Kwint not going anywhere | The Boneyard

Kwint not going anywhere

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Never realized how much the 3 letter word 'yet' can make a difference.

“However, Williams has not left UConn’s program, and there are no indications that he plans to. Plus, Hurley and his staff have no intention of running a player off the team. They could have done so back in April after Hurley was hired, but kept every player from last year’s squad, even if (like Williams) they weren’t likely to see a whole lot of playing time this season.”

Nah, he’s staying guys

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
Was at practice today at the XL Center
Do you have more information or are you reasoning that because he did not leave the team today... he will not be leaving at the semester break?

Reaction Score

“However, Williams has not left UConn’s program, and there are no indications that he plans to. Plus, Hurley and his staff have no intention of running a player off the team. They could have done so back in April after Hurley was hired, but kept every player from last year’s squad, even if (like Williams) they weren’t likely to see a whole lot of playing time this season.”

Nah, he’s staying guys

I hear you. If I was his parent, him being a senior, I would tell him to stay and enjoy the 'ride'.

Reaction Score
In response to the Borges article...

Yikes... Blaming the XL rims/facility managers? Shooters make shots, particularly in that kind of a raucous, home atmosphere.

Reaction Score
Not that I was a div1 basketball player but i remember playing a Glastonbury HS and I played horrible. My depth perception was way off.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I don't under estimate the new practice facility's affect on home shooting. Teams used to shoot at Gampel every day and quite often at XL. I also believed playing games in the Carrier Dome every year game team an edge come tournament, FF time.

Reaction Score
Let's look at this. Last year they needed bodies due to the defections. While many for arguing for more PT, some saw the reality, great athletic ability...not a lot of BB skill. I do not think he is leaving.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
For the people who thought he was leaving...where would he go? Makes no sense for Kwint, a 24 year old senior, to leave mid semester.

Gotta go make that 'trotta money yall

Reaction Score
Tomorrow night is the night. He's gonna get his burn, we'll see what he does with it

Reaction Score

Nah, he’s staying guys

Thanks for the article.. good read. I wonder at some point if UCONN with Hurley’s input, will ever stop playing in Hartford and play all games at Gampel or possibly another on Campus arena in the future? Thanks for any thoughts or opinions.

C

Chief00

I am completely disgusted with XL management. The state has pumped so much money into that building the last few years, yet the Wolfpack drive the bus. Ridiculous, have them pay for the constant renovations then. If Hurley wants to practice a few more times a year, pay the workers to change the floor. We drew 14,600 last game and what is the Wolfpack average attendance?
UConn plays 25-28 games a year there between the 3 sports that play there. What other meaningful tenant do they have? - None.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I remember the Memphis game last year when we were down big and KO threw kwint in and he really busted it and helped us almost pull off the comeback
I don't know how it looked on TV, but from the arena at Auburn he was the only one who showed any kind of hustle that game. Dude always had his heart in it no matter one.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Nah, he’s staying guys

Looks like someone read my post.

Reaction Score
I don't under estimate the new practice facility's affect on home shooting. Teams used to shoot at Gampel every day and quite often at XL. I also believed playing games in the Carrier Dome every year game team an edge come tournament, FF time.

So it's a gender issue?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not that I was a div1 basketball player but i remember playing a Glastonbury HS and I played horrible. My depth perception was way off.

Maybe you were just bad?

For the people who thought he was leaving...where would he go? Makes no sense for Kwint, a 24 year old senior, to leave mid semester.

There’s really no place to go. He seems like a great kid and a great worker, but he’s not going to play appreciable minutes at a DI college right now. Transferring doesn’t make a lot of sense for him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom