Lagow offer status | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lagow offer status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If he goes to WVU then education isn't a top priority for him.

If you were a football recruit wouldn't you like to go to a school where football is king? They have produced some very good college QBs down there.. Major Harris, Marc Bulger, Rasheed Marshall, Pat White, Geno Smith..

Reaction Score
So what you are saying is all of UConn's walk ons never received a letter, phone call or visit from a coach?

Doesn't make sense. So a kid from a poor family who got minor interest from UConn really loves the academics UConn offers and wants to go there and walk on.

The coaches think he would be a good fit for the scout team and love his attitude but can't afford to give up a scholly to him.

So guess all walk ons are kids who call the coaches after LOI day and say "Can I walk on?"

Am I missing something?

No, that is not what I am saying and you are missing something. Walk-ons are often recruited, but the process that coaches can follow in recruiting them is much, much, much more limited. As one example, you can't be a recruited walk on if the school pays for a trip to campus.

Reaction Score
If you were a football recruit wouldn't you like to go to a school where football is king? They have produced some very good college QBs down there.. Major Harris, Marc Bulger, Rasheed Marshall, Pat White, Geno Smith..

Jeff Hostetler

Reaction Score
No, that is not what I am saying and you are missing something. Walk-ons are often recruited, but the process that coaches can follow in recruiting them is much, much, much more limited. As one example, you can't be a recruited walk on if the school pays for a trip to campus.

Ii guess that part about "once a player is recruited he can't become a walk on" threw me off. Makes sense now. :cool:

Reaction Score
The NLI is a designed to halt the recruiting process. That's why it exists. To give recruits a break, that have decided where they want to go. All institutions that participate with program agree not to pursue an athlete that's signed a letter, and it's all entirely voluntary - by all involved. No school is required to issue NLI's and no recruit is required to sign one.

As of now, It's a committment to the educational institutiton by a student athlete for a year. It's also a commitment by the Institution to provide financial aid of some form. That's key. The two things go hand in hand. The financial aid paperwork is separate from the actual NLI, but it is integral to the process. You can't have an NLI without financial aid. You can have financial aid offered and agreed upon, without an NLI - but the recruitment by other schools won't stop.

If a student athlete does not desire, or need financial aid, there is absolutely no reason to sign an NL, except to stop the recruiting process formally.

The choice to either accept or defer financial aid, can be made later, but the committment to provide financial aid, from the university - MUST still be part of the process. There is also no standard in the language as to what financial aid provisions are agreed upon. (i.e. partial scholarships exist in addition to full scholarships in intercollegiate athletics)

THe questions posed, (2 of them) were about whether or not an athlete needs to sign an NLI to get financial aid I believe, I don't remember the exact quesitons. THe answer is no, and there is no necessary reason for a player OR school to sign an NLI. And there's nothing either preventing or requiring an athlete to sign an NLI. It's all completely voluntary.

An NLI that is not signed by both parties is VOID after 14 days after it's been formally issued. A signed NLI by both parties has 21 days to get into the conference offices from the date of final signature, or it's void. Any student under age 21, needs to have the signature of a parent orlegal guardian in addition to their own for it to be valid.

It's very rare, to have an NLI be issued, by a university, in accordance with all the rules and regulations - and then have the student athlete, sign it and then choose to opt out of the agreement. There are provisions that exist, for students to appeal and have the terms and conditions of an NLI waived after they've signed it. To my knowledge, it's also rare, to get the stage of the process where an NLI is formally extended by a university, and it is not signed by the recruit.

As for walk ons, and who qualifies as an actual recruit, and who doesn't, and what makes a recruit, a recruit officially and what doesn't, etc. etc., there are well over 400 pages of NCAA rules and regulations that don't do a real good job of defining what is what.

Check and verify if you want.

Reaction Score
Alright. ENought of this **T.

You realize that when you write "enough of this *** " and then post the equivalent of an entire page of analysis, the only reasonable translation is "I think I'm the only one important enough to have something to say about this matter."

Reaction Score
Could Lagow has more pages of thread than anyone that actually played a snap for uconn.

Reaction Score
You realize that when you write "enough of this *** " and then post the equivalent of an entire page of analysis, the only reasonable translation is "I think I'm the only one important enough to have something to say about this matter."

....As if you don't think you're the only important enough to have something to say........

Reaction Score
Could Lagow has more pages of thread than anyone that actually played a snap for uconn.
Reason being this year is our most-hyped class. Sure has been very interesting to observe. This level of enthusiasm should cement our future in football.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Boneyard hype to UConn snaps leaders:

Lagow
The little kid whose father used to post his 6th grade antics
B. Brown
J. Miller
M. Nebrich
Dennis Brown

The 'What's Good' to snaps ratio is also a fun list. It's also just Tebucky Jones Jr in every slot.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Boneyard hype to UConn snaps leaders:

Lagow
The little kid whose father used to post his 6th grade antics
B. Brown
J. Miller
M. Nebrich
Dennis Brown

The 'What's Good' to snaps ratio is also a fun list. It's also just Tebucky Jones Jr in every slot.

You forgot Difton, Hernandez and others I am sure.....sigh

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Doron is playing for us!

Lets let the kid's balls drop before we guarantee him a roster spot, OK professor? Talking about this kid is just plain fcking stupid and a novelty at best.

I respect his Dad's right to post here, yours too, but put this in the cesspool or humor board until the kid finds out if he likes girls more than picking his own fcing nose.

Throw his highlight vids and accomplishments on every pre-school, pre-teen, pre-pube football board you want. God bless him and I hope he becomes successful in whatever path his father seems to be choosing for him.

For you to say that "Doron is playing for us" makes me laugh, cry and pray at the same time. Laugh at you, cry that you're a UConn fan and pray that Doron ends up following whatever path he so chooses himself.

pj

Reaction Score
Check out Lagow's latest tweet to Tommy Myers. To me it sounds like he's heading up to the northeast. Howlllll do you interpret this?

I think the northern squirrel population is an irresistible attraction to a Texas kid with a pellet gun. And they stand out really well against the snow.

Reaction Score
Amazing that people will speculate and argue about what may or may not be involved in a LOI when you can just look it up.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
For the love of all that is holy, does Timmy Boy(le) have a Tweeter feed our fan base can share here?

Not sure what "#" means but.......... #TimBoyle, #TBoyleUCQBFuture, #TimBoyleUCFBCommited, #TimBoyleUConnFootballIm10ToesInandNotAfraidToCompete

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
YOu've got roster limit of 105 players, if I'm not outdated, and mistaken, and you've got 85 full scholarships to divvy out. One thing, has nothing to do with the other - except that such a player as is being described, would have to make cuts, to be among the 30 - non-scholarship players on a roster.

Carl,

Check your math.

Reaction Score
I am twitter ignorant and against my better judgement I clicked the tweet link minidarren provided ... so ... can we recruit Stacie Blue instead??? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom