done for the year and needs surgery. Best case scenario is a Grade I sprain of his MCL - Medial Collateral ligament.

Reaction Score
I do not wish for terry to be hurt but I've watched a good portion of the games so far and all he does is shoot long 2's and doesn't box out on boards. He wasn't saving this season. It seemed like the offense had no movement when he was in compared to purvis who at least was attempting to drive to score or kick in the first half.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
An FYI: during my sports medicine fellowship I worked with an NFL team. The team doc told us"remember, every injury, as far as the media is concerned, is a sprain until the team wants to make an announcement." Because you may think you know, but the MRI and X-rays may tell you something else.

Besides which, an MCL sprain is a minor sprain, but an ACL tear is also a sprain, that is, a torn ligament.

Reaction Score
This team is ravaged by injury.

Mamadou
Durham--shell of his former self.
Alterique
Larrier

That's 4/11 players.

Let's just call it a rebuild.

Reaction Score
I do not wish for terry to be hurt but I've watched a good portion of the games so far and all he does is shoot long 2's and doesn't box out on boards. He wasn't saving this season. It seemed like the offense had no movement when he was in compared to purvis who at least was attempting to drive to score or kick in the first half.
Don't give up your day job...basketball analysis isn't your future. Larrier is the most talented player we have. Love Purvis but his head down drives to the rim with a miss gets old. He's played markedly better tonight but have you watched other games this year?

Reaction Score
well that's just hyperbole. the verdict is still out on that one.

He is not ready for this level. That is why he is not playing. He looks scared to play tough so far. It's all mental with him; I've seen him play before

Reaction Score
The initial diagnosis is always as a sprain until an MRI can confirm if it's torn or not.

When a team is a sloppy unfocused mess, injuries are more common. No coincidence that our sloppiest team in years is being decimated.

The 2 injuries had nothing to do with the play. Alterique's injury was freaky and Larrier was on a break.

Reaction Score
He is not ready for this level. That is why he is not playing. He looks scared to play tough so far. It's all mental with him; I've seen him play before
And just when I say that he gets a bird and drains a 3 :p

Reaction Score
Twitter world is saying during the post-game exchange between Ollie/Underwood that Underwood asked about Terry and Ollie mouthed "Think he might have tore his ACL."

Would obviously be a huge blow and tough for Terry who seemed destined for the league after this season.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Those non-contact what-the-hell-happened knee injuries are never good.

Ollie said it swelled up pretty good which is not a good sign.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
If it's a tear, he should be able to get a medical redshirt.

Reaction Score
We've been fairly fortunate with injuries over the years, the basketball gods are taking it all out on us now.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I truly feel bad for Larrier if the rumors of an ACL are true. After sitting out last season, to only get in a little over 3 games this season it must be really rough on him. Maybe he can lean on Durham for some advice in dealing with the ACL.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
did it ever begin?

you might be on to something, let's just pretend this is a dream (urrrr, nightmare)

and follow the yellow brick road

Reaction Score
I have a feeling this year will go down fondly in Uconn lore. A scrappy, injured, beaten down team will overachieve and lay the foundation for the next few years of typical Uconn greatness.

FYI, I'm drunk and usually incredibly pessimistic when full of Old No 7 after a loss...so my optimism has to be real...right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom