Kofi Illinois visit | The Boneyard

Kofi Illinois visit

Reaction Score
Takes his Illinois OV this weekend and the Illinois beat guys were waiting for Kofi at the airport

Reaction Score
Takes his Illinois OV this weekend and the Illinois beat guys were waiting for Kofi at the airport

Also, a few hours after this tweet, same guy made a forecast pick for Illinois on Rivals.

Reaction Score
Illinois is not a threat here. The quote above is why he is there.
They still only get 5 official visits right? I remember something of a rule change with that, not sure what though.

If it is only 5 I think it's interesting that he'd take one to a school that isn't really a player. Others have said ,BField included, that we lead.

Just pointing out that this is kind of interesting he's using an official to reciprocate the effort given to him.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Could the beat guys have made the end of that interview any more awkward?

Reaction Score
His comment that most pros come from the Big Ten and how he wants to be a pro could mean we're doomed.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
They still only get 5 official visits right? I remember something of a rule change with that, not sure what though.

If it is only 5 I think it's interesting that he'd take one to a school that isn't really a player. Others have said ,BField included, that we lead.

Just pointing out that this is kind of interesting he's using an official to reciprocate the effort given to him.

Official visits are fun. He gets 5. You’d be stupid not to take all 5. My closest childhood friend was one of the top offensive line prospects in the country in 1986. I was able to stow away on his trips to CAL (15 minutes from where we grew up and his eventual destination) and Stanford. The shrapnel I caught on those trips was superior to any woman I ever dated. Believe me, you take every trip you can.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah although the Big10 is an intriguing conference I still think he’s leaning towards Uconn. In his top 5 I don’t see how he would end up choosing Illinois unless there’s some $$ involved.

Reaction Score
From the Illinois rivals guy:

With virtually every recruit the Illini have been in on this fall and winter in the 2019 class they have been behind and chasing a leader. With it was Ohio State, with it was West Virginia. The list goes on. With Cockburn, however, the Illini aren't really chasing anyone, and in fact appear to be leading as they try to solidify their future frontcourt.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
From the Illinois rivals guy:

With virtually every recruit the Illini have been in on this fall and winter in the 2019 class they have been behind and chasing a leader. With it was Ohio State, with it was West Virginia. The list goes on. With Cockburn, however, the Illini aren't really chasing anyone, and in fact appear to be leading as they try to solidify their future frontcourt.
This guy doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Cause maybe he already knows where he wants to go. Recruiting visits are fun, on someone else's dime. Dunno why everybody doesn't take all 5.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
His comment that most pros come from the Big Ten and how he wants to be a pro could mean we're doomed.

Or he's putting lipstick on the pig...

He's got AAC, B1G, B12, ACC, NBE in his Final Five.

Reaction Score
At least he’s going when they’re on break. Can’t be nearly as much fun.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

I guess he might do that... if he had already made his decision.

I like what he says he's looking at on a OV... how the coach coaches, what practice is like, how the coach is off the court and sense of community. Have to think UConn and Hurley ticked off all those boxes.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom