Larrier NBA Mock Draft | The Boneyard

Larrier NBA Mock Draft

Reaction Score
Those guys were pretty high on him last year too leading up to the season. Here's a couple of write ups from them before he got injured:

7/29/16
Terry Larrier 6'8, 190 lbs, 6'10 wingspan, SG, UConn -- Every year it seems someone comes out of the woodwork and surprises based on expectations coming in. This year, that player was Connecticut's Terry Larrier. The VCU transfer still needs to add some weight to his frame, but he showed a lot of promise in the event as a guy that competes hard, has a high skill level and can contribute in a number of areas. He had one of the better shooting forms of all the wing players, showing a nice, high and quick release and also has the ability to catch and shoot or pull up off the dribble. In addition, he has excellent length and seems to give solid effort defensively. He could be primed for a break out season at UConn if he gains confidence quickly. Watch out for Larrier this year as he's a kid with first round talent if things fall into place for him.

10/3/2016
Like DJ Hogg, Terry Larrier isn't completely on the radar yet, but he should be. He's a VCU transfer with excellent size and evolving skills. He'll need to show that his ability to put the ball on the deck and playmaing skills have improved, but he does have a nice shooting stroke and very solid athletic attributes.
NBA Comparison: Dorrell Wright

Reaction Score
I think both Adams and Larrier have high draft ceilings this year. But it's probably dependent on them putting this team on their backs and getting them to the Sweet 16+. Especially for Adams. He might need a senior year otherwise.

Reaction Score
I think we have Adams next year. He’s not Kemba. At his size he has to consistently make the 3, and be very reliable. Doesn’t seem like he worked on it over the summer or maybe it’s just not his game.

Reaction Score
There's very little that would make me happier than if Terry stayed healthy, had a break-out season, and was drafted in the first round. Boston could be a great fit too. Seems like they really value long, versatile wings.

Reaction Score
would be a great story for the kid...he's worked hard...as sad as it sounds, he's long in the tooth for an nba prospect...hope he blows up this year.

Reaction Score
Larrier for sure is gone after this year, he has already spent 4 years in college I sure he’s gotta be feeling ready to move on. As for Jalen he’s probably gone too I think he is willing to bet on himself that he can make an NBA roster next year.

Reaction Score
Optimistic Me: Watching Rudy Gay settle into a nice veterans role in San Antonio and I can see some of Terry's game. Obviously young Rudy had otherworldly athleticism, but Terry wasn't significantly behind that before he hurt his knee. That athleticism is going to continue to slowly return, and in the mean time he's going to be honing his midrange skills, which is what he'll actually need to succeed in a league where everyone is a great athlete.

Realistic Me: If a few degrees below Rudy Gay is Terry's ceiling, I can also see Terry turning into a James Posey type player - 3 and D, using his length to guard multiple positions, carving out a nice 10+ year career

Bottom line is I think he's definitely first round talent, and could play his way up into the late teens in terms of picks.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
If I had a gun to my head I say, Terry is gone and Jalen comes back. But who knows

Reaction Score
Terry's gone after this year. I remember reading something over the summer that said he'd told Ollie this was his final year at UConn. Guy's going to be 23 next season

Reaction Score
Larrier has to leave if shows knee is healthy all year...........go make some money young man. Late first round to a good team would be ideal for him.

If Jalen has indications he will be a first rounder then he should go, otherwise stay....has 30 plus games to show he's a stud now or needs more seasoning.

Reaction Score
Adams has to improve his jump shot to move into the NBA draft.

He also has to prove he can avoid turnovers better than he did last year.

Not every outstanding college player is a good NBA prospect. I think Jalen could have a great year this year without playing himself into the NBA draft.

Reaction Score
Adams has to improve his jump shot to move into the NBA draft.
Its not about what you would do if you were Jalen, its what does Jalen want do same as when DHam left. Its not about about what fans or even scouts say, athletes more than other people tend to bet on themselves vs. what everybody else is telling them.

Reaction Score
Its not about what you would do if you were Jalen, its what does Jalen want do same as when DHam left. Its not about about what fans or even scouts say, athletes more than other people tend to bet on themselves vs. what everybody else is telling them.
They'll never learn, folks still doing the "he can't enter the draft until he does this or that" thing like we didn't just see DHam enter the draft a couple of years ago after shooting below 40% from the field.

Reaction Score
Optimistic Me: Watching Rudy Gay settle into a nice veterans role in San Antonio and I can see some of Terry's game. Obviously young Rudy had otherworldly athleticism, but Terry wasn't significantly behind that before he hurt his knee. That athleticism is going to continue to slowly return, and in the mean time he's going to be honing his midrange skills, which is what he'll actually need to succeed in a league where everyone is a great athlete.

Realistic Me: If a few degrees below Rudy Gay is Terry's ceiling, I can also see Terry turning into a James Posey type player - 3 and D, using his length to guard multiple positions, carving out a nice 10+ year career

Bottom line is I think he's definitely first round talent, and could play his way up into the late teens in terms of picks.
Unfortunately Rudy never fulfilled his potential in the NBA, nor did he really @ Uconn, when you mention the name I always think of him shying away from the biggest moments...

Reaction Score
Unfortunately Rudy never fulfilled his potential in the NBA, nor did he really @ Uconn, when you mention the name I always think of him shying away from the biggest moments...

18.3 ppg and shooting 45% in what is now his 12th season in the NBA isn't reaching full potential? Just to compare Ray averaged 18.9 and shot 45%. Caron averaged 14.1 and shot 43%. Donyell 11.2 and 43%. Some of the greatest UConn players ever like Smitty and El-Amin didn't even make it in the NBA. I think your expectations might be a little too high there pal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He also has to prove he can avoid turnovers better than he did last year.

Not every outstanding college player is a good NBA prospect. I think Jalen could have a great year this year without playing himself into the NBA draft.
I watch JA and i see a pretty good college player but i dont see a guy whos going to make much of an impact on the next level and definitely dont see him as a lottery pick.

Reaction Score
18.3 ppg and shooting 45% in what is now his 12th season in the NBA isn't reaching full potential? Just to compare Ray averaged 18.9 and shot 45%. Caron averaged 14.1 and shot 43%. Donyell 11.2 and 43%. Some of the greatest UConn players ever like Smitty and El-Amin didn't even make it in the NBA. I think your expectations might be a little to high there pal.
Stats are great, what did he win at Uconn & in the NBA?

Reaction Score

So you're one of those guys no championships equals failure. He won a lot of games in his two years at UConn for starters including 4 NCAAT games. I believe he scored 20 points and played well against George Mason so you can't put that loss on him. How many national championships did Donyell, Ray and Caron win in 8 collegiate seasons combined? Rudy's finally on a good NBA team let's see how it goes but regardless he's had a very successful pro career.

Reaction Score

You know you could have said the same thing about Kemba, Eneka, Rip if they all only stayed for 2 years before proving themselves as high 1st round picks. Kemba and Emeka have never won anything in the NBA, and Ray didn't win until he was playing 3rd fiddle in Boston and coming off the bench in Miami.

Rudy has had a really good career. Not sure what your problem with him is.

Reaction Score
You know you could have said the same thing about Kemba, Eneka, Rip if they all only stayed for 2 years before proving themselves as high 1st round picks. Kemba and Emeka have never won anything in the NBA, and Ray didn't win until he was playing 3rd fiddle in Boston and coming off the bench in Miami.

Rudy has had a really good career. Not sure what your problem with him is.
We are now comparing Ray Allen’s NBA career to Rudy Gay’s?

I am rooting for Rudy Gay I just believe his talent & skill set would’ve equaled a lot more, not that he’s had a bad career by any means, I just personally thought he would’ve made more noise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom