Kristy Wallace Injury | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Kristy Wallace Injury

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The announcement was just made that Kristy has a torn ACL. I wish her well in her recovery!

Jeez, I'm sorry to hear that.

Reaction Score
Wish a discussion about a player's injury didn't turn into a forum to bash her coach, who made the announcement pretty much as you'd expect, but even if she hadn't....jeez. I don't like Mulkey either, but we've done that to death.

At this point, we have to think about what Kristy's thinking most about for her own good. Will she even be drafted by the WNBA now? It's unlikely she'll be able to play for, what? 9 months at least? probably the sooner the surgery the better, because I'm betting Baylor has excellent rehab facilities and she'll be able to take advantage of them for some time yet. But what does any of us know, really. It's her heartbreak, not an opportunity for us to turn on her coach. IMO.

Reaction Score
Very unfortunate for Ms. Wallace. Hopefully she realizes that to ensure her future in basketball she needs to take the time to heal and go through the challenging physical therapy to return to the level of play she is accustomed to. No need to rush things and potentially re-injure herself.

Reaction Score
Anyone see this??

I guess Mulkey didn’t rule out that she could still play....

Baylor's Wallace has torn ACL, not ruled out for season
Very few COLLEGE coaches would let a player with this kind of injury play ... regardless of the situation. If she straps on a brace, she may be able to play...with pain...but I fully expect her mobility to be significantly reduced and her productivity greatly diminished. If her goal is to play in WNBA, she needs to take care of this injury.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom