Lakers get Davis | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Lakers get Davis

Reaction Score
The Lakers only have 23 million available in cap space since the trade will be executed July 6. If it was July 30 and AD waived his trade kicker they would have just under 33 million in space. Doubt you see Kemba in LA.

For the Celtics, I think it is time to look towards 2021, aka the Giannis class.

Charlotte may be desperate enough to make a trade for Hayward. A trade I wouldn't mind:
Boston gets: Conley
Charlotte gets: Hayward
Memphis gets: Biyombo, Williams, #12

Let Al opt out and re-sign for a 2 year deal, Celtics would have a minimum of 60 million coming off the books in 2021 as well as having lottery picks in 2019 & 2020 added to the roster. Assuming Tatum and Brown continue to develop, Boston will continue to compete in the interim, get their financials in order, and hopefully capitalize on their draft assets to create the most attractive situation for the summer's top free agents in 2021.

Reaction Score
The lakers will be in a weird spot again, like with kobe.

You don't force a figure like lebron out. And he could be a decent player.. but his age won't really be conducive to winning.

What do you do with that contract?

80% of LeBron and a prime AD and more cap space. They won't care about his contract if they win a ring before he is done.

LA is a rolling dumpster fire now, but is still LA.

Reaction Score
The Lakers only have 23 million available in cap space since the trade will be executed July 6. If it was July 30 and AD waived his trade kicker they would have just under 33 million in space. Doubt you see Kemba in LA.

For the Celtics, I think it is time to look towards 2021, aka the Giannis class.

Charlotte may be desperate enough to make a trade for Hayward. A trade I wouldn't mind:
Boston gets: Conley
Charlotte gets: Hayward
Memphis gets: Biyombo, Williams, #12

Let Al opt out and re-sign for a 2 year deal, Celtics would have a minimum of 60 million coming off the books in 2021 as well as having lottery picks in 2019 & 2020 added to the roster. Assuming Tatum and Brown continue to develop, Boston will continue to compete in the interim, get their financials in order, and hopefully capitalize on their draft assets to create the most attractive situation for the summer's top free agents in 2021.
Could you sign-and trade kemba with Jeremy for kuz and a contract, and make it work in the cap? Or is kuz still on rookie money and is actually cheaper than Jeremy? I know that one of Magic’s big goals was clearing out bad contracts and that he succeeded in that regard with lots of one year deals for Rondo, Lance, McGee etc. so I don’t know how much cap-clearing ability they have

Reaction Score
Could you sign-and trade kemba with Jeremy for kuz and a contract, and make it work in the cap? Or is kuz still on rookie money and is actually cheaper than Jeremy?
Kuzma is making under $2M next year so don't see that working out. It's LeBron and AD making $30M+ and then Mo Wagner at $2M is the next highest salary

Reaction Score
Kuzma is making under $2M next year so don't see that working out. It's LeBron and AD making $30M+ and then Mo Wagner at $2M is the next highest salary
Right so there is just no more cap to clear. I mean there’s the luxury tax... it’s how each decade’s dynasty was made (showtime lakers, MJ bulls, Kobe/Shaq Lakers, GSW).

Jeanie has money

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Lakers have no bench, and they will have no money for one if they sign another max player. Lebron won't make it to New Year's if he is playing 35 minutes a game.

There is a reason that no championship team has been built from the bottom up solely via established players in free agency. It is too expensive and there are too many bad signings along the way. The Heat team was as close as it came, but Wade and Haslem were already on the team before LeBron and Bosh.

Reaction Score
Do you think the Lakers got LeBron and Davis because they have a good front office?

It doesn't matter how they got them. Lakers were a disaster and now they will be one of the favorites to win it all. Celtics were supposed to be favorites to win it all and nobody has them in contention.

Reaction Score
Agree to disagree, because you keep leaving out that pesky "1 year of" superstars part.
I'm not leaving anything out. The Celtics had more assets than basically anyone else and they've come up short in the arms race. You're making all sorts of excuses for them not getting it done.

Stick to them not getting a star player because Boston is racist, that's the ticket!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter how they got them. Lakers were a disaster and now they will be one of the favorites to win it all. Celtics were supposed to be favorites to win it all and nobody has them in contention.

People predicted the Lakers and Pelicans to be good this year. How did that turn out?

Reaction Score
It makes us much sense as the question itself. The Lakers have 5 total players under contract.
The question is simple. Currently, who do you think has the better chance of winning it all next season, the Celtics or the Lakers? Neither isn't a valid answer to the question.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I'm not leaving anything out. The Celtics had more assets than basically anyone else and they've come up short in the arms race. You're making all sorts of excuses for them not getting it done.

Stick to them not getting a star player because Boston is racist, that's the ticket!

The Lakers will be better than everyone else if they had all superstars 1-12. Thanks for the insight.

Reaction Score
People predicted the Lakers and Pelicans to be good this year. How did that turn out?
People predicted the Celtics to be in the finals this year, how did that work out?

Since dj won't answer the question I'll pose it to you. As of now who do you think has a better chance at winning it all next year, Celtics or Lakers?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
People predicted the Celtics to be in the finals this year, how did that work out?

Since dj won't answer the question I'll pose it to you. As of now who do you think has a better chance at winning it all next year, Celtics or Lakers?

As of right now, the Celtics.

The Lakers will need to get some players to take major pay cuts to put together a title contending roster. Short of that, they will not be one of the top 4 teams in the west.

The Celtics should be one of the top 3-4 teams in the East.

Reaction Score
As of right now, the Celtics.

The Lakers will need to get some players to take major pay cuts to put together a title contending roster. Short of that, they will not be one of the top 4 teams in the west.

The Celtics should be one of the top 3-4 teams in the East.
I disagree but thanks for answering the question.

Reaction Score
Lakers are best served finding 3 and D guys and others to fill out the roster and add depth regardless of if they can sign a max player or not. Guys like Danny Green, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Reddick, Seth Curry. Magic did a horrible job of surrounding Lebron with shooters, Pelinka has a chance to change that. Brook Lopez would be a great signing too, they never should've let him walk.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Lakers are best served finding 3 and D guys and others to fill out the roster and add depth regardless of if they can sign a max player or not. Guys like Danny Green, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Reddick, Seth Curry. Magic did a horrible job of surrounding Lebron with shooters, Pelinka has a chance to change that. Brook Lopez would be a great signing too, they never should've let him walk.

Lakers will not be able to afford Bogdanovic if they sign a max free agent. Dude will sign for a 3/50 million type deal with someone.

Reaction Score
Unless you are represented by Klutch sports, the Lakers will not be a top destination for most free agents.

Reaction Score
Lakers will not be able to afford Bogdanovic if they sign a max free agent. Dude will sign for a 3/50 million type deal with someone.
My point was they should seek to sign those players as opposed to a max player, even if they can sign a max player.

Reaction Score
I agree, but they won't win it all w Seth Curry and Danny Green. They have 23 mil to spend on 7-8 players. This power play by Rich Paul and Lebron will implode.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

And??? You’re bashing Ainge, and suggesting he got outmaneuvered by the Lakers simply because they had LeBron fall into their lap and then traded the farm for Davis. The Lakers aren’t likely to win next year — but they are likely to be a crappy west coast version of the Pelicans for years to come.

You’re a Knicks fan, right? I get that you want to enjoy some schadenfraude from seeing your team’s exponentially more successful rival have some problems, but pretending like you’re smarter than Danny Ainge isn’t very convincing.

Like I said, in retrospect, he probably should’ve traded for Leonard — but that’s mostly the case because KD and Klay went down. Raps got lucky. Was he supposed to know Hayward would suffer a grisly injury? Was he supposed to know Kyrie (who he got for next to nothing) would leave for no good reason, pretty much killing Ainge’s chance to get Davis to agree to stay in Boston past 1 year? Most of the criticism is 20/20 hindsight. Clear-headed people can see that.

And how ‘bout them Knicks?!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom