Kutztown exhibition game to be televised on CW20 - WCCT TV | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kutztown exhibition game to be televised on CW20 - WCCT TV

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The UConn schedule only lists it as being on CW20.
There is a way to watch The CW network through streaming services, but who knows if the game would be streamed.
The UConn website doesn't indicate that the game is being streamed by The CW which CW20 belongs to.
Google - The CW - and you'll find the streaming services carrying that network but not necessarily the game.

Thanks sun. Me thinks those of us that reside outside of Connecticut are “SOL.” Listening to the radio stream on The Varsity Radio Network is our only choice. I doubt anyone will post it on YouTube. Maybe the UConn audio-visual department will stream the game. I think they are our only hope at this point. Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
Thanks sun. Me thinks those of us that reside outside of Connecticut are “SOL.” Listening to the radio stream on The Varsity Radio Network is our only choice. I doubt anyone will post it on YouTube. Maybe the UConn audio-visual department will stream the game. I think they are our only hope at this point. Fingers crossed.
Last year’s exhibition game was posted on YouTube.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m in the southwest, so no, not in their broadcast area. I have the fox app on my tv, but maybe that isn’t enough.
I think it is, but that’s not how I access it.

Reaction Score
I think it is, but that’s not how I access it.
Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll have to wait until game day to see if any are on their schedule. The app doesn’t show any schedule beyond the current day.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll have to wait until game day to see if any are on their schedule. The app doesn’t show any schedule beyond the current day.

Not sure if you already went through some previous threads on this topic or not but attaching three thread links here for you. I have to believe you will find your answer in them.

The gist from all these threads is twofold;

1) The first and easiest way to watch the UConn games, if one lives in the SNY Tri-State broadcast area (NY, NJ and CT) and your TV provider carries the SNY channel, you watch the games on the SNY channel. I live in CT, I have YouTube TV and SNY is a channel they carry.

2) ...and two, if one is not in the SNY Tri-State viewing area, you would have to use the FoxSports App, providing you do have a live TV provider and they in turn carry FoxSports, FS1, possibly FS2 (just about all cable/live streaming providers have FoxSports and at least FS1 to my knowledge). You would watch the UConn games from the FoxSports App. Like anything else there are various ways to access this app...from Computer, Phone, any Smart TV/ROKU/as well as others. Just search for FoxSports App on your device and install, you will need to login with your TV provider credentials and that should be it. From reading threads on using the FoxSports App, I got the impression the game does not show on schedule (days in advance) it's almost like a day or even day of game.

Reaction Score
I think I was able to see every game live except for one last year even though I didn't have SNY. I didn't want to do the flosports thing but a lot of games were on foxsports.com and youtube tv.

Reaction Score
Not sure if you already went through some previous threads on this topic or not but attaching three thread links here for you. I have to believe you will find your answer in them.

1) The first and easiest way to watch the UConn games, if one lives in the SNY Tri-State broadcast area (NY, NJ and CT) and your TV provider carries the SNY channel, you watch the games on the SNY channel. I live in CT, I have YouTube TV and SNY is a channel they carry.

2) ...and two, if one is not in the SNY Tri-State viewing area, you would have to use the FoxSports App, providing you do have a live TV provider and they in turn carry FoxSports, FS1, possibly FS2 (just about all cable/live streaming providers have FoxSports and at least FS1 to my knowledge). You would watch the UConn games from the FoxSports App. Like anything else there are various ways to access this app...from Computer, Phone, any Smart TV/ROKU/as well as others. Just search for FoxSports App on your device and install, you will need to login with your TV provider credentials and that should be it. From reading threads on using the FoxSports App, I got the impression the game does not show on schedule (days in advance) it's almost like a day or even day of game.

Thanks for pulling this together. My situation may not fall under any of these headings. No cable, and I live in the mountains of New Mexico, way outside the SNY broadcast area. So far, I satisfy all my TV needs through streaming, either with a Roku device or an android TV, or through rabbit ears. I’m hoping to find a way to stream SNY games. My android TV has the FoxSports app, but it sounds like I won’t be able to use it to watch the these games on it since I lack a cable subscription I can use to sign in to it — though I can watch other events on it even now. If YouTube tv will have them, I’m happy to sign up for it, but it’s difficult to get any clarity on this from their website.

CL82

Reaction Score
Thanks for pulling this together. My situation may not fall under any of these headings. No cable, and I live in the mountains of New Mexico, way outside the SNY broadcast area. So far, I satisfy all my TV needs through streaming, either with a Roku device or an android TV, or through rabbit ears. I’m hoping to find a way to stream SNY games. My android TV has the FoxSports app, but it sounds like I won’t be able to use it to watch the these games on it since I lack a cable subscription I can use to sign in to it — though I can watch other events on it even now. If YouTube tv will have them, I’m happy to sign up for it, but it’s difficult to get any clarity on this from their website.
I think you will be fine if you sign up for YouTube TV. For what it’s worth, it’s also very easy to pause your subscription during the off-season, so that you are only paying for it while you need it.

YouTube TV generally offers some kind of free trial period, often for 30 days. Why not take advantage of that at the start of the season? That way you will have your answer and not be out of pocket if it doesn’t work, though I think it will.

Keep in mind that YouTube TV will not have the Kutztown game though. For that you would have to log into the fox 61 app. I do it on my laptop and then cast to my TV. If you are not comfortable with casting you can just plug an HDMI cord between your computer and your TV so you can watch on a big screen.

Good luck!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I think you will be fine if you sign up for YouTube TV. For what it’s worth, it’s also very easy to pause your subscription during the off-season, so that you are only paying for it while you need it.

YouTube TV generally offers some kind of free trial period, often for 30 days. Why not take advantage of that at the start of the season? That way you will have your answer and not be out of pocket if it doesn’t work, though I think it will.

Keep in mind that YouTube TV will not have the Kutztown game though. For that you would have to log into the fox 61 app. I do it on my laptop and then cast to my TV. If you are not comfortable with casting you can just plug an HDMI cord between your computer and your TV so you can watch on a big screen.

Good luck!
@Bone Dog I have previously subscribed to YouTube TV and they carried both my local Fox station and FS1. I used a Roku, Firestick and Xbox S to access the Fox Sports app for streaming SNY games. You should be able to enter your zip code on their website to verify that your local Fox station is carried.
I unsubscribed from YouTube TV when they decided to drop the ESPN channels in a pricing war during last season. The conflict was over quickly but I had already subscribed to Hulu Live to stream the SNY games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks, everyone! I'll probably end up trying the YouTube tv free trial offer next month and we'll see if it works out where I am. I've got nothing to lose. I'm not at all confident that the Fox Sports app on my TV will work out at all.

Reaction Score
I was basically going to reply/say what @CL82 already said. Get yourself a trial of YouTube TV account (you need this first to be able to do the rest) you will not have SNY out there but you will have FoxSports and FS1 and FS2 channels for you be able to download and install the FoxSports App on your ROKU...I have my YouTube TV running on the ROKU.

Good luck

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Thanks, everyone! I'll probably end up trying the YouTube tv free trial offer next month and we'll see if it works out where I am. I've got nothing to lose. I'm not at all confident that the Fox Sports app on my TV will work out at all.
You should have no problem with the Fox Sports app working via your Roku if your tv has any issues with the app.

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, I dropped cable added to YouTube TV and FiOS gigabyte. The quality is perfect, the ease of use is fine and I see every UConn game across all sports, with the exception of the games that are being offered on ESPN plus. It saves me somewhere a bit over of $100 a month. Not exactly “life-changing money“ but if I saw it on the ground in front of me, I’d bend over to pick it up.
Let's go to the video tape. Currently I pay about $130 for a FIOS triple play including cable, internet, phone. Essential non-SNY channels are included (CBS and NBC Sports, along with FSI & 2). I could go with just internet ($50) and phone ($25), but I'd have to add something like YouTube ($65) to retrieve the important channels I'd need to watch UConn. Hey, I'm back to $130!
PS/Although I can watch SNY games on FS1 or 2, I can also subscribe to SNY through Verizon here in the mid-Atlantic states. Not subscribing to SNY leaves me w/out Kara Wolters (dare I call her "nonessential"?) and saves me $14. I report, you decide.
Saving money is a sacrifice that few Husky fans are willing to make. Missing the exhibition game is about as heavy a burden as we can bear.

Reaction Score

Very clear and helpful...... I'm calmer now!!!! thank you. Z

CL82

Reaction Score
Let's go to the video tape. Currently I pay about $130 for a FIOS triple play including cable, internet, phone. Essential non-SNY channels are included (CBS and NBC Sports, along with FSI & 2). I could go with just internet ($50) and phone ($25), but I'd have to add something like YouTube ($65) to retrieve the important channels I'd need to watch UConn. Hey, I'm back to $130!
PS/Although I can watch SNY games on FS1 or 2, I can also subscribe to SNY through Verizon here in the mid-Atlantic states. Not subscribing to SNY leaves me w/out Kara Wolters (dare I call her "nonessential"?) and saves me $14. I report, you decide.
Saving money is a sacrifice that few Husky fans are willing to make. Missing the exhibition game is about as heavy a burden as we can bear.
Where do you live? Your cable is less expensive than mine was. My triple play cost be in about $230. When I switched over I dropped my landline which seemed to be solely used by solicitors and went to Fios Gigabyte which is their fastest service with the biggest gateway. Internet and YouTube TV was $130 saving about $100 a month. 100×12 $1200 a year savings.

Most of the TV I watch are either sports, predominantly you gun games or streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, or Prime. Being able to watch TV in any room without the need to run cable to it is handy as well. I could save a little more if I took a slower streaming speed, but with four adults in the house it seems worth the money.

Reaction Score
Where do you live? Your cable is less expensive than mine was. My triple play cost be in about $230. When I switched over I dropped my landline which seemed to be solely used by solicitors and went to Fios Gigabyte which is their fastest service with the biggest gateway. Internet and YouTube TV was $130 saving about $100 a month. 100×12 $1200 a year savings.

Most of the TV I watch are either sports, predominantly you gun games or streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, or Prime. Being able to watch TV in any room without the need to run cable to it is handy as well. I could save a little more if I took a slower streaming speed, but with four adults in the house it seems worth the money.
I live in Maryland between B'more and DC. I am shocked, shocked to hear the prices you have to pay. FIOS has a plan by which subscribers can order only the services they want, so breaking out internet, tv, and phone isn't a problem. I've mentioned the current prices above. But my point was that whatever the cost it's difficult to really save much if anything. If you have, congratulations.

CL82

Reaction Score
I live in Maryland between B'more and DC. I am shocked, shocked to hear the prices you have to pay. FIOS has a plan by which subscribers can order only the services they want, so breaking out internet, tv, and phone isn't a problem. I've mentioned the current prices above. But my point was that whatever the cost it's difficult to really save much if anything. If you have, congratulations.
Just curious, does that $130 include all taxes and fees? It feels like it probably does not.

Reaction Score

Good luck!
It may be possible to stream the Kutztown game on Fox 61's website @1PM. If so, that's the solution to the current burning issue.

Reaction Score
Just curious, does that $130 include all taxes and fees? It feels like it probably does not.
Yes. That's the total bill. Corresponding with you, it sounds like a bargain.

CL82

Reaction Score

CL82

Reaction Score
Yeah seems like a good deal. It’s a little annoying that it is priced so dramatically different here

Reaction Score
You too? I wonder how many of us would acknowledge the same thing, I've spent the last 6 weeks trying to find something compatible with Roku that has SNY. If I can't, I'm relegated to watching Youtube the day after.
FuboTV carries SNY.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom