Larrier Status | The Boneyard

Larrier Status

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
They could sure use him, if they’re going to try to play to their capability consistently.

C

Chief00

I hope this game time decision narrative is just for the purpose of throwing the other team off. If it truly is a game time decision for a player who has maybe played a quarter of the games the last three years it will display all the rust the opponents hope for.

Ok I will channel the inner Chief:
- A “game time decision” for a team player is made by commitment in practice. The decision is made by a mental laser focus on the game and game prep.
- A selfish player makes a “game time decision” right before a game so he can get some limelight and jack up shots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Yea but has he been practicing? If not, I don't know...

What difference will it make?

I hope this game time decision narrative is just for the purpose of throwing the other team off. If it truly is a game time decision for a player who has maybe played a quarter of the games the last three years it will display all the rust the opponents hope for.

- A “game time decision” for a team player is made by commitment in practice. The decision is made by a mental laser focus on the game and game prep.
- A selfish player makes a “game time decision” right before a game so he can get some limelight and jack up shots.
And right on cue...

Reaction Score

I think you should have someone explain to you what this expression means.

While you're at it, have them explain what "game time decision" means. It's pretty literal.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Cmon man. Busted cliches is classic Chief.

Chief just gonna chief ya dig.

Reaction Score
Those (idiots) who claimed this team was better without Larrier (calling him UConn's Carmello) after the SMU win had a wake up call after the Temple game.

Glad he's back, we need him.
I can always fit some crow in my mouth unlike vast majority of talking heads on this board. But again my thoughts were about more than just shooting. Everyone here also begged for Polley to get minutes. Well? Either way seems like a catch 22. If TL can stand still but move without the ball and play defense and rebound we are good. If he dribbles at all. We will be around 18+ turnovers

C

Chief00

I think you should have someone explain to you what this expression means.

While you're at it, have them explain what "game time decision" means. It's pretty literal.

Quite frankly, my point is Larrier doesn’t have the baseline experience and tight game to do the game time decision thing. He can be a turnover machine and his shot selection implies he doesn’t let the game come to him. So he’s not a Kemba or Bazz coming off an injury. He doesn’t have that switch that he can effectively turn on at a moments notice and he can’t let the game come to him while getting teammates involved.
Chief Certified Rating

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I couldn't care less if he spent the past week vacationing in the Maldives or Seychelles lifting nothing but coconuts. We need him to play, judging by the woeful performance in Philly. A half Larrier is better than anything we saw on the court vs. Temple.

pj

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, my point is Larrier doesn’t have the baseline experience and tight game to do the game time decision thing. He can be a turnover machine and his shot selection implies he doesn’t let the game come to him. So he’s not a Kemba or Bazz coming off an injury. He doesn’t have that switch that he can effectively turn on at a moments notice and he can’t let the game come to him while getting teammates involved.
Chief Certified Rating

Well, if he doesn't play, he'll be replaced by Polley who is no better and maybe quite a bit worse. Kemba or Bazz ain't coming off that bench.

Reaction Score
Chief Certified Rating
I think Larrier, while a horrible ball handler, is playing outside his comfort zone due to him coming back from his injury. His game should be predicated on receiving a pass, taking one or two dribbles and exploding to the basket. It looks as if he doesn't have the knee strength to get to the rim and elevate or even post up guys smaller than him.

I think we're asking a bit too much for a 6'8" guy to have a guards handle. KO should be using him like he uses Whaley and the points will come without the turnovers.

Just my 2¢.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Those (idiots) who claimed this team was better without Larrier (calling him UConn's Carmello) after the SMU win had a wake up call after the Temple game.

Glad he's back, we need him.

The abject stupidity of that was amazing.

Carmelo single-handedly won a title for Boeheim. Boeheim!

Is being called UConn’s Carmelo supposed to be an insult?

Reaction Score
Season not over till it's over. Ollie and the players aren't going to roll over and die and the fans shouldn't either. All it takes is getting hot at the right time.
Season is toast. II just hope they find some success finding their own groove and through game maturity, because the dolt on the bench isn't helping with his directionless, undisciplined offense.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
UConn could use another shooter as we saw the past game with Temple.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom