2022 Recruiting: - Kyle Filipowski | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Kyle Filipowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here come the crystal ball picks for Duke. This was inevitable. Director of Rens basketball is a Dukie and everyone wants Schyer to get off to a good start.

Reaction Score
Here come the crystal ball picks for Duke. This was inevitable. Director of Rens basketball is a Dukie and everyone wants Schyer to get off to a good start.
Only so much UConn can do when duke gets involved. Clingan and Karaban would be great. Syracuse gets hurt most from this.

Reaction Score
This guy has had Duke written all over him from the start. Rens basketball had very little to do with it.

I think the director of his AAU program has a lot to do with where he goes.

Reaction Score
Hurley should still recruit him HARD even after the verbal and LOI to Duke. If he isn't playing, he could transfer to UConn by January.

Reaction Score
Was really hoping he'd come to UConn just so I could scream "Fill it Upski" when he scored. Alas, will maintain vigilance in my search for other recruit puns...
Season 2 Reaction GIF by Friends

Reaction Score
This need to turn this into some sort of injustice, like he would have gone to UConn if not for this wrongful intervention, is pathetic. It's Duke. They're going to get recruits we want with or without the NY Rens.
But you just said it isnt the same Duke in another thread. I am confused. Flip was never coming to UConn.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Duke is probably going to be more of a threat to us without Coach K than with him, crazy as that sounds. Instead of fighting UK/G League/Overseas for one-and-dones, they’re going to go for the Jaylen Blakes and Kyle Filipowski’s of the world and build it like Duke teams of the past. They’re going to start fishing off the same pier as schools like us, Nova, Cuse, etc. fish off of so it’s going to become more common to see them listed with us in the running for recruits

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Was really hoping he'd come to UConn just so I could scream "Fill it Upski" when he scored. Alas, will maintain vigilance in my search for other recruit puns...
Akok Block was one of the best IMO.

Reaction Score
What is this? You want more than that? :)

I think he may be focused on the fact KF didn't say he was "humbled and honored" about UConn and also didn't post "not committed" on the dUKE posting.

Reaction Score
With Karaban we could say the opponent was "Karabanned" when the winning shot drops.......

Reaction Score
Not comparing Scheyer to K as a BB coach.. But..As a recruiter for K..Scheyer has been his lead guy for awhile. Wouldn't underestimate him as legit comp on the recruiting side of things. Zion was one of his recruiting successes..

Reaction Score
Not comparing Scheyer to K as a BB coach.. But..As a recruiter for K..Scheyer has been his lead guy for awhile. Wouldn't underestimate him as legit comp on the recruiting side of things. Zion was one of his recruiting successes..

The “lead guy” who worked for the best college coach of all time. You think Zion went to Duke for the opportunity to play for Jon Scheyer?

(He might very well crush it as head coach, and it’s not like they’re going to fall off the map, but it’s silly to say that Duke’s recruiting in the post-K era won’t be a little different.)

Reaction Score
That’s like saying Shabazz came here because of Kevin Ollie

Reaction Score
That’s like saying Shabazz came here because of Kevin Ollie
Not really..Scheyer has been associated with many of Duke's recruiting successes. Not sure you can say the same about Ollie. IIRC. .Ollie was never JC's lead recruiter. Big difference.

Bazz decision to come to UConn had little if any impact from Ollie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom