Larrier NBA Mock Draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Larrier NBA Mock Draft

Reaction Score
So you're one of those guys no championships equals failure. He won a lot of games in his two years at UConn for starters including 4 NCAAT games. I believe he scored 20 points and played well against George Mason so you can't put that loss on him. How many national championships did Donyell, Ray and Caron win in 8 collegiate seasons combined? Rudy's finally on a good NBA team let's see how it goes but regardless he's had a very successful pro career.
Rudy’s career at Uconn is not really comparable to Donyell or Butler sorry....

Reaction Score
Stats are great, what did he win at Uconn & in the NBA?

Having 12 years worth of an nba career and never being paid the veterans minimum is definitely winning.

Last edited:
Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Rudy’s career at Uconn is not really comparable to Donyell or Butler sorry....

Rudy was a second team AA as a sophmore, played in E8 and was a lottery pick. Butler was HM AA as a sophomore, played in E8 and was a lottery pick. Donyell did none of those things as a sophmore. I think your still butt hurt that the 06 team lost to George Mason and are taking it out on Rudy. Let it go.

Reaction Score
Rudy was a second team AA as a sophmore, played in E8 and was a lottery pick. Butler was HM AA as a sophomore, played in E8 and was a lottery pick. Donyell did none of those things as a sophmore. I think your still butt hurt that the 06 team lost to George Mason and are taking it out on Rudy. Let it go.
I love Rudy but come on, nobody in their right mind thinks he had the Uconn career of Donyell, Butler or Allen. It's not an indictment on Rudy it's just reality.

Reaction Score
We are now comparing Ray Allen’s NBA career to Rudy Gay’s?

I am rooting for Rudy Gay I just believe his talent & skill set would’ve equaled a lot more, not that he’s had a bad career by any means, I just personally thought he would’ve made more noise.

I'm comparing the stupid winning statement you had made, yes.

Reaction Score
I'm comparing the stupid winning statement you had made, yes.
It’s okay for me to think that Rudy didn’t fulfill his max potential. I thought he was going to be better than his career shows. As far as winning, he really hasn’t made an NBA team any better or any worse, that’s what I am talking about, not even talking about championships. Please don’t take my statements and make them something they aren’t.

Again I am rooting for him to do great things, In my eyes I just haven’t seen them yet.

Reaction Score
I am not hurt about anything, lol, I live a phenomenal life & the Uconn Huskies have given me more great moments than any other sports team that I root for.

Not holding any resentment, not sure how we are even comparing Butler & Marshall to Rudy, but that’s a topic for another day.

Reaction Score
I am not hurt about anything, lol, I live a phenomenal life & the Uconn Huskies have given me more great moments than any other sports team that I root for.

Not holding any resentment, not sure how we are even comparing Butler & Marshall to Rudy, but that’s a topic for another day.

Well Rudy's more talented than both Caron and Donyell so to ask how we're even comparing the three shows just how clueless you are but that's also a topic for another day.

Reaction Score
It’s okay for me to think that Rudy didn’t fulfill his max potential. I thought he was going to be better than his career shows. As far as winning, he really hasn’t made an NBA team any better or any worse, that’s what I am talking about, not even talking about championships. Please don’t take my statements and make them something they aren’t.

Again I am rooting for him to do great things, In my eyes I just haven’t seen them yet.

You're setting the goalposts back now. Also, saying that "it's okay" for you to say something stupid doesn't actually make your statement any less stupid.

Reaction Score
How
Couldn't agree more, that's why whenever people ask me who the best NBA player ever is I say Robert Horry
How about we go ask every NBA Coach Rudy has played for (we know there has been a lot of them) if Rudy made a major impact on their seasons as far winning & bringing the team to the next level?

I would imagine a lot of not all coaches would say No.

Please don’t take my statement & make it something it is not, I am not even talking about championships.

Reaction Score
You're setting the goalposts back now. Also, saying that "it's okay" for you to say something stupid doesn't actually make your statement any less stupid.
Agree to disagree on Rudy Gay.

Reaction Score
Well Rudy's more talented than both Caron and Donyell so to ask how we're even comparing the three shows just how clueless you are but that's also a topic for another day.
Very aggressive, now I am clueless, thanks.

Agree to disagree on Rudy Gay’s career.

Reaction Score
Agree to disagree on Rudy Gay.

There's not really any debate to be had though. You're the one setting an irrational standard and then calling Rudy a disappointment because he hasn't hit whatever ridiculously high expectations you had set for him, expectations that you never even clearly defined.

Reaction Score
There's not really any debate to be had though. You're the one setting an irrational standard and then calling Rudy a disappointment because he hasn't hit whatever ridiculously high expectations you had set for him, expectations that you never even clearly defined.
Coming out of college I thought Rudy had the talent, athleticism, skill set, etc. to be a 7 time all star & to be the top dawg on multiple playoff teams.

In my eyes At 6 foot 8 this guy had it all coming out of college, foot speed, hops, jump shot, mid range & most likely the ability to extend that range once in the league.

Like I said before agree to disagree, just had different expectations, which is fine.

Reaction Score
Coming out of college I thought Rudy had the talent, athleticism, skill set, etc. to be a 7 time all star & to be the top dawg on multiple playoff teams.

In my eyes At 6 foot 8 this guy had it all coming out of college, foot speed, hops, jump shot, mid range & most likely the ability to extend that range once in the league.

Like I said before agree to disagree, just had different expectations, which is fine.

And again that just shows that you had set unrealistic expectations in the first place. Rudy isn't disappointing, you just expected him to have basically a lock HoF type NBA career when the reality is that there's less than 10 players that can carry an NBA team to the playoffs singlehandedly in any given year.

pj

Reaction Score
Rudy's NBA career was better than his college career. Good for him for developing his talent to a high level in the NBA. He's done better in the NBA than I expected.

Reaction Score
They'll never learn, folks still doing the "he can't enter the draft until he does this or that" thing like we didn't just see DHam enter the draft a couple of years ago after shooting below 40% from the field.
Yes, but DHam had shown all the skills that the NBA desires. They simply don't draft guys that can't (or don't show) they can shoot. There are simply too many guys who can shoot. While the NBA drafts potential rather than performance, they don't draft guards without jump shots.

Reaction Score
Stop it. He’s hanging around another year... he and Jalen will be lottery picks in 2019 when we get a natty....

Our motto needs to be trust the mfing process

A man can dream

Reaction Score
Yes, but DHam had shown all the skills that the NBA desires. They simply don't draft guys that can't (or don't show) they can shoot. There are simply too many guys who can shoot. While the NBA drafts potential rather than performance, they don't draft guards without jump shots.
All what skills? DHam couldn't shoot and he wasn't an uber athlete with plus athleticism or length at the wing position, all negatives for his draft position. If you can't shoot, then the hope would be that you would be a great athlete with length and other skills to bring to the table, the only thing DHam was bringing to the table was his ballhandling/passing and he still declared anyway. That's the point, that he still left with all those negatives so its a waste of time to talk in November about why Jalen won't declare when its not us making the decision, its him.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yeah, they do, all the time.

Reaction Score
Rudy's NBA career was better than his college career. Good for him for developing his talent to a high level in the NBA. He's done better in the NBA than I expected.

Rudy was 19 years old when he was drafted. For comparison, Larrier is 22 years old. Rudy has spent 11 seasons in the NBA and has made $115 million. Taken before him in the 2006 draft were:

Andrea Bargnani, LeMarcus Aldridge, Adam Morrison, Tyrus Thomas, Shenden Williams, Brandon Roy, and Randy Foye. Taken after him were Patrick O'Bryant, Mouhamed Sene, J.J. Redick, and Hilton. I think Rudy did pretty well compared to the rest of the class.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Rudy was 19 years old when he was drafted. For comparison, Larrier is 22 years old. Rudy has spent 11 seasons in the NBA and has made $115 million. Taken before him in the 2006 draft were:

Andrea Bargnani, LeMarcus Aldridge, Adam Morrison, Tyrus Thomas, Shenden Williams, Brandon Roy, and Randy Foye. Taken after him were Patrick O'Bryant, Mouhamed Sene, J.J. Redick, and Hilton. I think Rudy did pretty well compared to the rest of the class.
I can’t believe that JJ is still a starting SG in the NBA a real testament to his work ethic. Hate to say it but hats off to him.

Reaction Score
And again that just shows that you had set unrealistic expectations in the first place. Rudy isn't disappointing, you just expected him to have basically a lock HoF type NBA career when the reality is that there's less than 10 players that can carry an NBA team to the playoffs singlehandedly in any given year.
I don’t agree, in my view Rudy is one of the greatest talents to ever play at Uconn, if not top 3. To me K. Leonard had a similar skill set & athleticism to Rudy coming out of college, again agree to disagree. Love the discussion topic, I enjoy hearing your point of view, stay classy.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don’t agree, in my view Rudy is one of the greatest talents to ever play at Uconn, if not top 3. To me K. Leonard had a similar skill set & athleticism to Rudy coming out of college, again agree to disagree. Love the discussion topic, I enjoy hearing your point of view, stay classy.
You’re one of those people that’s gonna rip on Zion when he’s not lebron.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom