2021 Recruiting: Landers Nolley

Status
Not open for further replies.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Memphis, Georgia, and Ole Miss.

Anyone still mad we took Martin?
Anyone mad we hired Hurley. Let the staff do their job. If you were bummed at the last 10 games last year, oh well. I realize we are all here to say our piece and that's ok but Hurley has literally explained every step of the rebuild and the program reflects that progress. I think we trust Hurley's recruiting until proven otherwise.

Reaction Score
Anyone mad we hired Hurley. Let the staff do their job. If you were bummed at the last 10 games last year, oh well. I realize we are all here to say our piece and that's ok but Hurley has literally explained every step of the rebuild and the program reflects that progress. I think we trust Hurley's recruiting until proven otherwise.
Right. He already said the player needs to fit the culture. I trust that Dan knows what he’s looking for.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Still think he would have been the perfect fit. Hopefully we move on to a guard and not a big man

I actually think that for the first time in a long while, we should have good depth with both guard and bigs. As long as Hurley brings in a piece that he thinks helps make us better, I'm all in.

Reaction Score
I actually think that for the first time in a long while, we should have good depth with both guard and bigs. As long as Hurley brings in a piece that he thinks helps make us better, I'm all in.
Yeah I mostly agree, I just worry about a backup PG and would prefer to not have to play Adams there

Reaction Score
It probably doesn't matter at all since we have 2 point guards.
Yeah I'm probably overthinking it but I expect both to start and think our best lineups are with both on the floor so want to maximize the minutes with Cole/Gaffney playing together

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm probably overthinking it but I expect both to start and think our best lineups are with both on the floor so want to maximize the minutes with Cole/Gaffney playing together
I hear you but even with one of them out of the game we shouldn't really ever have a problem with ballhandling and scoring with Bouknight, Jackson, Martin, and Adams.

Reaction Score
I hear you but even with one of them out of the game we shouldn't really ever have a problem with ballhandling and scoring with Bouknight, Jackson, Martin, and Adams.
I think that's a good point actually, Jackson's passing ability makes me feel a little more comfortable when we have to take one of the PGs off the floor. Even Bouknight and Adams can be at least average at facilitating. Regardless I trust Hurley, he knows way better than me what the team needs

pj

Reaction Score
I think that's a good point actually, Jackson's passing ability makes me feel a little more comfortable when we have to take one of the PGs off the floor. Even Bouknight and Adams can be at least average at facilitating. Regardless I trust Hurley, he knows way better than me what the team needs

Really not much to worry about if our biggest problem is an inability to keep two point guards on the floor at all times.

Surely a bigger problem is the potential to be pushed around on the inside with an unathletic Carlton, small Whaley, raw Javonte Brown Ferguson, injured Akok, and young Springs.

Reaction Score
Really not much to worry about if our biggest problem is an inability to keep two point guards on the floor at all times.

Surely a bigger problem is the potential to be pushed around on the inside with an unathletic Carlton, small Whaley, raw Javonte Brown Ferguson, injured Akok, and young Springs.
Yeah I just don't agree with that mindset, in 2020 that's plenty of bigs especially when only 1 of those guys is a threat from outside. Playing 2 of those guys at the same time is a massive disadvantage

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I would think Ole Miss would have a better than fighting chance and not really sure why outside a bag man. They have gotten a couple of transfers already but no 3' and that is a selling point.

I still think he ends up at Georgia when it is all said and done

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure he's not going to Seton Hall.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I don’t expect both Cole and Gaffney to start. I do think we will play them both at times, but I think Bouk will be at the SG spot to start and somebody else at SF. Not sure if that is Polley, Jackson or Martin (if eligible). Probably Martin if he can play. Bouk, Gaff and Cole together is a lineup I’m not wild about. Small and horrible on defense. I get that everyone loves the offensive potential, but defense matters.

I agree that Jackson will be a point forward player for us. I think we will be fine and offense is the least of our worries. We are going to score. Can we rebound and stop anyone? That concerns me.

pj

Reaction Score
We are going to score. Can we rebound and stop anyone? That concerns me.

Agree with your lineups and analysis. Rebounding and defense are Hurley's strengths as a coach, as they were JC's, he'll have them working hard to improve those. I think we'll see steady progress in those areas over the course of next season. How good we are at start of season depends on how hard the players work, with the COVID shutdowns a lot of player initiative may be needed.

Reaction Score
I don’t expect both Cole and Gaffney to start. I do think we will play them both at times, but I think Bouk will be at the SG spot to start and somebody else at SF. Not sure if that is Polley, Jackson or Martin (if eligible). Probably Martin if he can play. Bouk, Gaff and Cole together is a lineup I’m not wild about. Small and horrible on defense. I get that everyone loves the offensive potential, but defense matters.

I agree that Jackson will be a point forward player for us. I think we will be fine and offense is the least of our worries. We are going to score. Can we rebound and stop anyone? That concerns me.
Yeah we've been down this road enough that I know we'll never agree on this. We fundamentally disagree with the construction of a lineup at certain positions

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yeah we've been down this road enough that I know we'll never agree on this. We fundamentally disagree with the construction of a lineup at certain positions

Ha. No doubt about that. It’s all good. We will be entertained assuming there is a season. Hurley will have fun figuring this out.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
This is how you end up missing on Jessie Govan AND Diamond Stone. Take the player who wants to come and move on, especially when they're as similar as Nolley and Martin.

And Hurley knows Martin a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99