Lady Vols assistant Jolette Law leaving for South Carolina | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lady Vols assistant Jolette Law leaving for South Carolina

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Law coached the guards, and if anyone has watched UT for past few years you'd know that the guard position hasn't been strongest. So, it just might be a blessing that Law moved on.
Law also performed poorly in her time as HC at Illinois and was shown the door with too full years remaining on her contract.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
TN should just throw some money at Balcomb and call it a day.
I think there will be some good names to choice from. It will be interesting to see who is contacted.

Reaction Score
TN should just throw some money at Balcomb and call it a day.
From what Balcomb has said, she didn't want a job that involved traveling. Wants to be at home with her young kids. The analytics job she has in South Carolina doesn't involve traveling. However, it's a one year contract expiring in July, so who knows for sure.

Reaction Score
think TN needs to hire a coach who actively can audition de facto for head position there

Reaction Score
From what Balcomb has said, she didn't want a job that involved traveling. Wants to be at home with her young kids. The analytics job she has in South Carolina doesn't involve traveling. However, it's a one year contract expiring in July, so who knows for sure.
Balcomb was in the final 2 for the ODU job. Must've changed her mind on the traveling.

Reaction Score
There is a large contingent of LV fans whose hatred of Vandi exceeds their hatred of UConn. I doubt hiring Balcomb would go over well.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
One thing the new AD Currie. He hired a good hire for baseball coach. I wonder what he will say.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Law also performed poorly in her time as HC at Illinois and was shown the door with too full years remaining on her contract.
Terrible head coach, great assistant. The same applied to Carlene Mitchell.

Vivian has not produced many head coaches, but a number of very good assistants either played or coached for her (or both).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
From my understanding she was the recruiter who landed Evina Westbrook and Rennia Davis so yes she's the outstanding recruiter.

Also she's from Florence, SC so it's good to have her back home :D
I know we are not supposed to speculate about transfers, but keep an eye on this.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That's fine. She IS a very strong recruiter though and we need that.

Dawn is very hands on with our guards/wings.
I was gonna say, she ain't coming to S. Carolina to work with the guards. That's already taken care of.

Reaction Score
Law likely grew up a gamecock fan and has family in SC. this is no surprise really. the bigger news is that McCray left. She was a huge part of their success.

Reaction Score

Begs couple of questions.

1) Was there any conversation between Law and Cooper regarding where she should transfer?

2) Will any of the signees for Tennessee rethink their move to that school if Law, their main recruiter has bailed?

3) Didn't Illinois have some unpleasantness between the coach and the players? Did Law bail out on the Illini because of any of that? Have I got that wrong?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Begs couple of questions.

1) Was there any conversation between Law and Cooper regarding where she should transfer?

2) Will any of the signees for Tennessee rethink their move to that school if Law, their main recruiter has bailed?

3) Didn't Illinois have some unpleasantness between the coach and the players? Did Law bail out on the Illini because of any of that? Have I got that wrong?
Yes entirely wrong.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's fine. She IS a very strong recruiter though and we need that.

Dawn is very hands on with our guards/wings.
Kudos to Staley. Dawn gets it. If you aren't getting better, you are getting worse. I love what she is doing down there. She is building her program to last.

Reaction Score
Law likely grew up a gamecock fan and has family in SC. this is no surprise really. the bigger news is that McCray left. She was a huge part of their success.

Make no mistake McCray was a big part of what SC did and was an excellent recruiter but Boyer and Chimel are the engines of the train and Dawn is the conductor. Both Chimel and Boyer are a big reason why we are so successful. They are both really hands on with the players and have a big hand in the offense we run.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom