Larrier reminds me of Stanley Robinson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Larrier reminds me of Stanley Robinson

Reaction Score
Hey, that's two more than "Johnnie Time" Selvie ever recorded during his UConn career. I blame Johnnie for the current state of affairs with the BB program. :rolleyes:
Thought it was all Dysons fault.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Thought it was all Dysons fault.

Nah, it's all on Johnnie. Everything bad that's happened in modern society is Johnnie's fault...global warming, federal budget deficit, Conn. budget deficit, terrorism, wars, famine, pestilence...all Johnnie's fault. ;)

Reaction Score
I’d say DHamilton without the basketball savvy and instincts. Maybe he’ll average a triple double in the GLeague and never sniff an NBA roster too.
Daniel Hamilton is an NBA player currently lol

Reaction Score
Well I was saying 3 years ago what everyone is now saying about Ollie, so my evaluation skills cant be that bad.

I'm not comparing them as players in terms of skill set. I'm comparing them in terms of lack of consistency and defined roles. I didn't expect 20 and 10 from Brimah every game. But Ollie has never been able to set a foundation for his players to build on. Every one of our player has been so up and down. Look at Vital. 30 pts one game and three total duds. Adams looks like a stud All-American for 5 or 10 min a game (sometimes full games) and then disappears for long stretches. Same with Purvis. Same with Gibbs. Same with Shonn Miller. Same with D-Ham.

We literally never know what to expect from any of our players every game. It's not like we can count on so and so to give us 6 rebounds and strong defense every game, or this guy to give us a spark off the bench. Its all a big mystery of who is going to show up and when., And its been going on for years.

Edit: yeah he did a great job with those guys...for 6 games. people forget the rest of that season. Also those guys were developed by JC (and Ollie) for the beginning of their careers, which cant be ignored. Which type of play has been more prevalent? The 2014 tourney run? Or the last 100 games hes coached?

Wow! Well said. It’s clear for everyone to see.

C

Chief00

Stanley did great once Dyson went down. AJ treated him with respect and kindness.

Reaction Score
Terry Larrier is the perfect embodiment of a Kevin Ollie player.

Talented, but maddeningly inconsistent; can look great and can look god awful, sometimes for a few plays, sometimes for long stretches, sometimes for multiple games. Doesn't really know how to utilize his skill set in an effective and efficient way. Often displays lack of consistent effort and makes silly mental mistakes. But then shows flashes of brilliance that gives you hope...which ultimately never materializes.

You could say he reminds you of Rodney Purvis...Or Daniel Hamilton...Or Amida Brimah.....or basically most guys that have played here the last few years.

Most of our pros all had years of inconsistency. Our memories don’t hold onto to those years as well. Remember Gentle Ben, Kemba before his junior year, Bazz’s sophmore year scissors legs shooting, etc. From what I recall Ray and Mek were the only real consistent players pretty much from day one. Maybe Rip but I don’t recall his frost year. Ray was ten years into JC coaching. Also consider that Bazz’s consistent year came under KO. I’m not a huge KO supporter but not sure this is fair either.

Reaction Score
Stanley underrated we can only hope Terry becomes Sticks. 14 rebounds against a team of 6'4-6'5 guys only tells me maybe he's starting to get it, he needs to rebound to help this team. But need to see against the Cuse to see if he can load like Stanley. Sticks averaged 7.6 his senior year and was a ton of a better defender, as in not close. How many times can yo get beat back door? LOL

Reaction Score
Terry Larrier is the perfect embodiment of a Kevin Ollie player.

Talented, but maddeningly inconsistent; can look great and can look god awful, sometimes for a few plays, sometimes for long stretches, sometimes for multiple games. Doesn't really know how to utilize his skill set in an effective and efficient way. Often displays lack of consistent effort and makes silly mental mistakes. But then shows flashes of brilliance that gives you hope...which ultimately never materializes.

You could say he reminds you of Rodney Purvis...Or Daniel Hamilton...Or Amida Brimah.....or basically most guys that have played here the last few years.
this x1000
You just described 95% of all college players.

C

Chief00

Larrier isn’t the explosive leaper Stanley was but has better shooting form. Now he needs to turn that form into a consistent shot.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
And Sticks played 4 seasons, Larrier has played about 11 games

Does anyone even remember Larrier is recovering from a torn ACL? Too many "fans" need a reality check, something's not right with their anger towards this kid or this team

Can't wait for their "just another excuse" responses, because recovering from a torn ACL is evidently irrelevant in their self described brilliant and informed analysis

Recovering from an ACL doesn't mean you take fall away long 2's... recovering from an ACL doesn't change your basketball IQ, if anything it should improve it because you watch a ton of film.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
and some people have said posters who still support this team are spinning things

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom