OT: - Kyle Neptune/Cam Whitmore | The Boneyard

OT: Kyle Neptune/Cam Whitmore

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I don't believe it! I also realize nobody cares what I don't believe.
Plan on waiting before coming to a conclusion. Would be incredibly stupid if a coach did not recognize the importance of backing a player at Cam’s level to get a good draft pick.

But I’ve witnessed a lot of petty behavior from otherwise intelligent people who sabotage themselves out of spite.

Any chance the agent representing Cam is throwing out innuendos to dispel what has been said previously about Cam to improve his image?

Reaction Score
Plan on waiting before coming to a conclusion. Would be incredibly stupid if a coach did not recognize the importance of backing a player at Cam’s level to get a good draft pick.

But I’ve witnessed a lot of petty behavior from otherwise intelligent people who sabotage themselves out of spite.

Any chance the agent representing Cam is throwing out innuendos to dispel what has been said previously about Cam to improve his image?
Wait. What!? You just suggested we avoid jumping to conclusions… then you jumped to a conclusion about Cam’s agent.

Reaction Score
He didn’t conclude anything about his agent. He floated a possibility. There were plenty of rumors about Whitmore not exactly putting his best foot forward in meetings with teams.
No, he just floated the idea. Thanks for clarifying. Yeah. I’m aware of the rumors. But thanks for sharing.

pj

Reaction Score
If honesty is a bad look, I think he’ll take it.

If you want to screw things for your players who actually deserve a good recommendation, get a reputation with NBA types for not being an honest shooter.

Some of you are nuts.

Yes. Possibly Kyle Neptune cares more about his own reputation than Cam Whitmore's.

Reaction Score
Karaban deserved Freshman of the year, not Cam whoever. The same guy who didn’t play in any meaningful minutes, all year long. That vote was a fraud.
It was a predetermined award before the season started.

Reaction Score
If Whitmore ends up being a bad dude, and Neptune vouched for him, then what's gonna happen when the next nova kid comes through the process, is a great kid, and Neptune vouches for him as well ?

Unless Neptune was lying and slandering a kid for no good reason to NBA GM's, then "Steve on twitter" is gonna have to settle down.

It sucks for all the parties involved, but honesty is probably the way to go

Reaction Score
Neptune did himself no favors as a coach with his performance with the team this season. Hoping the best for him & Cam.

Underperforming season, combined with negative press associated with the best prospect to commit to your program in your history. Add in a kid who had a reputation of a hard worker & riser in the rankings pre- your coaching. Who then underperformed & plummeted in the drafts

Not the headline you want as a HC

Reaction Score
Yes. Possibly Kyle Neptune cares more about his own reputation than Cam Whitmore's.
He did his own reputation no favors by being a sub-par coach.

If he wanted to assure recruits and future players to think less of him by throwing his guy under the bus, then I guess he accomplished his goal.

But, I assume this is all alleged. Apparently Whitmore didn’t do himself any favors in team
meetings, so maybe let him dig his own hole.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score

Just maybe Neptune was telling the truth. If so, Good for him.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Whitmore supposedly interviewed poorly and his workouts were subpar. Plus wasn’t there talk during the season about his body language, or something negative? You don’t fall from top 5 talent to pick 20 on a fluke, the word was obviously out that you don’t want this kid for a myriad of reasons, and good on Neptune if he was just honest about whatever problems the kid has. This might be the humility check the kid needs if he’s gonna live up to his potential. Hope it works out for him.

Reaction Score
I think Neptune is a bad coach, but count me as skeptical of this story. Obviously you have to be a little truthful with NBA guys, but if this is true that's a reputation killer for recruiting

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom