Kofi Commits to Illinois | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kofi Commits to Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I'm just happy none of our players post 300 second insta stories. Did I want to get him absolutely he will be a great player, but my comment about him being an attention seeker still holds
The same can be said for 95% of high school basketball players with high end D1 offers.
As a matter of fact, I know kids from my high school who play D3 basketball and they all have that trait.

Reaction Score
Some of the best players we've had don't fit your theory.

Oh you're right - but this one was a little different. It was almost a little too good of a fit. There's literally no downside to being here stacked up to who else was recruiting him. If he was gonna come here, he'd have committed early.

I just never got the sense from him he had any enthusiasm about coming here.

Reaction Score
Can someone post. Not an Istagramar

A0C5E6A0-2C17-473B-A0BF-AD89F1D61FD8.jpeg

Same :/

Reaction Score
we had better get back with the program and the $$$$$

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
hoping hurley and co. are checking in on wahab and mitchell as we speak...

perhaps Akok, Mitchell, and Wahab would actually fit better together than Akok, Mitchell, and Kofi would???

with akok and wahab on the roster you'll have a rim protector on the floor at all times. the same wouldn't be true with mitchell and kofi sharing the floor....

i'm either in the bargaining or acceptance stages of grief

You can make it work. Getting wahab Mitchell and precious is still a huge win of a class

Reaction Score

perhaps Akok, Mitchell, and Wahab would actually fit better together than Akok, Mitchell, and Kofi would???

with akok and wahab on the roster you'll have a rim protector on the floor at all times. the same wouldn't be true with mitchell and kofi sharing the floor....

Reaction Score

You are. We're not getting both of Mitchell and Wahab

Reaction Score

Yea we are lol. But it’s a helluva back up plan imo

Reaction Score
Eh I think we have as good a shot at Precious as anyone, tbh.

It's just that any time you get to top-10 guys, there's the NBA and anyone at anytime can step in with a need they didn't anticipate having and now you're in super competition central. It's just like successfully navigating a mine field. And heck, that's even how it was when we were landing those types of guys. It's kinda a crap shoot.

I think Mitchell/Wahab have to be the guys they're on like white on rice. I'm not sure we're at a point where we're back to getting guys like Precious. Yet. We could, but i'm not counting on it.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
All this means to me is he’ll be a late signing when they can Underwood.
Illinois was crazy to hire him in the first place. With all the Oklahoma State baggage, I'm not so sure Underwood will be coaching by this time next year.

Reaction Score
I’m not one to throw stones because UConn hasn’t exactly been an impressive basketball program in the past few years ... but if you’re a highly rated recruit with NBA aspirations, Illinois is a baffling decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom