Kwintin Williams Highlights | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kwintin Williams Highlights

Reaction Score
Expectations shouldn't change but do you and champs think he is the last player on the bench and will be nothing more than a practice player? I find it strange that many on the board have been saying that.
You see that level of athleticism and think there has to be a way for this guy to contribute. We've been too unathletic in the frontcourt lately. It was why a kid from the IVY, could come in and seem like a glass of water in the desert.

I'm hoping he could box out, rebound and pickup garbage points around the bucket, also pick up some shotblocks from the weakside help.

Reaction Score
You see that level of athleticism and think there has to be a way for this guy to contribute. We've been too unathletic in the frontcourt lately. It was why a kid from the IVY, could come in and seem like a glass of water in the desert.

I'm hoping he could box out, rebound and pickup garbage points around the bucket, also pick up some shotblocks from the weakside help.
I could understand their thinking if we had a stacked frontcourt but we don't have a single player with frontcourt experience and Williams is the most athletic guy on the team, he's going to play.

Reaction Score
These highlights are better than his JUCO highlights I saw and it's nice to see him in an actual game setting dunking so explosively and attacking the rim. My expectations have changed in the sense that I thought there was a chance he could start at the 4 but now I think he can be penciled in as the starting 4 after watching that clip. Or 5 if Ollie goes small.

We haven't seen him play defense, we don't know how he is as a defensive rebounder, and we have no idea whether he can play within a structured offense.

Those are the things that will determine who starts in the frontcourt.

I'm excited about Kwintin and enjoyed the video. I'm excited to see all of the new guys. It will be fun to see what we have.

But at this point none of us has a clue how the frontcourt will shake out.

Reaction Score
Kwin is a player. A guy that athletic with size and with our frontcourt options. I said it from the beginning that Kwin should be our starting 4 man. Kwin is going to bring hammer time back to Storrs.

#KWINFORTHEHAMMER
#PICKANDROLLADAMS

Reaction Score
Expectations shouldn't change but do you and champs think he is the last player on the bench and will be nothing more than a practice player? I find it strange that many on the board have been saying that.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is a solid role player or if he is glued to the bench. I am retiring from this thread, my only point was that there were a lot of stupid posts in this thread.

Reaction Score
We haven't seen him play defense, we don't know how he is as a defensive rebounder, and we have no idea whether he can play within a structured offense.

I'm excited about Kwintin and enjoyed the video. I'm excited to see all of the new guys. It will be fun to see what we have.

I'm talking about my personal expectations. Your points are valid but based on this kid's size, athleticism and aggressiveness he would have to be very deficient on defense and bball IQ along with guys like Diarra, Cobb, Whalley, etc being better than expected in order for Williams not to start. Last I checked they're not making any preseason highlight videos for anyone else in our front court.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

This is the pragmatic reality of the situation.

Kentan had several games early his freshman season where he was an offensive rebounding machine and garbage points maker. He started several games initially. People were high on the kid. But he was lost on offense and worse on defense. He soon became a bench player. Not until his senior year did he put things relatively well together. So athleticism is only part of the equation.

I have a good feeling about Kwintin. Let me the first to say that there is no Kwit in Kwintin.
At the very least I predict he will energize the team. Watch his face and demeanor relative to others on the court. He loves to play.

I also like that he made highlight plays and did not grandstand. Quick to get back on defense. Maybe in front of a crowd that will change but I doubt it. This kid is a Hungry Husky.

Reaction Score
I stand corrected AntG just posted a preseason highlight video of Larrier in the Larrier thread...he looks great btw

Reaction Score

I don't know, honestly. That's what makes him fascinating. I'm not being sarcastic when I say maybe he's Tyrus Thomas - even without knowing if he can play, being tall and a freak of nature can take you a hell of a long way in basketball. The fact that he appears to have a great motor is perhaps the most encouraging thing of all. That he is already 23 is a great sign as well.

I just don't think it's crazy to envision a scenario in which he doesn't get off the bench when the rotation is cut, and I can say that about virtually everybody on the roster aside from Adams, Gilbert, Vital, Anderson, and Larrier.

Reaction Score
High flying dunking machines like Williams need to play. They often have great hands, attack the rim with ferocity, and run the floor. Dunkers also have very good timing and find ways to be in the right spot for putbacks and allyoops. Guys like Enoch look athletic but he freaking missed more than half of his dunk attempts last year..couldn't put 2 fluid movements together..If the coaches can teach williams how to be effective in the pick and roll, that will be a bonus. Guys like this are awesome for team chemistry and getting everyone else pumped. A key will be finally having some damn blowouts, which we basically had none of last year. In blowouts, he will shine and make everyone else more excited to dominate.

Reaction Score
This is the pragmatic reality of the situation.

Kentan had several games early his freshman season where he was an offensive rebounding machine and garbage points maker. He started several games initially. People were high on the kid. But he was lost on offense and worse on defense. He soon became a bench player. Not until his senior year did he put things relatively well together. So athleticism is only part of the equation.

I have a good feeling about Kwintin. Let me the first to say that there is no Kwit in Kwintin.
At the very least I predict he will energize the team. Watch his face and demeanor relative to others on the court. He loves to play.

I also like that he made highlight plays and did not grandstand. Quick to get back on defense. Maybe in front of a crowd that will change but I doubt it. This kid is a Hungry Husky.

"There were days when it didn't look like I was going to be able to continue my education, as well as basketball. I was thinking about going overseas. My faith from God and my support system and family were amazing through this process. Everybody stuck with me and showed me what was important, how much basketball meant to me. So I went and got the grades, did what I had to do to get on the floor and perform."

"[UConn fans will see] a very, very, very aggressive style of play. Every rebound, put-backs, very aggressive offensively and defensively, with the will to win. I would call it aggressive play, yes, sir."

“Some people jump occasionally, I jump all 40 minutes.”

..........sounds like a Hungry Husky to me

Reaction Score
"There were days when it didn't look like I was going to be able to continue my education, as well as basketball. I was thinking about going overseas. My faith from God and my support system and family were amazing through this process. Everybody stuck with me and showed me what was important, how much basketball meant to me. So I went and got the grades, did what I had to do to get on the floor and perform."

"[UConn fans will see] a very, very, very aggressive style of play. Every rebound, put-backs, very aggressive offensively and defensively, with the will to win. I would call it aggressive play, yes, sir."

“Some people jump occasionally, I jump all 40 minutes.”

.....sounds like a Hungry Husky to me
It is nice to see this man, this basketball player, stating his positivity about earning his way here. I'm sensing a mindset that is centered on effort and hard work and the desire to compete. Great attitude to go with his God given athleticism. So much discontent last year it's really refreshing to see players bringing high morale to the team. I'm getting this vibe that all is well in a fresh new season. Anything can happen, just gotta put the work in.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
my only point was that there were a lot of stupid posts in this thread.

And in that regard, how is this any different from 98.42% of the posts on this board? If it's got more than 3 replies, you can bet there are two tangents and at least one laughably insane post.

Otherwise. this place wouldn't be any fun in the off season.

Reaction Score
A guy with Williams talents and weaknesses requires good guard play to be effective.
High flying dunking machines like Williams need to play. They often have great hands, attack the rim with ferocity, and run the floor. Dunkers also have very good timing and find ways to be in the right spot for putbacks and allyoops. Guys like Enoch look athletic but he freaking missed more than half of his dunk attempts last year..couldn't put 2 fluid movements together..If the coaches can teach williams how to be effective in the pick and roll, that will be a bonus. Guys like this are awesome for team chemistry and getting everyone else pumped. A key will be finally having some damn blowouts, which we basically had none of last year. In blowouts, he will shine and make everyone else more excited to dominate.
Last years team actually had a couple of blow outs
Which is amazing
When you consider we only had one ball handler who missed or was hobbled in about 6 games.
and our key reserve was a recruiting afterthought and our 3 was a slow footed freshman who couldn't defend a chair.
Our Center had no hands
Our backup center was actually worse than the guy with no hands
Our four disappeared enough to create his own Vegas magic act
Other than those minor points we should have had a lot more blow outs

Reaction Score
Kwin is our Amida replacement that's the role he will play on our team. Difference is Kwin has better balance and hands than Amida did.

No one on our frontcourt is anywhere near Kwin's level in athleticism, ferocity,and game readiness.

All Kwin needs to work on is rebounding and defending guys with same ferocity he attacks the rim.

We need to show out in the PK80 Invitational.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom