Larrier Entering into Draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Larrier Entering into Draft

Reaction Score
D league, Europe, elsewhere, or maybe even the NBA after further development and experience, perhaps Larrier just wants to move on with a degree and start earning some dinero. Regardless of Terry's motivations and various projections of his potential, good luck to Terry!

Reaction Score
Quite incredible that Kevin Ollie's NBA production legacy boils down to Deandre Daniels, Daniel Hamilton, Rodney Purvis, and now Terry Larrier. All guys who essentially followed the pattern of (a) leaving earlier than they should have (red flag) and (b) frankly if I'm being completely honest with myself would say hurt their professional stocks by coming to UConn when they did. Maybe you could argue Daniels is a bit of an outlier in that mold but still. And I didn't include Bazz as an ollie draft product because frankly Napier wrote his own legend without anyone's help.

I hope from the bottom of my heart that this is the end of this trend at the University of Connecticut. I feel like people often lose focus on just how critical a head coaches NBA production pedigree is to every aspect of recruiting. It's so much more important than which coach attended [X] Blue Chip recruit's practices or who "stayed on him the hardest". It's all about future earnings.

Why do you include Daniels but leave out Shabazz?

Reaction Score
Quite incredible that Kevin Ollie's NBA production legacy boils down to Deandre Daniels, Daniel Hamilton, Rodney Purvis, and now Terry Larrier. All guys who essentially followed the pattern of (a) leaving earlier than they should have (red flag) and (b) frankly if I'm being completely honest with myself would say hurt their professional stocks by coming to UConn when they did. Maybe you could argue Daniels is a bit of an outlier in that mold but still. And I didn't include Bazz as an ollie draft product because frankly Napier wrote his own legend without anyone's help.

I hope from the bottom of my heart that this is the end of this trend at the University of Connecticut. I feel like people often lose focus on just how critical a head coaches NBA production pedigree is to every aspect of recruiting. It's so much more important than which coach attended [X] Blue Chip recruit's practices or who "stayed on him the hardest". It's all about future earnings.

I knew this thread couldn’t go to the end without someone finding a way to make it a Kevin Ollie thing lol, unbelievable.

Anyway the best to Larrier and his marathon.

Reaction Score
I wish him luck, seems like a good guy and might be happy in the D league. But watch some games this weekend and see lots of players more nba ready than Larrier.

Reaction Score
I still can’t understand how enis is still in the nba and my man boatright is way better ... them damn oranges !

Reaction Score

Other than Daniel Hamilton none of those guys left too early. Deandre Daniels had peaked as a college player, his stock was as high as it was ever going to get. If your goal is to go to college to become a professional (pro not necessarily NBA) then mission accomplished.

I think its a fallacy that people think you stop developing once you leave the college game. Look at Rodney, he shown more improvement in 1 year of the G-League than he did in all 4 years of being a college player.

Terry is 22 years old, and will be graduating. He has fulfilled every requirement we can realistically expect from a college student, and can now move on to the real world. If a G-league squad wants to pick him up there's no reason to believe this isn't his best chance at carving out a job in the NBA at this point in his life.

Reaction Score
I believe he's on track to graduate, correct? He had a bad injury. He had a bad season and didn't live up to expectations, but it's time to take a shot and go get paid while he still can. You can't hate him or the people who advise him on that.

Do I think he has the ability to be a solid NBA player? I'm not sure. It seemed he played very timid this season because of the past injury. My assumption is that he wasn't giving it his all due to fear of another injury and hurt his stock. It sucks but people worry about their future.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
As surprised as I am of Purvis making it in NBA he has two major advantages on Larrier. Purvis is an elite athlete with speed and jumping ability with sturdy build. And Purvis always played hard.
Great points. Rodney's only problem was thinking/decisions. If he is teachable he could have a long career. He has heart, played good D, and great physical attributes as mentioned. There has been problems developing players here. If he transforms it will be an indication. Wish both the best.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Terry often seemed to have trouble handling the physicality of D1 basketball. I guess we will see how he handles the physicality of the NBA.

I wish him well.
One look at those lower legs and you can see how it would be very difficult at the very physical next level. I think his only chance is to really develop his handle. That is also in much need of improvement. Wish him well.

Reaction Score
I believe he's on track to graduate, correct? He had a bad injury. He had a bad season and didn't live up to expectations, but it's time to take a shot and go get paid while he still can. You can't hate him or the people who advise him on that.

Do I think he has the ability to be a solid NBA player? I'm not sure. It seemed he played very timid this season because of the past injury. My assumption is that he wasn't giving it his all due to fear of another injury and hurt his stock. It sucks but people worry about their future.
Wish him very well in any pro career. I have to admit i don’t know jack about what it takes to make it in the NBA but it seems if they are looking for a guy to not rebound and throw up some perimeter shots while not dribbling the ball I would say he has an excellent chance.

Reaction Score
Good luck to him. A spot up shooter? Maybe but he will be a 3 at the pro level and he doesn't have near the handle he needs for the pro level. His rebounding can improve with coaching and desire. Hope he is able to have a pro career and make a good living but the NBA is a very long shot.

Reaction Score
Terry often seemed to have trouble handling the physicality of D1 basketball. I guess we will see how he handles the physicality of the NBA.

I wish him well.

I wish him the best, but I don't think we'll ever find out if he can handle the physicality of the NBA. He could have a real nice career in Europe. It's not every kids dream, but he'd still do a lot better than most if that's how it ends up.

Reaction Score
I believe he has been offered a spot on the Puerto Rican national team. Much more likely he ends up there than the NBA.

Reaction Score
I wish him the best, but I don't think we'll ever find out if he can handle the physicality of the NBA. He could have a real nice career in Europe. It's not every kids dream, but he'd still do a lot better than most if that's how it ends up.
If you ever saw Ray Allen up close without knowing his pedigree you would swear that a string bean like him could never have an NBA career. RIP didn't exactly resemble Shaq either. I agree that Europe is a better option for him.

Reaction Score
If you ever saw Ray Allen up close without knowing his pedigree you would swear that a string bean like him could never have an NBA career. RIP didn't exactly resemble Shaq either. I agree that Europe is a better option for him.
i hear what you're saying, but Larrier is 3+/- inches taller and 15+/- pounds lighter. and one of the best shooters to ever play the game.

Reaction Score
Rip Hamilton too but Ray and he were guards which Larrier will never be. Both can dribble and both shoot. Those guys don’t look like twigs about to snap. In his position he has to mix it up with some strong players which he is not. I could be wrong, maybe he Hulks up.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If he sticks to what he can well and finds a desire to hit the boards, perhaps he can make a career of it somewhere.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I knew this thread couldn’t go to the end without someone finding a way to make it a Kevin Ollie thing lol, unbelievable.

Anyway the best to Larrier and his marathon.
Yea, boy you are so astute. Thanks for pointing that out again (irony intended).

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Why do you include Daniels but leave out Shabazz?
Because Shabazz was never scouted as a future NBA prospect so his choice in "where to go" (as pertaining to the original point) is apples to oranges when compared to the other guys listed. Shabazz basically got drafted by making a legendary NCAA run and putting a team on his back, something that's only happened a handful of times in history.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom