Larrier Entering into Draft | The Boneyard

Larrier Entering into Draft

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I hope I am wrong but he is not an NBA player. Maybe Europe.
That's what we all thought about Rodney. Fact is he's 6-foot-8 and has a jumper. If somebody teaches him how to defend, he could carve out a career.

Odds are against him tho, no doubt.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If he learns to put some effort on defense and what his skill set is, he could be a serviceable spot up shooter and mid range option. He has the skills for that. He isn't a "player" and unlikely to be drafted.

Reaction Score
That's what we all thought about Rodney. Fact is he's 6-foot-8 and has a jumper. If somebody teaches him how to defend, he could carve out a career.

Maybe but I thought Rodney was held back by the college game and NBA style is better suited for his skills. Larrier...well 1) just very poor decision making. 2) Jumper? We shall see vs NBA def. Best of luck to him regardless.

Reaction Score
There are nba and high level international wing players that can shoot and defend (better than Larrier) but don’t have to rely on dribbling very much. However, sometimes it is necessary to dribble to finish a play, free yourself for a jump shot or push the ball after a rebound. And at this moment, Larrier is incapable of doing any of that. You don’t have to be a ball handling wizard but you need to have the basic ability to dribble the ball. Larrier will never play at a high professional level without being able to dribble...and this isn’t even considering his other weaknesses of defense, passing, and not having a feel for the game.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
A strange college career. 3 years at UCONN and just a mere blip.

I do wish him the best.

Reaction Score

Other than listing his height you couldn't be more wrong.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Duece duece ball is loose.

Good luck TL.

Reaction Score
For some reason this makes me feel better than him transferring. But he’s too erratic to be impactful.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He'd pretty much made this obvious since before this season began.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
As surprised as I am of Purvis making it in NBA he has two major advantages on Larrier. Purvis is an elite athlete with speed and jumping ability with sturdy build. And Purvis always played hard.

Reaction Score
As surprised as I am of Purvis making it in NBA he has two major advantages on Larrier. Purvis is an elite athlete with speed and jumping ability with sturdy build. And Purvis always played hard.

And he plays tough D.

Reaction Score
Wishing him luck. Don't think he has the skillset to be an NBA player, but I said the same thing about Purv. What's embarrassing is seeing some of the UConn "fans" blasting him on his Twitter announcement. I will never in my life understand how grown men and women can cyberstalk college kids just to insult them.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
As with any UConn athlete pursuing their at the highest level, I wish him the best of luck
But, I am afraid that the only draft he is going to get to feel is the one from an open window
He just showed nothing other than a stand alone shooter - he had his chances to shine but never took advantage of the opportunity
Again, who knows, lightning may strike but I had a lot better feeling for Rodney
Good Luck TL

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Quite incredible that Kevin Ollie's NBA production legacy boils down to Deandre Daniels, Daniel Hamilton, Rodney Purvis, and now Terry Larrier. All guys who essentially followed the pattern of (a) leaving earlier than they should have (red flag) and (b) frankly if I'm being completely honest with myself would say hurt their professional stocks by coming to UConn when they did. Maybe you could argue Daniels is a bit of an outlier in that mold but still. And I didn't include Bazz as an ollie draft product because frankly Napier wrote his own legend without anyone's help.

I hope from the bottom of my heart that this is the end of this trend at the University of Connecticut. I feel like people often lose focus on just how critical a head coaches NBA production pedigree is to every aspect of recruiting. It's so much more important than which coach attended [X] Blue Chip recruit's practices or who "stayed on him the hardest". It's all about future earnings.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Terry often seemed to have trouble handling the physicality of D1 basketball. I guess we will see how he handles the physicality of the NBA.

I wish him well.

Reaction Score
Bad advice feeding into a self delusion. If anybody cared enough, they would sit him down and tell him he has one year to get better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom