Kyla status [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kyla status [merged thread]

Reaction Score
I didn’t want to say anything but from her fall and the mark on her elbow, I was fairly certain this was the case. Play this season out in grand fashion for Kyla and let her cut the net in New Orleans.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
My wife broke her elbow and had to have it replaced. Cant lift anything over 5 pounds. I feel for her. We could use her in the NCAAs big time.

Reaction Score
So sorry for Kyla. Hopefully the elbow heals up and isn't an issue for her in the coming years. She isn't going to make her living playing basketball but she is an athlete and will want to be able to stay active doing whatever for another 50 or 60 years.

If she had to end her UConn career due to injury at least she did it late in the season and to end it after having an on court season with a lot of playing time and making a real contribution. In the end her UConn legacy isn't as a deep bench cheerleader. Nothing wrong with that; we've had a lot of them we rooted for to hit a shot in the last 2 minutes. Kyla was in that category, but no more. She should be proud that her hard work lead to her exceeding all expectations, or at least mine.

Reaction Score
An injured elbow will do nothing to dampen her spirit and love for her team and teammates. And it wouldnt surprise me if she makes an extra, concentrated effort to up it a notch or two tonihgt (if that's possible). She is the epitome of "everything for the team" attitude. Here's hoping for Kyla's quick and healthy recovery.

Reaction Score
Per the ESPN article, she was also playing a broken finger and a foot injury that will require surgery.

Prayers for Kyla through her recovery period.
Hey! This is Kyla Irwin we're talking about.

It wouldn't surprise me if the next update we saw said, "Kyla Irwin successfully underwent elbow, foot, and finger surgeries yesterday." "She is in good spirits and wants to know when she'll be able to resume full basketball activities." ;) :eek: :D

Reaction Score
I don't really think this is a UConn specific thing. I listen to other teams interviews and it's not really any different.
Really? Like Sue Bird, DT and Stewwie have always said - You can always tell if it's a UCONN WB player. I think Crystal's Facebook post above sums up who they become when they play here.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Best vibes to Kyla. She almost literally left all on the court.

She probably can’t be with the team in Uncasville tonight, but she’ll be with them spirit, and they’ll all carry her in their hearts. Then next week, she’ll be on the bench directing traffic with one arm, giving Anna instructions during timeouts, and all that. As Geno and Crystal said, she’ll still have an impact.

Reaction Score
As Americonn said, Kyla is a warrior. Saddened by this news, though not surprised, and will say a prayer now for great surgery and a great recovery.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In the interviews around Senior Day, Kyla expressed hope that she could play in Europe somewhere. I hope this doesn't get in the way.

I expect that Lou, who had enough surgeries of her own, has been in touch and will be supporting her good friend and teammate.

Reaction Score
This is so sad. There was no question in my mind that she had broken something in her arm just by the way & force with which she hit the floor. At least the injury was one that could be repaired with surgery.

Best wishes to Kyla for a complete recovery!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If they really mean that then tonight should be a flat out runaway from the jump.

You would think but sometimes playing on emotion can work against you. Would be cool if she might be able to get a thumbs up from the hospital televised into Mohegan.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Your wife still has eligibility left? :confused:
A woman's basketball only weighs 1.1 pound, so the the five pound limit should not be an issue.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You would think but sometimes playing on emotion can work against you. Would be cool if she might be able to get a thumbs up from the hospital televised into Mohegan.
Not to worry tonight about us. To quote Charles Barkley a long time ago: "It's gonna be ugly out there". This is about them as a team playing for Kyla whom they all love. 6th gear and no prisoners.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not to worry tonight about us. To quote Charles Barkley a long time ago: "It's gonna be ugly out there". This is about them as a team playing for Kyla whom they all love. 6th gear and no prisoners.

Nice call.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom