Larrier | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Larrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I truly feel bad for Larrier if the rumors of an ACL are true. After sitting out last season, to only get in a little over 3 games this season it must be really rough on him. Maybe he can lean on Durham for some advice in dealing with the ACL.
This was going to be his breakout year...you could see the passion and drive every minute. He was very vocal during the preseason and how much he couldnt wait to play. If this is a season ending injury, who knows what it could do to his spirit and mentality. Praying that all these posts are wrong for Terrys sake

Reaction Score
Those non-contact what-the-hell-happened knee injuries are never good.

Ollie said it swelled up pretty good which is not a good sign.

The unforgetable pop, the immediate throw to the floor pain and followon beach ball swelling...ACL.

More than likely had an unstable warning on a previous play too...ouch.

Reaction Score
The unforgetable pop, the immediate throw to the floor pain and followon beach ball swelling...ACL.

More than likely had an unstable warning on a previous play too...ouch.
Did he hear the pop? Experienced it myself. Will never forget that sound and the immediate realization of what it meant!

Reaction Score
Don't give up your day job...basketball analysis isn't your future. Larrier is the most talented player we have. Love Purvis but his head down drives to the rim with a miss gets old. He's played markedly better tonight but have you watched other games this year?

It was a fair statement based on 3.5 games. Larriers defense needs to improve as does shot selection. Sweet stoke, yes.

Reaction Score
Did he hear the pop? Experienced it myself. Will never forget that sound and the immediate realization of what it meant!

Sorry, I was just reminiscing... I have no idea if he heard the pop...my bad..and I hope its not an ACL...I can only say it looked like the signature reaction.

I would bet that watching a game replay, you will see a reaction on a previous play that contributed to that innocent drive to the hoop....guess we'll see what he says.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I do not wish for terry to be hurt but I've watched a good portion of the games so far and all he does is shoot long 2's and doesn't box out on boards. He wasn't saving this season. It seemed like the offense had no movement when he was in compared to purvis who at least was attempting to drive to score or kick in the first half.

Nice comment after an injury. I don't think it is true but I know it is bad timing. But, at least, you don't wish him to be hurt.

Reaction Score
I do not wish for terry to be hurt but I've watched a good portion of the games so far and all he does is shoot long 2's and doesn't box out on boards. He wasn't saving this season. It seemed like the offense had no movement when he was in compared to purvis who at least was attempting to drive to score or kick in the first half.

Kid was shooting nearly 60% from the field and averaging 7 boards. All after not playing bball for a year.

If that's bad shot selection and not boxing out I'll take it.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
If he is able to return this season, this scare guarantees he leaves for the NBA at season end.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Zags with a pointless tweet -- provides no info outside of what we already know. Have to await the MRI.

Reaction Score
Is the season over without him?
It's over even with him. Not on the players but entirely on Ollie. Will they ever be able to defend the perimeter? I'm sorry but he has been outcoached in all 4 games this year. Not even debatable. OK State dictated the entire game last night. Ollie went with the bigger lineup in the beginning until we were getting blown out and then he finally made some changes. However, this team has no identity whatsoever. We're not guard oriented, we're not a physical team, we're not a strong defensive team, we're not a great outside shooting team...so what are we? Until Ollie figures that out and plays to our strengths(?), then it's going to continue to be ugly for the rest of the year. Maybe Hobbs was onto something when he left UConn to go to pathetic Rutgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom