Kofi having second thoughts? | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Kofi having second thoughts?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Ive never had trouble breaking my word. Im a total untrustworthy scumbag. I once offered to pay college tuition for a bunch of inner city kids if they graduated. They did and told them I was kidding and they were dumb for believing me. I believe the office did an episode based on it.

Scott's Tots!

Reaction Score
For a show with so many cringeworthy moments, that has to be up near the top.
As you well know Bob my wife is a superfan who still cycles through the entire series every few months before bed. That's the only episode she will skip.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Verbals have become a "momentary indicator of intent." I don't think there is much stigma associated with changing one's mind anymore.
Like you apparently, I am old to enough to remember 'your word being, your bond.' It still is for many of us, but I feel like that is a generational thing and disregarded by many (most) people these days.
I once had an employer who said in all seriousness, "I'm a man of my word. 90% of the time that I say I'll do something, I'll try." Later on, remembering those words informed my efforts in getting to the bank to cash my paycheck before anyone else in the company and only once having the check not honored. On those unhappy afternoons when others had driven from Great Neck to Garden City on their lunch breaks only to be turned away, I felt both good and bad, and grateful that I was not bound to the office.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom