Kofi Cockburn Official Visit | The Boneyard

Kofi Cockburn Official Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So who are we actually thinking could be giving a verbal after this weekend? Both Kofi and Akok or is one more likely than the other?

Reaction Score
So who are we actually thinking could be giving a verbal after this weekend? Both Kofi and Akok or is one more likely than the other?

The odds are decent that it’s neither, this weekend. Akok is done with all his officials so it stands to reason he’s more likely to decide soon. The idea that Kofi might commit during his first OV is a bit more hopeful than rational in my opinion.

I don’t dispute we’re in great shape with both. Based on some hints from trusted folks, it seems like we’re in better than great shape with Akok - my response is more about timing. Until there’s an indication, like an announcement time/date sent, I’m not gonna get my hopes up.

Reaction Score

Cam Thomas is such a great scorer too. UConn’s 2020 class will be smaller, but I’d love to have him be part of it. If we land Kofi, I’d think we’d spend a good amount of time watching Thomas this winter into the spring.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Was going to say this. He wouldn’t be allowed to attend the scrimmage if he was on his official then either.

Really? That's a weird rule.

Reaction Score
Makes sense with the scrimmage being on Saturday.

Is he allowed to watch the scrimmage if the official has not started?

Edit: could make for great conversation with the team on Sunday. They can tell him about Hurley the practice coach and the bench coach. Hoping the guys surprise themselves during the scrimmage.

Reaction Score
Is he allowed to watch the scrimmage if the official has not started?
If the media can't attend I would imagine that anyone not immediately affiliated with the team is also not able to attend. Pretty sure these things are just coaches, players, and maybe a ref

Reaction Score
Alright, we're going to need one of you current students to sneak into Gampel Friday night, sleep in an area where no one will notice you (probably behind the last row of the upper student section), then stay low during the scrimmage and take some notes. Much appreciated.

Reaction Score
Alright, we're going to need one of you current students to sneak into Gampel Friday night, sleep in an area where no one will notice you (probably behind the last row of the upper student section), then stay low during the scrimmage and take some notes. Much appreciated.
Just sayin,, the doors by the Werth Center are unlocked at night. (But you didnt hear it from me)

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score

Wouldn’t they just play the game in Werth? Seems logical since they have the capabilities to do so in there and there is no need for seating because it’s closed to Public

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Wouldn’t they just play the game in Werth? Seems logical since they have the capabilities to do so in there and there is no need for seating because it’s closed to Public
I hear you, but although no crowd may be better to scrimmage in Gampel to get adjusted to the sight lines of being in a stadium vs. a gym?

Reaction Score
From ESPN:

With the early signing period just a couple of weeks away, most top recruits are advancing in their recruitments. This weekend, three coveted top-40 big men are expected to take trips. Kofi Cockburn (No. 31) appears unlikely to make a decision during the early signing period, but he will take an official visit to UConn this weekend. It will be his first official visit, although he has taken unofficial trips in the past to Storrs and the campuses of other schools. Pittsburgh and St. John's also are receiving some buzz for Cockburn, but don't be shocked to see other universities jump in the mix.

Kofi Cockburn prediction: Connecticut
Confidence level: 40 percent
Others in the mix: Pittsburgh, St. John's, Illinois, others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members