2021 Recruiting: Landers Nolley

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Maybe he's Scottish......... :rolleyes:

Watch it coming from a Scotsman

I am happy with Martin as he can score, rebound, and penetrate. What more do you need.

Reaction Score
Maybe he's Scottish......... :rolleyes:
Made me think of this:

1586370291908.png

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
i could see him doing a grad transfer year somewhere while working on his MBA

Anything is possible, but he originally committed to Hurley at URI, then followed Hurley to UConn and has been a part of the rotation. I don't see any reason why he would want to leave.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Anything is possible, but he originally committed to Hurley at URI, then followed Hurley to UConn and has been a part of the rotation. I don't see any reason why he would want to leave.
I hear all that, but more playing time would be one potential reason. Still think it's doubtful.

Reaction Score
Gotta hope we're in Battle 4 Atlantis for 2021, or else it'll be 7 years without being in the 2 best tournaments (Maui + Atlantis). 2022 we are expected to be in the PK85.

Reaction Score
Yes but having guys get drafted is also great for the program
Yes nba guys are great for the program and Bouk, Jackson, Akok hopefully all draft guys......don’t think when hurley is deciding on a transfer he would say to an assistant Well Nolley is getting drafted so he will help our profile let’s go after him . I think that’s secondary

Reaction Score
dont get me wrong i definitely want adams here in 2021, especially if we get brandon johnson this week. if adams left after next year then hurley would have to fill 6 schollys for 2021: johnson, adams, polley, whaley, carlton, and probably bouk.

sorry @JimHurley but similar to martin- dan hurley is not bringing in 6 guys better than a senior adams. not in terms of production, character or leadership. 5 new players in 2021 is plenty.

Reaction Score
dont get me wrong i definitely want adams here in 2021, especially if we get brandon johnson this week. if adams left after next year then hurley would have to fill 6 schollys for 2021: johnson, adams, polley, whaley, carlton, and probably bouk.

sorry @JimHurley but similar to martin- dan hurley is not bringing in 6 guys better than a senior adams. not in terms of production, character or leadership. 5 new players in 2021 is plenty.

Woah, pump the breaks. I absolutely want Adams back next year. I’m just stating that it’s a strong likelihood he’s gone.

Reaction Score
I'm going to regret getting into this, but is there any reason to think this other than he's on pace to graduate in three years?

No, but what's the other motive for graduating a year early? The other 2 guys to do it (Kemba and Okafor) knew before their final year that they'd leave after that, even if for the NBA.

Reaction Score
No, but what's the other motive for graduating a year early? The other 2 guys to do it (Kemba and Okafor) knew before their final year that they'd leave after that, even if for the NBA.
He may just be looking to get a head start on his masters. It’s not as hard as you think for athletes because they are at school for both summer sessions every year.

Reaction Score

Most dudes on the team can graduate in 3 years if they want to. They're on campus for summer sessions. They even set up classes primarily for the bball teams in the summer to match their schedules to meet major requirements.

I thonk this may be a case of a kid being proud of his intelligence and not much more.

And BAdams is a super smart guy. Even as our 7th-man Hurley was noticably having him act as a floor leader. Impressive stuff for a player who was, frankly, not that good.

Reaction Score

OK, that's what I thought.

Reaction Score
“Other things” is an odd way to refer to his daughter.
Not sure I’d call that out specifically myself

It seems we gave him the choice before Martin, like Matrim seemed to note, but his timeline wasnt aligned with ours and subsequently Martin’s. He’s no slouch tho, Martin that is

Reaction Score
Not sure I’d call that out specifically myself

It seems we gave him the choice before Martin, like Matrim seemed to note, but his timeline wasnt aligned with ours and subsequently Martin’s. He’s no slouch tho, Martin that is

Call it out? That makes it seem like a bad thing.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don’t think just because a kid wants to graduate in 3 years that it means he has one foot out of the door.
It did for Emeka and Kemba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger