2022 Recruiting: - Kyle Filipowski | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Kyle Filipowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If DH and staff can sign KF after getting involved so late it will be an unbelievable achievement, especially now that Duke is in the mix with their new, young, head coach in waiting.
The history they've had with players of similar size and skills will be tough to overcome............but, hey, our staff has done it before starting with 1999!

Reaction Score
Does Unofficial vs. Official matter much these days? I understand what is allowed on each, but in terms of "commitment towards certain schools?"

Just seems like we're doing so many unofficial visits that it's hard to gauge the interest levels to a degree

Reaction Score
Does Unofficial vs. Official matter much these days? I understand what is allowed on each, but in terms of "commitment towards certain schools?"

Just seems like we're doing so many unofficial visits that it's hard to gauge the interest levels to a degree

Hurley mode for recruiting is to do a summer UV and a fall OV to get the committment. The kids doing OVs are from farther away, so paying their own way for a UV didn't make much sense.

Reaction Score
Hurley mode for recruiting is to do a summer UV and a fall OV to get the committment. The kids doing OVs are from farther away, so paying their own way for a UV didn't make much sense.
That makes sense, but if we're doing UVs with Flip while Duke is doing OVs, does that mean we're behind the 8ball here, or solely a matter of travel costs and timing?

Reaction Score
That makes sense, but if we're doing UVs with Flip while Duke is doing OVs, does that mean we're behind the 8ball here, or solely a matter of travel costs and timing?

I don’t think it matters much. He can drive to Storrs for a day and go home. He probably has to fly - and definitely has to stay over night - in North Carolina

Reaction Score
Don't think it matters much for now, if he's not coming back for an OV in the fall that's when it should be concerning and a sign that he's probably not an option

Reaction Score
can recruits commit on unoffical visits?
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Reaction Score
can recruits commit on unoffical visits?
Is this a serious question? I'm wondering if you're saying that an unofficial to get him on campus is just as good as an official since he can verbally commit after either.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

So should we not hold our breath for any commitments this summer? I know last year we got our 3 commits mid summer within about a 2 week period, but with COVID things were a little different.

Reaction Score

No, it is more than travel costs. You are allowed to spend money entertaining someone on an OV that you can't if they are there unofficially. So if you think "wining and dining" helps, you would rather entertain someone on an official.

Reaction Score
No, it is more than travel costs. You are allowed to spend money entertaining someone on an OV that you can't if they are there unofficially. So if you think "wining and dining" helps, you would rather entertain someone on an official.
Can recruits on an unofficial stay over and hang with the team like an official? So they can see the social side of campus? Or do they need to leave campus?

Reaction Score
He’s already scheduled to use his 5 official visits so he won’t be visiting us officially. This is our unofficial official visit basically.
I think they get 5 each for junior and senior year of high school. Do these count as junior year still and he will get 5 more in the fall if he wants them ?

Reaction Score
I think they get 5 each for junior and senior year of high school. Do these count as junior year still and he will get 5 more in the fall if he wants them ?
A prospective student athlete only gets 5 official visits to D1 schools in total (not annually and only one per school). They can take as many unofficial visits as they like (can afford).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think Hurley's strategy is to keep getting kids on campus. So yeah, they're more of less but getting comfortable and familiar with the school and program .... and they he closes on the OV. If that's the case is smart play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom