Kwint not going anywhere | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kwint not going anywhere

Reaction Score
For the people who thought he was leaving...where would he go? Makes no sense for Kwint, a 24 year old senior, to leave mid semester.
Agreed. I think he should stay. He is not a very good basketball player so I don't think schools are going to be knocking down his door and that's ok. He's our guy and he should stay here and enjoy the experience.

Reaction Score
Go
Agreed. I think he should stay. He is not a very good basketball player so I don't think schools are going to be knocking down his door and that's ok. He's our guy and he should stay here and enjoy the experience.
go to st joes and be da man on campus

Reaction Score
Was that his 'kobe Bryant's last game's Gunner moment?
Everyone in the arena (except for the opponent) , and especially his teammates, wanted Kobe to shoot every time he touched the ball.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Larry Bird shot for two hours before every game in every arena. and He never once ran to pick up the basketball he always had a ball boy or two there to feed him. He just shot every shot in the book countless times. all the 3's and spin shot of the backboard. So yeah, Kemba needs to practice in every arena.
So that's how he did it!

Reaction Score
With 7 minutes left KW should not be jacking up 3 pointers. He cant even make a layup, let alone shoot a 3. If he wants to be viewed as scholarship player start acting like one, instead of a walk-on trying to score. Run the dam offence ,this is not a pick up game at the park.

Reaction Score
My best guess on the KW situation is Hurley and the staff asked him to start looking into transferring for the next season. His tweets came near the same time as Akok's commitment which would suggest the coaching staff realizes Akok (and hopefully Kofi) will eat up any front court minutes KW would hope to see. He's only getting garbage minutes with this years team even with Diarra out, and next year he would simply be a waste of a scholarship. I think Hurley notified him about this now so he doesn't get his hopes up for a future at UConn and has enough time to find a good fit elsewhere.

evmore

FRIENDOftheprogram
Reaction Score
Let's look at this. Last year they needed bodies due to the defections. While many for arguing for more PT, some saw the reality, great athletic ability...not a lot of BB skill. I do not think he is leaving.
He comes into the game last night and jacks a 3, well short to the point he can scoop up his own rebound... only to drive recklessly to the hoop and throw up a brick. Then, next poss (or two) he loses the ball right next to him & throws a pity party turning his back on the play that leads to a fast break layup. Granted, up by 30 vs Lfyte but that just doesn't happen. I can't imagine Hurley would be cool with that.... unless he told the kid this is your last time on a floor with refs and a score clock, do as you wish.

Reaction Score
Yeah, the aggressive mistakes are one thing, but giving up on that play is a no-go.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
My best guess on the KW situation is Hurley and the staff asked him to start looking into transferring for the next season. His tweets came near the same time as Akok's commitment which would suggest the coaching staff realizes Akok (and hopefully Kofi) will eat up any front court minutes KW would hope to see. He's only getting garbage minutes with this years team even with Diarra out, and next year he would simply be a waste of a scholarship. I think Hurley notified him about this now so he doesn't get his hopes up for a future at UConn and has enough time to find a good fit elsewhere.

He's a senior.

Reaction Score
I believe if I’m correct this is his final year of eligibility. I think Kwintin might’ve just been given hard facts about his talent level recently. He has a lot of “up-down” quickness and talent but when it comes to being mobile he isn’t great. His stiffness jumps off the screen. I think we talk about him too much tbh. He’s pretty much a walk on w a scholly. He might not see more than 10-15 min the rest of the season now that cupcakes are wrapping up. Just hope he’s happy the rest of the way on his final ride

Reaction Score

No more eligibility after this year. He was a JUCO kid

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom