Kofi Commits to Illinois | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kofi Commits to Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He’s a priority but he’s also a tough get. Mitchell, Wahab and under the radar guys or a post grad are our priorities for this spot now.

Those are the guys i'm most in on at this point.

Precious would be a historically great get for us, but that is only going to get crazier as we roll into the spring.

To me there was kinda two paths - Kofi/Precious and your path back to being good again is shorter.

Wahab/Mitchell and your path is a little longer, but you're still headed in the right direction.

I actually feel oddly good about Wahab. I think we're in a good place with that. That really seemed like a slam dunk Pitt commit and now it's def. not. The silver lining in Cockburn going to IL is that all of a sudden if you're a talented big on the board - you're not seeing much competition at UConn for playing time. And while sure, I'd rather have had Cockburn, i'd happily take those guys.

Reaction Score
I'm just happy none of our players post 300 second insta stories. Did I want to get him absolutely he will be a great player, but my comment about him being an attention seeker still holds
Gaffney And Bouk both commented on his post and seemed not happy

Reaction Score
He committed to a team that hasn’t been relevant in 10 years, a team that is 4-11 this year, a team that lost to Florida Atlantic while he was on his visit, and a team with a coach on the hot seat. Not to mention this happened ridiculously quick out of nowhere. If this doesn’t scream sketchy I don’t know what does.

Reaction Score
I'm in the camp that there has to be more to it. Ok you dont go to Uconn. But it's not Pitt or Kansas it's the Illini?

Reaction Score
Not that we were ever probably in as good a spot as many here (including me) thought, but the celerity of this coming together for a 4-11 program and the factors involved (Antigua, handlers, etc.) doesn't smell right. Whatever, I guess. On to the next one.

Reaction Score
Not being a jerk, but....

When you come for a visit, have the coaches coming to see you consistently and know you can step onto a roster and maybe be the best player on the team from day-1 at a program like UConn's and get a degree at a school like UConn and you don't commit when there's such an obvious want and need for you there - you're probably not coming to UConn.
Some of the best players we've had don't fit your theory.

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
That will be every recruit we are after in 2-3 years.

Your not wrong things are trending that way. Luckily for us Akok has 2 posts on his account and hasn't put up a story since I followed him. I'm going to pretend that's because he's too busy working on his game lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom