Kyla status [merged thread] | The Boneyard

Kyla status [merged thread]

Reaction Score
Has anyone heard anything definitive about Kyla's elbow injury she incurred near the end of Sunday's game?

I can't find anything.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
No updates but nice article in the Athletic about Kyla and her health issues in general and what she means to the team. Alot of Crystal quotes about Kyla's selfless leadership as well.

Auriemma said Irwin had been playing with a broken finger, which happened recently in practice, and a foot problem she’s had for a couple of months that will require surgery at the end of the season.

“That’s a lot for a kid that loves the game and brings a lot to our team on and off the court,” Auriemma said. “She’s a kid that does impact your team whether she’s playing or not, whether she has the ball or not, whether she’s shooting well or not. She has an infectious kind of personality that makes your team better and that’s rare in today’s day and age. And we’re going to miss that going forward.”

“She does it no matter how she’s feeling,” Dangerfield said. “Kyla is probably our No. 1 teammate. She does the little things. It’s things you don’t see and I think you can be a selfless person like that. That’s leadership you can show. When she’s out on the floor, she’s the loudest person.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I expect her on the bench tonight giving our team energy and exuberance and running out in front of everyone else to greet the starters as they come to the bench

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
And this is why I posted in multiple threads why Kyla should start this season:
She’s a kid that does impact your team whether she’s playing or not, whether she has the ball or not, whether she’s shooting well or not.

She does it no matter how she’s feeling,” Dangerfield said. “Kyla is probably our No. 1 teammate. She does the little things. It’s things you don’t see and I think you can be a selfless person like that. That’s leadership you can show. When she’s out on the floor, she’s the loudest person.”

Doing the things that don't show up in the Box Score but every other player knows that it was needed.
Get well soon Kyla and I am hoping that you are in your usual spot tonight, helping to make the Huskies the best team that they can be!!!

Reaction Score
So true. Listen to them speak while being interviewed and the poise and character is astonishing for young women their age. Whether Geno recruited them because of that quality, or they developed that quality by playing here, or a little of both, the end result makes you very proud to be a fan of this team.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
What is your source for this information?
UConn Women's Basketball Facebook page.
| INJURY UPDATE |

Kyla Irwin suffered a fractured elbow on her left arm in the Huskies’ game vs. USF Sunday. She will undergo surgery this afternoon.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
It's also on the UConn Women's Basketball Facebook page.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Unfortunate news. Surely this is the end of her season. Best wishes to her

Damn. I guess she cant be at tonights game. Maybe some facetime well wishes

Reaction Score
Yeow! Bless her heart. I got a glimpse of her elbow in the replay and it looked compressed, so I considered the possibility. Let's hope there's no tendon or ligament damage.

She's a warrior.

Reaction Score
Speedy healing to Kyla! Very painful place for an injury, much less a fracture. I bruised the nerve there and thought I had ripped my arm off! Hopes for uncomplicated surgery and good meds to speed her on her way to healing. And she needs surgery on her foot too? Guess that will have to wait a while.

Reaction Score
So true. Listen to them speak while being interviewed and the poise and character is astonishing for young women their age. Whether Geno recruited them because of that quality, or they developed that quality by playing here, or a little of both, the end result makes you very proud to be a fan of this team.
I don't really think this is a UConn specific thing. I listen to other teams interviews and it's not really any different.

Reaction Score
You could tell from the replay that it was serious when she landed full-force on that left elbow!
What a shame for a girl who came full circle to being a difference maker for her team in the games as well as off-the-court!
Now the chance goes to Camara & Adebayo to step in Kyla's spot and earn some minutes!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom