Larrier update?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Larrier update??

Reaction Score
If he hasn’t been practicing it’s almost academic if he plays - he hasn’t played a lot the last few years and it shows.
Hopefully, if a guy doesn’t practice he also doesn’t get rewarded by playing.
I expect a lot of casual fan responses to this post - I am ready.

Look Chief, as a casual fan I have to say, just when I thought you couldn't say anything dumber you go and say "hopefully if a guy doesn't practice he also doesn't get rewarded by playing" and you totally redeemed yourself.

It's common sense across every sport. That's why I'm betting the Jags heavy this week. As Brady didn't practice Thursday and Belichick is arguably the great coach ever the guy knows enough to follow the Chief rule and will keep him benched. Not healthy enough to practice but when it comes time for games, those things that actually count, you want to play? Tough luck, have a seat.

Reaction Score
Chief, we have 3 players who can score the ball and he is one of them. Tom Brady isn't practicing this week, so he should sit?

Jibsey you genius I should have read the rest of the posts before writing, rook mistake.

C

Chief00

Look Chief, as a casual fan I have to say, just when I thought you couldn't say anything dumber you go and say "hopefully if a guy doesn't practice he also doesn't get rewarded by playing" and you totally redeemed yourself.

It's common sense across every sport. That's why I'm betting the Jags heavy this week. As Brady didn't practice Thursday and Belichick is arguably the great coach ever the guy knows enough to follow the Chief rule and will keep him benched. Not healthy enough to practice but when it comes time for games, those things that actually count, you want to play? Tough luck, have a seat.
Chief appreciates the feedback - I always welcome casual fan input. Thank You!

Reaction Score
Back in Chief's day, you kept playing through skull fractures. It was what real men did!

Just-a-Flesh-Wound-Gif-In-Monty-Python-and-the-Holy-Grail-_408x408.jpg

Reaction Score
Perhaps start AA for defense so no stupid early fouls. Play 2 guards to have one semi rested. Tell Vital to play controlled smart basketball.

Instruct Jalen to limit his turnovers and funky shot selection.

Tell bigs to rebound, rebound and rebound.

If we do that, even without Larrier, then we have a great chance of

..................... .. keeping the deficit within 25 points.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Perhaps start AA for defense so no stupid early fouls. Play 2 guards to have one semi rested. Tell Vital to play controlled smart basketball.

Instruct Jalen to limit his turnovers and funky shot selection.

Tell bigs to rebound, rebound and rebound.

If we do that, even without Larrier, then we have a great chance of

...... .. keeping the deficit within 25 points.

You! Strawberry! Hit a home run!

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
This is inveitably going to end with an Allen Iverson reference from somebody

C

Chief00

Just for the record Brady practiced today. Puttting Larrier in TB12’s position is a non starter too - he hasn’t played much the last 3 years. TB12,is dedicated to practice and loves it. He prepares himself for game day and is laser focus when the game begins. Something for Terry to strive for.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
If he hasn’t been practicing it’s almost academic if he plays - he hasn’t played a lot the last few years and it shows.
Hopefully, if a guy doesn’t practice he also doesn’t get rewarded by playing.
I expect a lot of casual fan responses to this post - I am ready.

I disagree Chief.

1) Even without practicing, he's better than anyone else taking his minutes
2) it's not like he's been out an extended period of time
3) it's nothing about "reward" or punishment
4) the program needs to compete the best it can

Reaction Score
I always defend our boys. But I don’t think terry wants to expose his shortcomings against this group of guys. It would show very fast. Mainly because he would be so relied upon to perform.
I’m sure TL wants to play but if the headaches are debilitating and the medical staff advises against it he should sit without us questioning his motives. Terry may not have lived up to our expectations yet but I believe he cares about his team and teammates and wants to be out there.

Reaction Score
Not a real update, but something.

Someday a millennial will teach me how to properly link to a tweet.

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein

·
47m

UConn's Terry Larrier (headaches) will be a game-time decision for today's game against Villanova, per a school spokesman.

C

Chief00

I disagree Chief.

1) Even without practicing, he's better than anyone else taking his minutes
2) it's not like he's been out an extended period of time
3) it's nothing about "reward" or punishment
4) the program needs to compete the best it can

I hear you and understand the impulse. I am thinking beyond this game and setting expectations for the players - that’s just my opinion and I respect yours

Reaction Score
Not a real update, but something.

Someday a millennial will teach me how to properly link to a tweet.

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein

·
47m

UConn's Terry Larrier (headaches) will be a game-time decision for today's game against Villanova, per a school spokesman.

All you have to do is copy the url/ link and paste that url into the reply and it will automatically post the tweet

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom