Kutztown exhibition game to be televised on CW20 - WCCT TV | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kutztown exhibition game to be televised on CW20 - WCCT TV

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
As I've said if you just want the game subscribe to College Sports Live for the month of November for $10, then unsubscribe after the month. They've carried every UConn exhibition game and other games throughout the year for many years.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Thanks. I downloaded the app to my Firestick and all is good. I already watched the Aubrey interview that they have posted (among others, obviously).

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I live in Maryland between B'more and DC. I am shocked, shocked to hear the prices you have to pay. FIOS has a plan by which subscribers can order only the services they want, so breaking out internet, tv, and phone isn't a problem. I've mentioned the current prices above. But my point was that whatever the cost it's difficult to really save much if anything. If you have, congratulations.
I’m just now reading every post in this thread. I want to ditch DirecTV. My monthly bill is $203 and rising, and that’s without the sports package (that includes SNY) that costs an additional $18 a month. :confused:

When I reconnect every November the day before the first game, they usually give me a deal that consists of a complimentary 3-month free period. So I only have to pay for 2 months. That takes the sting out of paying that additional fee.

I remember the good ‘ol days when my bill was around $125 a month. Like $3 a gallon gas, those days are gone forever. I could try some of the options other posters have mentioned, but I’m not sure I or the other family members in my home would be as happy as we are now.

I do have FS1 and FS2. I’ve never tried to access SNY that way, but I will. I only subscribe to the sports package during the WCBB season. After the last UConn WBB game has aired, I cancel that subscription. Accessing SNY through the sports package is worry free. I know it’s going to be there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m just now reading every post in this thread. I want to ditch DirecTV. My monthly bill is $203 and rising, and that’s without the sports package (that includes SNY) that costs an additional $18 a month. :confused:

When I reconnect every November the day before the first game, they usually give me a deal that consists of a complimentary 3-month free period. So I only have to pay for 2 months. That takes the sting out of paying that additional fee.

I remember the good ‘ol days when my bill was around $125 a month. Like $3 a gallon gas, those days are gone forever. I could try some of the options other posters have mentioned, but I’m not sure I or the other family members in my home would be as happy as we are now.

I do have FS1 and FS2. I’ve never tried to access SNY that way, but I will. I only subscribe to the sports package during the WCBB season. After the last UConn WBB game has aired, I cancel that subscription. Accessing SNY through the sports package is worry free. I know it’s going to be there.
Sorry there's so much pain out there due to high cable prices. If you must have SNY, paying for it for 2 months doesn't seem onerous. Here (Verizon FIOS) it costs $14/mo., and I've decided not to subscribe because I can watch most of UConn's games via Fox Sports. Along with NBC, ESPN, and CBS Sports, you can get all of the Husky games. On a rare occasion you might need a Fubo for some tournament, but you don't have to keep it for long.
My research has discovered that HULU has ALL of the essential UConn channels listed above, though not SNY. So, with internet, if you subscribe to Hulu, you get the needed sports channels plus whatever movies/series are on offer. This way you don't pay for anything but what you want and get some bonus stuff along the way. Cost in Maryland is $50 internet, $25 phone, and Hulu is $70.
Paying for only what you want is a doable objective, whereas trying to get really inexpensive service requires more sacrifice than most Husky fans can bear.
You won't believe this, but some people have no TVs in the house. Rad.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Sorry there's so much pain out there due to high cable prices. If you must have SNY, paying for it for 2 months doesn't seem onerous. Here (Verizon FIOS) it costs $14/mo., and I've decided not to subscribe because I can watch most of UConn's games via Fox Sports. Along with NBC, ESPN, and CBS Sports, you can get all of the Husky games. On a rare occasion you might need a Fubo for some tournament, but you don't have to keep it for long.
My research has discovered that HULU has ALL of the essential UConn channels listed above, though not SNY. So, with internet, if you subscribe to Hulu, you get the needed sports channels plus whatever movies/series are on offer. This way you don't pay for anything but what you want and get some bonus stuff along the way. Cost in Maryland is $50 internet, $25 phone, and Hulu is $70.
Paying for only what you want is a doable objective, whereas trying to get really inexpensive service requires more sacrifice than most Husky fans can bear.
Don't you need Hulu Live in order to get the essential UConn channels? Completely different from just Hulu I believe.

Reaction Score
If your only TV provider is HULU to get the TV channels you need HULU Live. To get use the ESPN app to get their channels or Fox apps to get their content you have to give your TV provider credentials which for HULU is that for HULU Live. SNY may or may not be on HULU as it depends on where you are located. I got it as in western NY it was still consider a local sports network. The rules for receiving content are not consumer friendly but protect content providers. Hopefully soon now that streaming is getting so prevalent content providers will retain their rights to sell streaming of their content when they sign carry contracts with cable, satellite, and other TV package companies. The use of a VPN can at times help.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Thanks Huskyd. I don’t have to be a seer to know that at the current subscription rate, the marriage between me and DirecTV is headed for the rocks. :confused:

Reaction Score
The website UConnHuskyGames.com has replays of all the women's games, going back many years. It's a great place to enjoy top games from days of yore, and in recent years it was a place to watch full replays (without commercial interruption) of games I couldn't catch live. Here's what the site has listed for this year's projected schedule --

Next to each game are three link columns that you can click on -- BOX SCORE, REPLAY, and HIGHLIGHTS.

For all 10 OOC games (i.e., carried live on a national network like FS1, ESPN, ABC and CBSSN), all three links are available, which means that in addition to watching the game live on the national network, you should also be able to watch a full replay after the fact (usually available within about 36 hours after the game).

For all 18 in-conference games this year on SNY, the REPLAY link box is blank (i.e., not an option), but the BOX SCORE and HIGHLIGHTS links are still available. That means that for viewers outside the SNY market area, you should at least be able to get the box scores and video highlights after the game (again, usually within about 36 hours).

Interestingly, the Kutztown game on November 6 also has all three boxes available, which I assume means that within 36 hours after that game, the box score, highlights AND FULL REPLAY should be available for viewing. If that's true, I don't have to see the game live.

ANOTHER OPTION, of which I have availed myself even when I was out of the country, is to listen to games live (very good UConn play-by-play) on the radio. I would lie in bed next to my wife, in the middle of the night, and listen to the games through my earphones. I forget how to reach that radio broadcast. If anyone has a simple set of instructions, I'd appreciate it.

Reaction Score
The website UConnHuskyGames.com has replays of all the women's games, going back many years. It's a great place to enjoy top games from days of yore, and in recent years it was a place to watch full replays (without commercial interruption) of games I couldn't catch live. Here's what the site has listed for this year's projected schedule --

Next to each game are three link columns that you can click on -- BOX SCORE, REPLAY, and HIGHLIGHTS.

For all 10 OOC games (i.e., carried live on a national network like FS1, ESPN, ABC and CBSSN), all three links are available, which means that in addition to watching the game live on the national network, you should also be able to watch a full replay after the fact (usually available within about 36 hours after the game).

For all 18 in-conference games this year on SNY, the REPLAY link box is blank (i.e., not an option), but the BOX SCORE and HIGHLIGHTS links are still available. That means that for viewers outside the SNY market area, you should at least be able to get the box scores and video highlights after the game (again, usually within about 36 hours).

Interestingly, the Kutztown game on November 6 also has all three boxes available, which I assume means that within 36 hours after that game, the box score, highlights AND FULL REPLAY should be available for viewing. If that's true, I don't have to see the game live.

ANOTHER OPTION, of which I have availed myself even when I was out of the country, is to listen to games live (very good UConn play-by-play) on the radio. I would lie in bed next to my wife, in the middle of the night, and listen to the games through my earphones. I forget how to reach that radio broadcast. If anyone has a simple set of instructions, I'd appreciate it.
Actually, even a couple of in-conference games (at Villanova, Feb. 18, and at DePaul, Feb. 25) will be broadcast live on FOX, so full replays of those games should also be available for viewing (unterrupted by commercials) within 36 hours after those games. That being the case, I count 17 games that belong to SNY, and if you're out of the SNY market area, you should still be able to get video of the highlights of those games after the fact.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Actually, even a couple of in-conference games (at Villanova, Feb. 18, and at DePaul, Feb. 25) will be broadcast live on FOX, so full replays of those games should also be available for viewing (unterrupted by commercials) within 36 hours after those games. That being the case, I count 17 games that belong to SNY, and if you're out of the SNY market area, you should still be able to get video of the highlights of those games after the fact.
It has been discussed here on many, many occasions that SNY out of market fans can watch the SNY games live with these conditions:
1. You have streaming capability, ie a Smart TV, or streaming device (Roku, Firestick, Xbox)
2. You have a TV provider that includes the local Fox station and FS1.
3. If conditions 1 and 2 are met, you will need to download the Fox Sports app (free) and use your TV provider credentials to login to the app.

There might be other options, such as on a computer, but I have never used any of them, so I am not positive on how to do it.

Personally I have Hulu Live and stream the SNY broadcasts on the Fox Sports app using an Xbox S, or a Firestick or a Roku.

Also, currently the SNY replays are posted to YouTube a few hours after game completion.

SNY replays are no longer available for any season on the UCONNHUSKYGAMES site.

Good luck!

Reaction Score
It has been discussed here on many, many occasions that SNY out of market fans can watch the SNY games live with these conditions:
1. You have streaming capability, ie a Smart TV, or streaming device (Roku, Firestick, Xbox)
2. You have a TV provider that includes the local Fox station and FS1.
3. If conditions 1 and 2 are met, you will need to download the Fox Sports app (free) and use your TV provider credentials to login to the app.

There might be other options, such as on a computer, but I have never used any of them, so I am not positive on how to do it.

Personally I have Hulu Live and stream the SNY broadcasts on the Fox Sports app using an Xbox S, or a Firestick or a Roku.

Also, currently the SNY replays are posted to YouTube a few hours after game completion.

SNY replays are no longer available for any season on the UCONNHUSKYGAMES site.

Good luck!
But apparently the video HIGHLIGHTS of those games WILL be available, according to the site's schedule. Seven minutes of video highlights is better than nothing.

Reaction Score
FOX61 Update;

I just downloaded the FOX61 App and successfully watched some of their content.

I have a Fire Stick, Hulu Live bundle with ESPN+ and Disney+. ESPN for me, Disney for my wife. My ISP is ATT&T Hi-Speed internet with no local phone service as we were using our cell phones exclusively. I pay $90/mo for Hulu bundle and $74/mo for Internet.

I made the switch two years ago from DirectTV ($150/mo at the time) and telephone/internet service from the phone company ($120/mo at the time).

There are of course a number of channels that I used to access to that I no longer can but none of them were that important to me.

Earlier this year I installed the SNY App so that I'm not dependent on the sometimes hit and miss availibilty with the FOX Sports App.

I live in So. Fl. although I don't think that's relevant for the services I use.

Reaction Score
Carnac, I have had Direct TV for 19 years. Every year I negotiate my renewal with the loyalty dept, and receive an annual credit, which is substantial per month. My package includes all sports , premier movie channels and every football season ,I renew the Sunday Ticket. My bill is 142.84 per month and after the football season drops to106.08. It takes time and repeated calls, but I save almost 1,000.00 per year. Get to the loyalty dept and state that you may drop them, you will get their attention.

Reaction Score
You too? I wonder how many of us would acknowledge the same thing, I've spent the last 6 weeks trying to find something compatible with Roku that has SNY. If I can't, I'm relegated to watching Youtube the day after.
Are the game replays available on YouTube?

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Are the game replays available on YouTube?
Yes. A few hours after game completion, MJL243 will normally post here on the BY that the replay is posted on his YouTube channel.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
But apparently the video HIGHLIGHTS of those games WILL be available, according to the site's schedule. Seven minutes of video highlights is better than nothing.
If you are unable to stream the games live, the replays are available on YouTube. The complete game (minus commercials) would be better than just the highlights.

Carnac

Reaction Score

If you are outside of the radio broadcast area of the over-the-air signal of Bob Joyce's UConn WBB radio broadcasts, you can access it through the Varsity Radio app. [LINK] His pre/post game shows with co-host Debbie Fiske are 100 times better than (IMO) the pre/post game shows on SNY. I listen to his pregame show before every game.

Another link

About this app - The Varsity Network is your audio home for live and on-demand college sports broadcasts. Hear live play-by-play and keep up with your favorite college sports audio broadcast. Download The Varsity Network App today and never miss a minute of action no matter where you are listening.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom